Best Anime Ever

VFTF1

Oh you mean that Foolie Coolie sequel. That's no Gunbuster sequel. ^_^

I like how people keep telling themselves this.

Ha ha, I would just enjoy watching my Buster Machine No.7 slicing a planet and the Double Inazuma Kick.

Edited by REbirth

Ah to be fair, I really love Hoshikuzu Namida. That just about the only thing that doesn't offend my ear. When I first watch that FLCL sequel, every time I would hope that the show would end quickly so I can enjoy the closing song. ^_^

(...) That's no Gunbuster sequel. ^_^

You are absolutely right, as there's a show nameed "Aim for the top! Gunbuster", and that show's sequel is "Aim for the top 2!".

What's this "Gunbuster" that everyone's referring to? :lol:

Storywise, I like how they don't give you any time or location specifics right away, and you find out about that and how it's all related to the original after the episode/series is completed.

Ah to be fair, I really love Hoshikuzu Namida. That just about the only thing that doesn't offend my ear. When I first watch that FLCL sequel, every time I would hope that the show would end quickly so I can enjoy the closing song.

Honestly, you don't like Grooooving Magic? That song is pretty catchy, even for a mecha title's opening.

And like sketchley said, timeline-wise, there is no Gunbuster sequel, because Diebuster and Gunbuster end at nearly the exact same time.

Honestly, you don't like Grooooving Magic? That song is pretty catchy, even for a mecha title's opening.

And like sketchley said, timeline-wise, there is no Gunbuster sequel, because Diebuster and Gunbuster end at nearly the exact same time.

Haha, no it's not that I don't like it, but the ending song is just about the only thing that I like the most about Diebuster... I don't dislike that show... but for it to be considered a sequel to Gunbuster... takes a lot of effort to be worthy than what you saw, no? ^_^

Legend of the Galactic heroes... 100% 1st and 2nd place

Reasons

- EPIC

- Smart plot

- Everything you learn feels relevant to the plot

- Not afraid of killing characters just because the fans liked em.

- Music

- Characters you love to love and characters you love to hate

...wait no... LOGH is ART not anime :lol:

Best anime... Macross or Cowboy bebop

Well other than the Macross Series (Don't throw tomatoes at me if I said I liked Macross 7 too) hehehehe, I liked Choudenji Machine Voltes V. It has a very big following here in the Philippines dubbed in English and Filipino more times than I could count. I even have the toy (well my dad gave it to me when I was 5 and is now a wreck haha). Other than that I like Gatchaman, not Battle of the Planets (we didn't have that here), not G-Force (I watched it but nothing compares to the original, I mean Ace Goodheart?) or any future incarcerations made by Saban :p

Other than that I like Gatchaman, not Battle of the Planets (we didn't have that here), not G-Force (I watched it but nothing compares to the original, I mean Ace Goodheart?) or any future incarcerations made by Saban :p

I remember years ago coming across someone who was talking up Battle of the Planets compared to G-Force, and her whole rationale was that the names in G-Force were lame...which is true, of course, but given the choice between a relatively faithful version starring "Ace Goodheart" and a shitty version featuring 7 Zark 7, I'll take the stupid names.

Thankfully, ADV provided us with the best option. Now if they'd only do Gatchaman II and Gatchaman F...

I'll do my pics via catagory:

Most heart: Tie: Gunbuster and Voices of a Distant Star

Best Use of Science: Ghost in the shell SAC 1&2

Best use of mecha combat: Gundam 8th MS team

Best Variable Mecha: Macross

Best Combineing mecha: Gurren Lagann

Best story: Tie: Macross and Gurren Lagann

Best use of Exploding clothing and bouncing hooters: Ikki Tousen

Best Studio: Studio Ghibli

Best kids anime: Anything by Studio Ghibli

Best Harem Comedy: Tie: Love Hina and Ranma 1/2

Best Comedy: Tie: Lucky Star and Meloncholy of Haruhi Suzamiya

Best use of Music: Tie: Cowboy Bebop, Marcross Plus, Macross Frontier

Drumroll Please

Best Overall Anime: Gurren Lagann. for it creative use of heart, comedy, mecha combat, mecha design, character design, and overall Awsomeness.

SPIN ON!

Edited by jwinges

*Half-baked story because I don't buy into the crap that a person, even for an alien half breed or sumting... can block out a bad memory that happened as recent as 7 years ago... especially if I saw the pair of titties of the girl I like for the first time. Yeah maybe my memory could be hazy abit, but it's still a hazy looking titty. And that I, as a third person viewer, was not allowed to look at that pair of titties, when the protagonist is looking at them, is a nail in that anime's coffin. Nuff said.

What is wrong with you????? The memory lapse thing in Macross Plus is a homage to the original SDF, where the Zentrans finally remembered where they came from; I'm sure you already know. But since you put it that way, I kind of agree that same concept that worked for SDF and DYRL, does not work well here. Damn you for defiling my favorite anime of all time.

Makurosu Purasu: Oppai, Oboete Imasu Ka? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Frankly I don't think I've seen enough anime to make a definite choice for what I think is the best anime of all time... It just depends on what you like really...

Alot of ppl I know say that evangelion is supposedly the greatest story of all time... It was a break through for anime which featured alot of religious overtones and philosophies about the origin of life and where it came from and where humanity is going but it isn't the best action series of all time for sure...

I'm a big U.C gundam nut so for mecha action and fight scenes I'd say gundam 08th MS is my personal favorite.

The next obvious choice is most of the macross series (excluding macross 7).

For apocalyptic action I'd say fist of the north star.

Comedy? well I haven't seen too many satire anime's... But I really liked GTO and found it pretty funny although it did have its weird moments.