Bandai 1/72 Scale Macross Frontier Model Kit Thread Ver.3

azrael

How can your airbrush go dead? Afaik there are no parts that could break in it. Just dismantle it, put everything in solvent, use an airbrush cleaning brush (look like pipe brushes) to get old hard paint out and maybe adjust the needle again. Should be good to go after that.

How can your airbrush go dead? Afaik there are no parts that could break in it. Just dismantle it, put everything in solvent, use an airbrush cleaning brush (look like pipe brushes) to get old hard paint out and maybe adjust the needle again. Should be good to go after that.

hehe... just my words for "interior horribly obstructed for never cleaned in years paint".... lol

That's a pretty tiny hinge for that massive wing section on that VF-27 - hasn't Bandai learnt anything?! Frugly landing gears again!!! Shape looks good, but can't credit Bandai for the design.

Is that some sort of custom build of the YF-25? Somehow I doubt they'll include the parts for the slotted intakes, and the unslotted hip piece (where the Messiah is) I love their rivets though.

And is that Nanase on the very left in the Sheryl outfit? Purple hair. o_o

Edited by Cent

Interesting... that's quite similar to what I planned for my Ozma, now I'm going to have to change the design! That looks totally, totally cool. I'm always a sucker for overpowered things, except they need to look feasible. This one looks like a lot of fun!

Oh man I just finished my Super VF-25G kit. Happy days are here!

That's 3 down now, Stock VF-25F (in fighter), stock VF-25s (battroid) and Super VF-25g (battroid).

Now I need to decide if I can maintain sanity long enough to whip up an Alto Armoured. Especially with the VF-27 on the horizon.. Then there is the RVF-25 as well...

Hi there! I'm new to the forums.

got sucked in right away after i decided to try a macross F kit (Michael's Custom) when there was a sale at my country.

God it was awesome, never made a kit so cool before. Tomorrow i'd be getting Luca's Custom from a dude.

I'm also waiting for the VF-27, and I agree with wm cheng. Those wings look too heavy for the hinge piece! I bet its going to break like those super parts incidents. Nevertheless, the design is truely awesome! B))

I also got a few qns regarding the kits:

1.Do you recommend me to trim down the water slide(excess transparent parts) before i wet it or will it be just OK if i use the mark setter? how much mark setter solution should i use?

2.When top coating bare plastic with decals, should i go with Mr Super Clear or TOPCOAT? I heard one of them eats plastic but i forgot which

3.Also what do you guys think of how Semi-Gloss coat looks like? Does it look good on a macross kit?

Thanks guys and Cheers!

Edited by close313

Just started watching Frontier the other day on VEOH. I thinks it's pretty good (much more enjoyable than Macross 7).

Love the Mecha but damn they're expensive compared to the original Imai variable kits. I just got a VF-25G and would really like to get a VF-25F with armor.

I think I need to get a couple of the Bandai display stands for them.

DEPLOYABLE CHAINSAW? omg. They gotta make that into an official kit XD Although I prefer the white-red unpainted scheme better than Klans.

No, they need to make that a DX!!! :D I'd by 1.. No 2... NO 10!!!

the klan custom and low viz ozma are awesome. what klan klan figure is shown in the magazine?

Ichiban Kuji premium A prize figure from banpresto.

erm.. this is my first time posting here sorry if im a nuisance, can anyone help me? does anyone of you have a spare head antenna the red colour part that is coming out at the middle of the head? I lost mine while building the kit and its too small to find it.

(continued from here )

IMG_0317.jpg

The YF-25 was displayed in all three modes. Note the 'Prophecy' decal. Didn't take photos of the entire kit since it's pretty much same as the rest. I focus on the head in the next two shots though

IMG_0315.jpg

IMG_0316.jpg

I like the asymmetry of the head. And the bulbous visor reminds me of Lazyner.

Next: MF Movie booth

I really dig the way the gunpods are mounted under the reaction bombs.

I know, pretty cool...I was actually mixing VF-1S, VF-0S, and SV-51 missles. But live firing ammo next to reaction bombs...crazy setup. I like the low viz paint job too.

VF-25y??? WTF

I thought It was a new valkyrie.

Don't you know? Proper spelling and the 'Net don't mix. :rolleyes: I'm sure somebody has already pointed out the typo to him.