Bandai 1/72 Scale Macross Frontier Model Kit Thread Ver.3

azrael

My request is for anyone who might have figured out Which Tamiya blue or combination of blue is the most suitable for Michael's VF-25G?

Check out my buildup in the "building/customizing macross models and toys" section. Shortcut though, it's a combo of bright blue mixed with violet, according to the instructions (check out post number 4). And it matches the coloured plastic, almost exactly.

Edited by mickyg

While I am asking about manuals how does the Armoured manual work?

The Armored kits are full kits, not expansion kits. The manual covers the entire step of building the base VF-25 model with the Armored packs.

All VF-25 are capable of having a second seat fitted.

But the models are molded with the second seat folded away. This description of the "YF-25" model sounds like it will come with the second seat in the upright position.

Did they ever announce VF-25G and RVF-25 bundled with super packs?

cool, got notice on my 25G, now the waiting game. Hopefully my RVF and my G will show up at the sametime.

Ugh, good job USD to JPY ratio, it's like paying full price with free shipping. :huh:

As I figured, it's a mold milker.

Yep, I´ll call it VF-25Y :lol:

Some pics of my display, i´m working on Armored Ozma with ProShop clear ver. inner body.

Plain VF-25S is glued on fighter mode and i´m very happy with the results, now it´s a sturdy plane:

post-10806-1248462758_thumb.jpg post-10806-1248462791_thumb.jpg

Edited by alfye

............ Man. I'm sorry, but those decals look like ass.

Here's the problem. When you wanna do itashas, you have to make it look classy with the characters. You have one large decal piece of a portrait of the featured character, and a consistent simple paint scheme that matches it.

The way its done here involves 5-7 different portraits of the same character, sloppily placed over the plane's existing paint scheme, regardless of whether or not the character's colors matches it. =/. They're everywhere all over the plane, and you're not even sure which decal to look at first.

Honestly, they just need to release some larger single decals optimized for fighter mode, and whoever's applying it should probably repaint the entire plane to match the decal's color scheme. Its a lot of work, sure... But it'd look far better than this.

Some info from NgeeKhiong about new Vf-25F Ranka ver. & VF-25G Kuran Ver

http://ngeekhiong.blogspot.com/2009/07/hmm...ong-others.html

bandai-gp090911L.jpg

bandai-gp090910L.jpg

So if I interpret correctly, these will be actual releases, not limited edition freebies that you have to scramble to get a copy of? Yay!

It was rather a pain to get copies of the recent Armored VF-25F/VF-25S sheets. I paid $20 per sheet and had to buy them from an ebay seller in Malaysia...

Being able to order these things as proper kits from a normal online shop like HLJ will be a relief.

Especially on Michel's G. I just like the artwork, I'll agree that the application is poo.

The really low res pic isn't helping things at all, looks like he just lost a paintball match. I just want a high res version of the illustration of klan in a bikini :D

So I displayed Osma's VF-25S in Battroid mode holding the knife at my office for the first time. Since most folks there are way older than I am, the closest thing they can guess as to what it is was a Transformer.

I said "Ahi ya! It is not a Transformer, it is a VF-25S from the Macross Frontier anime." Confused most walked away.

The younger guys, upon seeing it, asked "Hey, that's a veritech fighter from Robotech?"

The really low res pic isn't helping things at all, looks like he just lost a paintball match. I just want a high res version of the illustration of klan in a bikini :D

Even a High resolution picture would not help much, Definitely not something I'll be getting, even if Klan is in a Bikini!! B))

So I displayed Osma's VF-25S in Battroid mode holding the knife at my office for the first time. Since most folks there are way older than I am, the closest thing they can guess as to what it is was a Transformer.

I said "Ahi ya! It is not a Transformer, it is a VF-25S from the Macross Frontier anime." Confused most walked away.

The younger guys, upon seeing it, asked "Hey, that's a veritech fighter from Robotech?"

That is hilarious! I can picture the whole scenario. :lol:

Guest sh002

so far every valkyrie in the foreground and background of the boxart have been released as a model kit. i hope bandai makes a konig model kit. its in the background of the vf-25s armored boxart. the qrea which is not a valkyrie is in the background of the vf-25g boxart and it is being released later. connection or am i just thinking too much into it?

Connection, i think.

Also, in central pages of Armored Ozma instructions booklet, we can see an image of Pixie Sqad :rolleyes:

EDIT

Long time waiting for this moment:

dscf0061ild.jpg

dscf0058o.jpg

Edited by alfye