Official Bandai 1/60 Scale DX Toy Thread Ver.5

azrael

stupid, stupid crotch lock :angry:

transformed my alto for the first time and i'm already having problems keeping him upright. hope they fix this in the armored ozma, because the current design can barely hold up the super pack boosters. they probably should have used some sort of metal and spring mechanism for this lock, or aided it with some magnet.

speaking of magnets, the hip armor could really use some. and the top portion of the calf armor should probably be hinged so the legs can at least bend. or maybe they should have made it of some material that gives some flex. shame that the legs with armor are stiff as stilts considering how wonderfully poseable the shoulders are.

sorry for the rant. now time to cool down with the VF-11B

I echo your sentiments, that is why I am fed up with the Battriod mode and going all out for fighter with the fast packs. That said, the Gerwalk on my Luca is extremely loose on the thigh and hip joint but damn, that Valk just look so good in Gerwalk with the nose dipping down.

Pic1 - I don´t like Ranka figurine

Pic2 - Tampo on right shoulder is 180º wrong

Ranka doesn't look to good "Blob Ranka", but to be honest at 1/60 scale, what did you expect?

Heh, yeah the 007 is printed upside down.

Graham

WHAT THE ?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Am I blind or did EVERYBODY MISS THE FRICKIN' VF-19 Kai in 1:48 scale in that picture!?!? Where can I get that! When is it coming out!?

Pete

Yes, you are blind. :lol:

Graham

I dunno, I think the add-ons for the RVF and VF-25G are a bit of a hard-sell. especially since for that same amount it seems you're getting a whole lot more with the Alto/Ozma Super packs.

Still, the RVF practically demands a Ghost to accompany it. But I'm seriously considering to instead get the RVF-25 model kit and do up the ghosts from there, it's only gonna be 20% smaller and you get all three at a much cheaper price. I figure I can live without the missles and fold comms antenna from the web exclusive too.

If someone is looking to get 3 ghosts to go with a Luca to complete the set I might be interested in buying the missiles which would help recount some of the (excessive) cost of the pack. PM me if you're interested.

Just had my vf-25f alto delivered in the mail, didnt realize there was no stand with it ( I bought the vf-25g and rvf-25 prior to getting this one), does the super pack or armored parts coming out in the future come with the stand like the others do?

Just had my vf-25f alto delivered in the mail, didnt realize there was no stand with it ( I bought the vf-25g and rvf-25 prior to getting this one), does the super pack or armored parts coming out in the future come with the stand like the others do?

The super pack comes with the stand. As you must have noticed, the stand is in the super part tray.

Armor part... Not sure, but very possibily so.

I believe the Armor pack includes a stand.

Considering how poor the 1/60 pilot figures were for the DXes, I couldn't really expect a lot from a 1/60 Ranka in the same lineup. It is small, but really, they could have done much better.

the DX pilot really SUCKS

i mean, for the overall toy u can say they sacrificed lineart accuracy for durability

which is a good excuse fair enough

but the pilot? what did they sacrifice to justify giving us that blob?

oh yeah, production costs

the DX pilot really SUCKS

i mean, for the overall toy u can say they sacrificed lineart accuracy for durability

which is a good excuse fair enough

but the pilot? what did they sacrifice to justify giving us that blob?

oh yeah, production costs

I find the worst part to be that while the VF100 version doesn't have a pilot, the level of detail in the cockpit is still better despite the toy being about 1/3 the size.

...Ranka doesn't look to good "Blob Ranka", but to be honest at 1/60 scale, what did you expect?...

I expectd a better 1/60 figure, better than blob pilots cause its a special item. Mold looks good to me, i think the painting is the problem.

Well, if that is a Ranka official pic by Bandai, how will be mass produced figurine? :wacko:

Edited by alfye

Considering how poor the 1/60 pilot figures were for the DXes, I couldn't really expect a lot from a 1/60 Ranka in the same lineup. It is small, but really, they could have done much better.

It would have helped if they actually made the pilots 1/60 scale in size. The DX pilots are the same size and proportions as the 1/72 scale Isamu that comes with the 1/72 VF-11B + FP.

Anybody hear a date yet for release of the Galia IV and Ghost accessory sets?

Graham

According to the Tamashii website: "late July" for both

商品発送予定 2009年7月下旬予定

- google translate -

Expected stock : Expected late 2009 7

And just for reference :

Armored parts for the 25F - Mid-September 2009

VF-25F clear fold version - Early September 2009

Ok, Noob questions here. Are these accessory packs pre-painted/assembled? I've got a RVF, and a VF-25G coming, but I'm on the fence about dropping another hundred dollars on each of the accesories, and I'm pretty much useless when it comes to paint and glue. LOL.

Ok, Noob questions here. Are these accessory packs pre-painted/assembled? I've got a RVF, and a VF-25G coming, but I'm on the fence about dropping another hundred dollars on each of the accesories, and I'm pretty much useless when it comes to paint and glue. LOL.

These are pre-assembed and painted toy accessories (accessories for toys! This is such a luxury). No worries.

hey guys... just bought my first VF-25... the VF-25G. My first Bandai valk since... well, I think I had a VF-17 Nightmare for about a week ;)

Anyway, just a couple of questions that may have been answered already that I might have missed... the first one is the most important to me..

I ordered this sucker from Overdrive and I live in New Jersey (hold the jokes please). About how long will it take to get here?

Besides the tampo stuff, anything I should be careful of? Any parts that are prone to snapping/popping off/activating auto-kill mode?

Not really, besides the tampo prointing rubbing off, which you are already aware of, it's a pretty sturdy toy.

The only potential issue is that the battroid mode crotch lock seems to be looser on some toys than others and also does tend to loosen after several transformations, leading to self-unlocking in battroid mode, a problem exacerbated by the additional weight of the Super Packs.

Graham

Be aware of over-stiff or loose shoulders. Crotch lock is the biggest issue so far.

yeah..don't forget man....the antennas are not removable, they can be popped off but can't be put back in, unless you're willing to suffer..... Sorry for the side-tracking - I got mines fixed, followed the advice of a fellow poster - nothing good old crazy glue cannot fix - both antennas are good to go now - just a bit of warping on the left one - oh yeah - tampo printing rub off is kinda well...a bit bad - hopefully some enamel repaint touchup will suffice - and yeah, don't move the legs too much because the upper part of the intakes rub off against the sides of the plane, looks very bad when transformed in plane mode - mines is great, but afraid to really get him into many crazy poses because of the tampo rub off

I can't beleive we've seen shots of the painted and completed(?) 1/72 model and the VF100 Full Armor, but not the DX. I wonder what's the frigging hold up... <_<

Perhaps a re-re-redesign of the neck so that it doesn't have to be neckless or need head swapping? :D

Edited by Vifam7

Ok, got my VF-25G and RVF-25 today, and they look outstanding. Transforming the 25G was kind of scary, since I've never had one of these high performance Valkyries, I've only had Chunky Monkeys, and you really don't have to worry about those, it seems. The 25G is obviously built more sturdy than I really expected. The only really troubling time was when I tried to turn it back into a jet, and the head ended up turned backwards. Not really a problem except that I didn't know it was turned around backwards. It took noob about 15 minutes to figure out where I went wrong, but finally got it back into jet and fast packed up for display. Now I have to save up for the accessory packs. :huh:

Hi guys, I was thinking of picking up my my first Macross Frontier valks, and I'm not exactly sure what I should be picking up with all these exclusive items, so I was hoping someone could help me out. I wanted to pick up the DX valks below.

1. VF-25 Alto - I'm not sure where to order this one since I wanted the reissued version. Also, is it easier to find the super parts for him or the armor pack?

2. VF-25 Ozma - I'm looking for the armored set but all I've found is the clear set so far? Has this not been listed for pre-order yet?

3. VF-25 - Luca - Do I pick up the currently available one or is there a limited edition for it with Ghost accessories?

4. VF-25 Micheal - Same with Luca, do I pick up the current version or is there a limited edition one coming out with the fold pack?

Can't help on 1 but if Overdrive-inc has any they're guaranteed to be second edition since they sold out of the first edition instantly.

2) Ozma with GBP is either a late August or September release, it will not be an exclusive and should be readily available

3 and 4) the accessory packs are sold separately as exclusives, there have been no announcements they will ever be sold with the toys as a bundle set. This means you have to buy the toys and then find a way to buy the accessories (Luca's Ghost, Micheal's fold drive) separately.

Can't help on 1 but if Overdrive-inc has any they're guaranteed to be second edition since they sold out of the first edition instantly.

2) Ozma with GBP is either a late August or September release, it will not be an exclusive and should be readily available

3 and 4) the accessory packs are sold separately as exclusives, there have been no announcements they will ever be sold with the toys as a bundle set. This means you have to buy the toys and then find a way to buy the accessories (Luca's Ghost, Micheal's fold drive) separately.

Are there any places that have the Ozma GBP set for pre-order? I tried Overdrive and HLJ and both sites didn't have it listed.

Are there any places that have the Ozma GBP set for pre-order? I tried Overdrive and HLJ and both sites didn't have it listed.

Anime-export has them on preorder still and has the cheapest price on the net. I've dealt with them many times and never had a problem. They're customer service is awesome and they're packaging and shipping costs are pretty competitive as well.

Anime-export has them on preorder still and has the cheapest price on the net. I've dealt with them many times and never had a problem. They're customer service is awesome and they're packaging and shipping costs are pretty competitive as well.

Is the GBP armor suppose to be clear?