Official Bandai 1/60 Scale DX Toy Thread Ver.5

azrael

About VF-25S armored:

Release day pushed to August: http://www.tamashii.jp/item/200908.php

New blog post about preparing their show display: http://www.tamashii.jp/staff_diary/diary.p...98&level=01

I think I see a slightly longer neck and straighten head guns.

public_diary.00298.00000002.jpg

Maitta naaa! I was really hoping to get my first DX Messiah this June!

Oh well, as long as Bandai addresses as many of the first release issues as they can, I think I can wait for my pre-order until August.

BTW, the laser turret on the booster pack in this pic looks shorter. There doesn't seem to be any opening hatches or other gimmicks on it either.

I hope that's just in the mock-up.

I really like how they improved the neck joint and the head lasers. I hope the head lasers won't be made out of brittle plastic though.

So far, I'm glad I held off on buying the first release Ozma's. Its the wait that's killing me though! :lol:

There doesn't seem to be any opening hatches or other gimmicks on it either.

I hope that's just in the mock-up.

Don't worry, there's already been photos published showing the missile hatches can open.

***EDIT***

The wings are straighter on my re-issue VF-25F compared to my VF-25G.

Thanks alot!

I'm actually glad that they pushed the release to August, at least now there's only the VF-22S for my wallet to cope with in June ^_^. My next few months are all full up! YF-19 recolour in May, VF-22S in June, VT-1 in July and Armoured VF-25S in August. I've just gotta fit a YF-21 and a VF-11B in there somewhere :p

About VF-25S armored:

Release day pushed to August: http://www.tamashii.jp/item/200908.php

New blog post about preparing their show display: http://www.tamashii.jp/staff_diary/diary.p...98&level=01

I think I see a slightly longer neck and straighten head guns.

public_diary.00298.00000002.jpg

That's actually a relief for me. My wallet could use a breather after the VF-22S. I hope they have been taking this time to do additional improvements to the VF-25 mold besides the the neck and head lasers (like getting the legs higher up in fighter mode and making sure the locking mechanisms work better).

That's actually a relief for me. My wallet could use a breather after the VF-22S.

It's not for me..it makes me debate getting one of the YF-19 repaints a little harder now. (Or the AO Sheryl..or a Banpresto Klan..aargh!, decisions, decisions..)

Edited by Letigre

Hi Graham,

May I ask a hypothetical licensing question (or two)? Can Bandai release a 1/60 DX Queadluun-Rau MF version?

Similarly, can they release a 1/100 VB-6, MF color?

Thanks!

There is no such thing as a Macross Frontier Queadluun-Rau!

The mecha which appears in Macross Frontier is called the Queadluun-Rea.

In theory, I see no reason why Bandai cannot release a 1/60 or 1/100 Q-Rea toy.

Especially as the 1/72 Q-Rea model kit has just been announced at the Shikuoka Hobby Show 2009, for release in August.

Graham

Little disappointed that we've had no news so far from the Shizouka Hobby Show of a 1/60 DX VF-171 or VF-27. :(

Lots of good news on the model kit front (see the model kit forums), but no new news from the toy side. :(

Hopefully when the show opens to the public at the weekend, we'll get some pleasant surprises.

Graham

I got an Alto in the post yesterday. A few comments:

1) This is the most durable feeling toy I've brought since, well, a chunky monkey (well, a Jetfire, 20+ years ago).

2) Posability is decent, not great, thanks to the leg design.

3) Its likeness isn't spot on, in comparison to the CG, but I only noticed that when I deliberately went looking for flaws. It's beauty otherwise.

I think what is causing the contraversy with these toys is a difference in design philosphy between Bandai and Yamato. Bandai seems to being going for "toy", whereas, from what I've observed, Yamato makes display pieces. This is a uninformed opinion though, as I have yet to get a Yammie, so please forgive the sweeping generalisation, I'm just going from what I've read here.

Ahhh! You got me. I copied and pasted the name from the Q-Rau (never remember how to spell Queadluun) and forgot it's Q-Rea in MF.

Cuz I remember you said they may have license conflict for products on the same scale, and thus I asked.

Thanks!!!

There is no such thing as a Macross Frontier Queadluun-Rau!

The mecha which appears in Macross Frontier is called the Queadluun-Rea.

In theory, I see no reason why Bandai cannot release a 1/60 or 1/100 Q-Rea toy.

Especially as the 1/72 Q-Rea model kit has just been announced at the Shikuoka Hobby Show 2009, for release in August.

Graham

it is kind of weird there are so many announcements in the model front, yet there is nothing on the DX Quarter, no huge progress in coloring the DX Armor for a more attractive display...and no VF-27 or 171 prototype whatsoever so far. Today and tomorrow are trade days, weekend will be open to general public, I am not sure we'll get any surprises.

(The 1/250 boxes are seen somewhere in the pictures too, anything on display?)

Don't worry, there's already been photos published showing the missile hatches can open.

Thanks for the reassurance Graham!

I'm really looking forward to getting a DX Messiah soon! The Armored Ozma will be my first. I really hope it won't disappoint!

I think that the chance of having a DX VF-27 and Q-Rea is higher now that they are coming out with the kits! OTOH, I guess since they are delaying the Armoured DX by 2 months to August, that any new DX toys will be similarly delayed? Maybe Bandai is delaying the DX releases in light of the economic situation? Model kits are much cheaper than toys, afterall.

I think the armored '25S is looking awesome! The changes to the main figure look great, but I have my concerns about the head lasers. The V.1 was mildly disappointing (though treatable), but strengthening the materials, especially on something of that diameter, could be a delicate balancing act. Unless they are replaced with metal rod, which would be highly unlikely I imagine, they could turn out quite brittle.

The delay sucks, but I was waiting for my 25S for a while after it first came out so it just gives me a bit more time to get my finances in order. If it is to ensure QC then all the better.

Now that we have an idea what to expect after the first and second issues of the 25, I'm concerned if it could stand on its own without a stand in Battroid or Gerwalk. If they can manage that, along with fixing the armor so that it doesn't pop off at the drop of a hat, I would be happy (and pleasantly suprised).

I think this armored VF-25S may be my last DX of the 25s. I was planning on getting an Alto custom if they ever made a bunch of improvements to the sculpt, but with the 1/48 VF-25F model coming, if that thing is perfect transformation, then I'm going to go for that instead. I'd still spring for a DX VF-27 though. A bunch of my issues with the DX VF-25 may be non-existent on the VF-27 due to the differences in how it transforms.

OMG... what the freaking hell. >.>

Alright... if this is the case I may just buy Ozma's and repaint it lol. Hopefully I have enough money for this one by the time October comes around. -=\

***EDIT***

DAMN BANDAI! Yamato isn't this bad at least....

HMM... why couldn't they just make this a normal release version and then release a transparent exclusive version.... >.>

***RE-EDIT***

Hmm... either that just keep playing with Ozma's until the paint falls off (which should be pretty quick) then repaint it for altos. XD

Edited by PsYcHoDyNaMiX

So far only found one photo.

That's looking MIGHTY fine. B)) I wish I could see what it looks like from the side and back though. I like how the leg armor covers the extended ankles.

I do hope that they've done something about the attachment method for the hip armors. The fact that the early super packs keep popping off in that area is making me worried. That and the lack of articulation in the knee joints once the leg armor is on.

Sigh. I knew I should have stopped bending the head lasers on my VF-25F.

The plastic around the nub eventually wore down and broke off. :angry:

I think this armored VF-25S may be my last DX of the 25s. I was planning on getting an Alto custom if they ever made a bunch of improvements to the sculpt, but with the 1/48 VF-25F model coming, if that thing is perfect transformation, then I'm going to go for that instead. I'd still spring for a DX VF-27 though. A bunch of my issues with the DX VF-25 may be non-existent on the VF-27 due to the differences in how it transforms.

They pretty much transform the same.

Alto armored in Preorder !!!!

I really hate this "Tamasshi Exclusive" stuff

This is what i was waiting for, it being a exclusive sucks but this is the only version of the 25F i wanted