Bandai 1/72 Scale Macross Frontier Model Kit Thread Ver.3

azrael

Can anyone calrify something for me? The VF's that come with super parts, Alto and Ozma, are their armor pieces casted in color respectively? I saw in my Macross F Archive that the stand alone super parts kit has decals for the shoulder armor pieces. I would prefer to not have to use decals nor paint. but rather have casted plastic. if this is the case I will need to request that sprue from HLJ.

Edited by Solscud007

Yes, they are casted in correct color respectively.

Stickers for missile covers in stand alone SP are a pain in the ass, really bad looking. Decals would work better over this parts, if its had been given by BANDAI :angry:

Edited by alfye

Can anyone calrify something for me? The VF's that come with super parts, Alto and Ozma, are their armor pieces casted in color respectively? I saw in my Macross F Archive that the stand alone super parts kit has decals for the shoulder armor pieces. I would prefer to not have to use decals nor paint. but rather have casted plastic. if this is the case I will need to request that sprue from HLJ.

Standalone Super parts have decals for the shoulder parts because each character has a different color, and it was cheaper for Bandai to give you decals than mold 4 different sets of shoulder armor.

Alto and Ozma Super bundles come with proper colors molded. Out of luck with Michael or Luca though.

Standalone Super parts have decals for the shoulder parts because each character has a different color, and it was cheaper for Bandai to give you decals than mold 4 different sets of shoulder armor.

Alto and Ozma Super bundles come with proper colors molded. Out of luck with Michael or Luca though.

Thanks. Yeah I understand bandai's reasoning to make one white set of armor. But since I have a vf25f I want the super armor. Cool time to order the sprue then. Can anyone check if the sprue numbers are the same for the alto super parts and the stand alone generic super parts sprue? Thanks.

alfye, Whoa where did you get the little Ozma and Lancia rally car?!!!!

has anyone here bought the clear version Proshop Alto VF-25? Im having a friend help me get one. is the interior skeletal frame chrome? it is hard to tell in the pictures.

Edited by Solscud007

Ozma & his car are handmade. 1/72 Preisler figurine & 1/72 Cararama car.

I´ve the Clear Version and yes, inner frame is semigloss chrome plastic. I´ve used it on Armored Ozma but my mobile phone pics don´t shows better quality.

HQ pics soon...

Edited by alfye

Ozma & his car are handmade. 1/72 Preisler figurine & 1/72 Cararama car.

I´ve the Clear Version and yes, inner frame is matte chrome plastic. I´ve used it on Armored Ozma but my mobile phone pics don´t shows better qality.

HQ pics soon...

Can you give me the information on the 1/72 figure you used and which Lancia did you use?

Thanks. Yeah I understand bandai's reasoning to make one white set of armor. But since I have a vf25f I want the super armor. Cool time to order the sprue then. Can anyone check if the sprue numbers are the same for the alto super parts and the stand alone generic super parts sprue? Thanks.

Yes, same sprue:

post-10806-1250863948_thumb.jpg

Good luck!

Hey guys, do the models have thigh swivel joints? Also, what are the problem/breakage prone areas? For example, when handling or light posing, which areas should I be careful with when posing or transforming? I'm definitely considering to buy at least 1 to check it out, I like the sculpt(I appreciate both the DX and models for their differences).

Man I should have bought one at Otakon. Ozma's Super Messiah looked great, especially with the Cathy stickers.

That's a neat scheme.. I like the simple colors on the VFm100's.. Although the one thing I dig the most is that silver Klan-Klan.. Anyone knows anything more of her? size,material?

Hey guys, do the models have thigh swivel joints? Also, what are the problem/breakage prone areas? For example, when handling or light posing, which areas should I be careful with when posing or transforming? I'm definitely considering to buy at least 1 to check it out, I like the sculpt(I appreciate both the DX and models for their differences).

Man I should have bought one at Otakon. Ozma's Super Messiah looked great, especially with the Cathy stickers.

Nope, only hip swivel articulation & thigh articulation to achieve gerwalk mode.

Its a plamo, we need to be careful with all joints, but stress marks are irremediable...

I dont see any weak point on plain valks, considering that is a plamo.

Problems cames posing valk on battroid mode with SuperPacks & ArmourPacks wing-boosters.

The croth peg is the most delicated part of all. This peg supports the weight of upper half body (with wingboosters) when in the ground, and suports the weight of the legs when in an ActionBase:

post-10806-1251039841_thumb.jpg

Peg fitted on SP battroid mode:

post-10806-1251039989_thumb.jpg

VF-25s Broken peg due to SP weight (now its glued on fighter mode):

post-10806-1251039873_thumb.jpg

Other weak point on SP are the wings hinges due to de wing boosters weight. Remove the wingboosters before handling.

Now with ArmourPacks, Bandai includes a lot of attachments pieces that solve this problems, but those are used with their respective Armored ...

Hey awesome, new kit. I'm not a big fan of the 27 design though, (at least the 25's were awesome in Armor) so I'll wait for their VF-117 release. Glad they're releasing more molds though, and sooner than the toys, no less!

Hello everybody

I'm new in the forum, thanks to this thread I decided to get al least one VF-25, also it has been very useful for getting info about the macross frontier model kits line. keep that way!!!

BTW, that KLAN's version in the silver suit looks great....me want one!!!

Regards

Nope, only hip swivel articulation & thigh articulation to achieve gerwalk mode.

Its a plamo, we need to be careful with all joints, but stress marks are irremediable...

Problems cames posing valk on battroid mode with SuperPacks & ArmourPacks wing-boosters.

The croth peg is the most delicated part of all. This peg supports the weight of upper half body (with wingboosters) when in the ground, and suports the weight of the legs when in an ActionBase

Hey man, thanks a lot for the reply! Very informative/useful.

Hmm..I wonder if it is easy to carve a replacement tab out of the ABS sprues that the model comes with.

If they take the same approach as with their VF-25 pilots, Grace's hopes & dreams will be pretty much reduced to flatness. But since the VF-27 has not much of a canopy, it won't really matter

We can always hope that Petar will have enough interest to do a Grace in pilot suit.

The croth peg is the most delicated part of all. This peg supports the weight of upper half body (with wingboosters) when in the ground, and suports the weight of the legs when in an ActionBase:

I've been thinking that when I finally do get a VF-25 kit - assuming I don't decide to fix it in one mode or something, it would be fun (or possibly very frustrating) to rig it with magnets and do away with any plastic-on-plastic locking mechanisms...

But in planning to fully paint such a kit, one has to wonder if retaining transformation simply isn't worth it. :)

Edited by tetsujin

I'm currently finishing up another scratchbuild project, but once that's done, full attention will be back on Macross! I've got a couple of these Bandai Valks, and while they are wonderful pieces of engineering, the pilots leave a lot to be desired. And some standing figures for scale won't hurt at all.

Edited by PetarB

Interesting.... just finished my VF-25F and have a 25G on its way from japan.

I like to build kits, but usually i'm too lazy and use paints just for some details, not the whole kit, but looking at your work here guys... i think i'll improve my VF-25 soon. It was sooo much time since I didn't use my airbrush that now it's dead, i'll need to use spray can paints.