Official Bandai 1/60 Scale DX Toy Thread Ver.5

azrael

Man I would by one if I didn't have to pay for a VT-1 and a VF-22 in the next couple of months. I am literally taped and struggling to decide whether I should get a SV-51 Nora that is on sale right now.

An update:

I've finally read from another source; the swapable part is the neck joint.

I've seen extendable necks for 25S on sale on Yahoo JP auction; and Bandai doesn't care enough to do that. Just swapped parts... No I am not surprised.

Yeah I know I should be thankful for the hard lasers and swapable neck.

Wow, that is really lazy of them.

It better be because their designers are too hard at work to take time away from the VF-171 or VF-27 to make a decent neck design for the 25S.

How does the 1/72 VF-25S model handle the whole head/neck thing? It doesn't seem to suffer from the same problem as the DX version.

Wow, that is really lazy of them.

It better be because their designers are too hard at work to take time away from the VF-171 or VF-27 to make a decent neck design for the 25S.

How does the 1/72 VF-25S model handle the whole head/neck thing? It doesn't seem to suffer from the same problem as the DX version.

The model has a neck component that pushes up in battroid mode to hold the head higher.

Excuse me if I don't explain it well enough; but there are ways to do it and definitely not involving rocket science.

The model has a neck component that pushes up in battroid mode to hold the head higher.

Excuse me if I don't explain it well enough; but there are ways to do it and definitely not involving rocket science.

Ya can't they just do a hatch or something to lock it or to push higher . :angry:

Edited by bb_f1

After watching MacF I really wanna get my hands on some nice Toys... as for now I own two 1/48 scale Hikaru Yamato ones one of 'em with SUper Strike Parts. That all I have and know about Macross and that's why my question ist...

Where to get the Frontier Toys (I live in Europe so which online source is best)? I only know hlj.com but they don't have ozma and alto anymore.

Furthermore I'm afraid of buying something outdated, after ready all that re-isue stuff... would you wait or can I buy 'em without further thoughts and without worrying about buying crap?

I hope it's okay to ask these question, though I might get my answers by reading all the 30 pages and 4 other MacF Dx threads... but feeling somewhat lost, I hope someone can help me faster and reliable.

Thanks in advance

Try

Overdrive

http://www.over-drive-inc.com/store/default.php

Hobby Search

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/

Edited by logos

Well now that they have a neck and head laser "fix" I guess I am preordering the Armored VF-25S then.....that was pushed back to August right?

HJ scan. Appears to talk about modification made to armored VF-25S' head.

WHAT THE ?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Am I blind or did EVERYBODY MISS THE FRICKIN' VF-19 Kai in 1:48 scale in that picture!?!? Where can I get that! When is it coming out!?

Pete

Am I blind or did EVERYBODY MISS THE FRICKIN' VF-19 Kai in 1:48 scale in that picture!?!? Where can I get that! When is it coming out!?

Pete

That's the prototype for the Hasegawa 1:48 YF-19 model.

Pete

Where does it say VF-19 Kai? All I see is YF-19. And I believe it's a model kit and it's old news, but correct me if I'm wrong:

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=29700

Those exclusive additions are awesome. Too bad they're like $100. I'm so far behind on collecting, I'm just gonna go at my own pace now, instead the pace at which all these things are coming out in. I can't keep buying 5 and 6 versions of the same thing all the time.

Not sure I will display the Super Fold Booster. It's a little too pink. Yeah, I know it was that way in the anime, but really on the toy, it looks very gay IMO.

Love the missiles and Ghost though.

Graham

yech.. pink! I can't believe they didn't say "screw the anime authenticity, let's make it gray!"

Super Fold Booster. It's a little too pink. Yeah, I know it was that way in the anime, but really on the toy, it looks very gay IMO

lol, i was waiting for someone to make this comment...:lol: ... and what is w/ those markings that look like a flower flanked by 2 hearts??? :lol:

lol, i was waiting for someone to make this comment...:lol: ... and what is w/ those markings that look like a flower flanked by 2 hearts??? :lol:

I thought it looked more like a cat face. hello kitty fold booster.

Dig out your Air Brush you lazy Aussie??? when was the last time you use it I wonder??? :lol:

haha, funny, I was just thinking the same thing the other day. Answer: probably shortly before I became a parent, ie more than a year and a half ago.. :o

Its upside down, but its hard to tell with the clear scheme. I don't know whats all the rave about the clear exclusives anyway.

'500' instead of '005'? Knowing Bandai and their clear exclusives, it could even be intentional (it actually looks that way - look at the shape of the '5'!). Sometimes they even swap colorschemes...

Some people like it, others don't. Since most clear versions aren't canon anyway, I don't think it's much of a problem, but YMMV.

Edited by Salamander

what "5" are you talking about?

he's talking about the tempo printing on this shoulder here. it's not supposed to be 500 or 005, it's supposed to be 007, but it's printed on upside down.

post-10806-1243688129_thumb.jpg
Edited by anime52k8