New Macross 1/1 DYRL helmets

Jasonc

If I get this suit done in time, and my band isn't playing that day, or even if, I may have to bring in the thing. Just hoping the end product comes out good. Still have my helmets stuck in customs.

Finally, after the long wait, all 3 helmets have arrived!!! Needless to say, these replicas are huge, and having all 3 now is a lot of space...Not so much the helmets, but the boxes they come in. I'm thoroughly happy with them, and after inspection, all of mine are minty white, no flaws. I think my favorite is the Max Jenius helmet. I think these helmets however, are more 1/ 4/5 scale, or slightly larger than 1/1 scale. The size of them, even for a normal person, is quite big, and the width of them is quite large as well. Nevertheless, I love these things, and to have all 3 is wonderful. Awesome work, Yamato. Now, to work on the chest support system for the pilot.

omg this thing is huge!!!! I have to hold it up to keep it stable, head size it about a medium hat, but even if you had an XL i'm sure it would fit. I was worried it would be a lot smaller. There's padding inside, but it's definitely not made to be worn for long periods of time.

Thats so freaking awesome!!!!

But "a little" expensive. :ph34r:

Wow, good job with the photoshop. The smaller DYRL helmet does make it look less "cartoony" and more "real world." How dare Yamato make something so big for $2,300 !!! ... Oh wait, wrong thread.

Using dafunguy's picture, I played with it in Photoshop ^_^

This is what the size should be for a normal, not anime head:

helmets.jpg

• 1 month later...

Congrats man, that's good to hear. Aside from my small toy purchases here and there, I'm now saving up a little dough for the Macross Fever Pachinko game. That's my next big purchase. Hopefully I'll have it before MWcon2010. If that happens, I'll leave bringing helmets to the one who has the display to show them off (hint hint), and I'll bring the Pachinko game. I should also have a custom to show for this year, pending no other major issues.

Right now, my helmets are in the giant boxes they came in, and in a large closet. I thought I wouldn't have any space, but it turns out I made just enough.

• 2 weeks later...
If only they made TV Roy helmet...

looking at your avatar Phalanix, a Macross Zero 1:1 Helmet would be badass

I'd love to have a 1:1 helmet Isamu wore in Macross Plus - now that's a pretty kick ass helmet!

Looking at the size of these DYRL helmets, are they really 1:1? They're so huge - they remind me of TIE Fighter pilot helmets from Star Wars. LOL

Here's some pictures of my Hikaru helmet. It is definitely not 1:1. I am 6'3" and it still looks way too big. I guess I will need Hiki's big hair :lol: This is one of my dream toys. It does look great, just too big. Oh, it will also be better if I did not buy it when the U.S. to Yen exchange rate was the lowest in a decade. :wacko:

MPHMe01.jpg

MPHMe02.jpg

MPHMe03.jpg

MPHme04.jpg

Shots of helmet at different angles with a 1/144 and 1/60 VF-1S Hiki Strike:

Front side

helmetfront.jpg

Left

helmetleft.jpg

Side

helmetside.jpg

Rear

helmetback.jpg

Right

helmetright.jpg

Edited by 94medition

Thanks! I guess Yamata made the helmet scale "anime accurate". Since the characters in anime usually have a much bigger head in terms of proportion, the helmet becomes very big for real people. :)

Personally, I would prefer the helmet in a more real life/people scale. Though they do make the real motorcycle helmet, it is just not as cool. :)

macrossbikehelmet.jpg

I was just joking of course I wouldn't put that on the track...lol.. but it would look cool none the less..If I could find a large enough decal of a VF1S or an anime girl I'd slap that on darkness and let the good times roll...and in the words of Schizo:

Thou has incited the wrath of Schizo's Quote-changing.

"Hkaru, you've got to come back with me!"

"Where?"

"Back to the Macross!"

"Roy, come on, what are you doing?"

"I need fuel!"

"Aw, come on, Roc, I just got back. I was gonna take Misa out for a spin up to the lake in the new plane."

"Take her; this concerns her, too."

"What happens to us in the future, Roy? What, do we become apefaces or something?"

"Uh, no, you and Misa turn out fine. It's your kids, Hikaru! Something's got to be done about your kids!"

"Roy, you gotta back up! There's not enough flight deck to get up to 88!"

"Flight deck? Where we're going, we don't need... Flight decks."

*Converts to GERWALK*

But seriously If I do receive the helmet.. I would display it in a glass cabinet probably a 2 detolf size one and set it up like the ending credits of the Macross series..Helmet with an album of pictures of the characters and My large minmay next to it. That would be so cool 178.gif

Back to the future rip off <_<

Marty you have to come back with me. Where? To the future its your kids marty somethings got to be done about your kids? what is it do we become jerks? No your daughter marries a black guy? I dont see anything wrong with that? you dont well uh uh uh. I dont feel confertable around you. You know peanut butter was made by a black guy. You lost me doc

Just got my Roy helmet... this thing is beautiful! lol

Online pictures just don't do it justice, the white part (which looked yellow-tinted in some online photos), is actually pearl white.

Is that the same for the Max and Hikaru helmets (for those of you that have it).

Nice pics, lol I saw the buildings around you and though that looks an awful lot like Texas, then noticed the stickers on your car. Love seeing Texas fans on this site, sadly though I left Texas a while ago cause of the military. I want those helmets!!!

Congrats man, that's good to hear. Aside from my small toy purchases here and there, I'm now saving up a little dough for the Macross Fever Pachinko game. That's my next big purchase. Hopefully I'll have it before MWcon2010. If that happens, I'll leave bringing helmets to the one who has the display to show them off (hint hint), and I'll bring the Pachinko game. I should also have a custom to show for this year, pending no other major issues.

Right now, my helmets are in the giant boxes they came in, and in a large closet. I thought I wouldn't have any space, but it turns out I made just enough.

Are there different version of Macross Pachinkos?