New Macross 1/1 DYRL helmets

Jasonc

I definitely plan on doing one.

But just FYI I don't own a motorbike...just a moutain bike. ^_^

My only advise on these helmets is if you do take it out for a ride is be careful of the Black Visor housing, the entire helmet is really solid, but that portion of plastic. at least to me doesn't seem like it would take a fall very well.

Look forward to your review, you're really good at making those videos! B))

505thAirborne, are the two screws what is holding the black visor to the helmet? Also, how smooth is the surface of the unpainted helmet? Is okay to leave it as is and just paint the stripe and the visor?

While the painted ones looks nice, I don't really like the M911 decal and the red top of the Hikaru version.

does the black part come off or is thin weak part helmet maybe its ment to be that way so it will not grab something in a carsh.

The Plastic is fairly thick and doesn't feel weak or brittle just not as strong IMO as the rest of the plastic used.

@94, There are 2 screws holding the black visor under the White portion of plastic, plus the 2 visible screws on the side that hold the White body kit in place, a very smart design and keeps everything very solid. The white finish is very clean and smooth, just a few rough patches on mine but I'm in the process of priming & repainting.

You could leave the helmet as is for painting it Hikaru's, as for the M911 decal, if you ask them not to apply I'm sure they'd do that for you. B))

Edited by 505thAirborne

I am so confused about the price. I thought it was $ 289 according to the web link. Why is it $459 now? I want to order one but i cant figure out the price and I really dont like the prices chaning all the time.

Thanks

Btw i just found this site last week and its not good for my wallet.

Edited by geigerz

Masei Helmet Website offers a pre-order listing before releasing their Macross 911 Helmet .. The ETA is around November.

Still US$289.00 including shipping fee worldwide.

click here - http://www.masei-helmets.com/product/robotech-macross-masei-red-610-hikaru-ichijou-motorcycle-motocross-dot-helmets-1

Better get one soon!

Probably just cut and pasted from the blogsite. Try this link and welcome. Should still be that price till Nov 1. BTW, it only gets worse for your wallet :p

Edited by wmkjr

As I feared...that's the final version?

I already e-mailed them and told them I do NOT want that red crap, M-911 and UN Spacy kite.

They said:

you can use red paint to cover that M911 on your side... I can try to cover that M911 words for you, but need 1 more week for me to paint it over again..

I told them I don't mind waiting but I don't want ANY of the extra stuff.

aaggghhhh!!!! Still waiting for mine, when...when..when????

Actually, has anyone received one??

So far I think I'm the only one who got one yet, I think others would have posted by now.

Shipping only took about 7-8 days from HK to me.

Is there a sample photo of what the "yellow" (Roy) and "blue" (Max) types will look like yet?

NOPE...in my last e-mail I asked them for completed photos before I send the remainder of payment.

I also don't want the "extra" stuff. I just want one like it is in the DYRL movie. I just emailed them if that can be done. I also asked if the extra stuff got to be on the painted one, can I have an plain white helmet with just the red on black top visor. Hopefully I will hear back from them.

Edited by 94medition

I also don't want the "extra" stuff. I just want one like it is in the DYML movie. I just emailed them if that can be done. I also asked if the extra stuff got to be on the painted one, can I have an plain white helmet with just the red on black top visor. Hopefully I will hear back from them.

Please let us know what you hear?

Just got home and look what I found,

Wow it is a great looking helmet cant wait to paint it the way I want it but still looks perfect the way it is can't to ride with it !!!

post-18249-0-67349500-1412812748_thumb.jpg

post-18249-0-59524400-1412812956_thumb.jpg

post-18249-0-87869100-1412813135_thumb.jpg

post-18249-0-57215800-1412813170_thumb.jpg

Edited by moy