Bandai 1/72 Scale Macross Frontier Model Kit Thread Ver.3

azrael

Looks like the idea for the 27 design was to incorporate 'super' attachments into the base design. Outwardly, it resembles a 25 with Super attachments. Considering Brera's role in the series it made sense to do a VF-27 kit and I'll take it but I would have prefered a VF-171 EX.

I have Michael and Luca VF-25. Now i simply play with details and think how improve model. I think better parts stability in plane mode can be achieved by putting some small NdB magnets to legs and iron pars in upper fuselage. Same on nosecone. May be magnets in hands also. Found wm_cheng thread http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=28142 , but i think of less amount of magnets.

I have some screws from old dvd-rom, and found place on model where it needed B))

post-1040-1251833200_thumb.jpg

post-1040-1251833510_thumb.jpg

To prevent front part accidental detachment in transformation process to battleroid mode.

Edited by S-47 Berkut

the lucifer looks good only with gears up

that gears down+gunpod deployed picture makes it look like the atmospheric mode was no more than an afterthought for Kawamori San. In fact, the wing sections of the SR-71+forward fuselage of the Su-27+"Feet" of the SV-51 are quite weird looking now that we have the actual model pictures.

Edited by regult

I have Michael and Luca VF-25. Now i simply play with details and think how improve model. I think better parts stability in plane mode can be achieved by putting some small NdB magnets to legs and iron pars in upper fuselage. Same on nosecone. May be magnets in hands also. Found wm_cheng thread http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=28142 , but i think of less amount of magnets.

I have some screws from old dvd-rom, and found place on model where it needed B))

To prevent front part accidental detachment in transformation process to battleroid mode.

Hi berkut, wow that is some job you have done

but i never had any problems with jet mode for the normal valk,

its the super parts that make the legs sag at the slightest touch (on a display stand)

and they dont tab in like the armored version does

I am a bit intrigued: how do those canard wings fit in battroid mode and doesn't it make transformation a bit difficult? I see the battroid picture and they're kind of limiting leg poseability!

Edited by regult

Personally, I love it when the series have at least one design that is just far out ridiculous. The rifle splitting for the landing gears is a nice unique touch. I want to buy this, but I'm already stocked on model kits. Will have to wait.

I think he does wear a helmet. Look at that screen cap to the right where the canopy is open and Brera and Ranka are in space. I think it's visualized that he does not wear a helmet only in his virtual reality mode where he's in free space.

It says here that the kit will come with "effect parts".

What this "effect parts" is is anyone's guess. A flying Ranka perhaps. :)

Oh, another thing to note is that - it says "based on the movie version".

Edited by Vifam7

I think he does wear a helmet. Look at that screen cap to the right where the canopy is open and Brera and Ranka are in space. I think it's visualized that he does not wear a helmet only in his virtual reality mode where he's in free space.

Fair enough. They still look like generic SMS pilots though. Ranka's really been hitting those weights! :lol:

It says here that the kit will come with "effect parts".

What this "effect parts" is is anyone's guess. A flying Ranka perhaps. :)

Oh, another thing to note is that - it says "based on the movie version".

probably a clear insert for the open rifle to simulate it charging up

post-4286-1252093123_thumb.jpgpost-4286-1252093153_thumb.jpg

(this is NOT the new model, it's a custom battroid kit from last year made out of a VF-25F.)

Fair enough. They still look like generic SMS pilots though. Ranka's really been hitting those weights! :lol:

hard to tell but it looks like the head is different, they have a more round bubble helmet (instead of the visor on the SMS figures). but the back seat and front seat figures look identical.

That's the answer...Ranka is not shown wearing a space suit in the virtual reality environment either, but when the canopy opens, she flies out to "Aikun" wearing a space suit, so is Brera.

In another scene, forgot the episode, he gets shot, the virtual reality system is damaged, and he's seen wearing space suit and helmet.