New Macross 1/1 DYRL helmets

Jasonc

Thank you,

First time I ever saw a picture with someone wearing one. Does look huge and on your head and it looks in scale to the line art. Remember underneath that helmet your suppose be able to keep all your teased and moused hair without getting a major case of hat head.

omg this thing is huge!!!! I have to hold it up to keep it stable, head size it about a medium hat, but even if you had an XL i'm sure it would fit. I was worried it would be a lot smaller. There's padding inside, but it's definitely not made to be worn for long periods of time.

Thankyou! looks great mate!

My Fokker is sitting at the post office right now, I will be picking it up at 6:30 AM tomorrow :) :) :)

I ordered mine form Angolz, like 6 or 7 months ago. Im so glad they are big, me head is large, anyway they are huge in the movie in my opinion.

-Gordak

Yeah, OD is taking a little too long in responding to my emails too. They are usually pretty quick at responding. I hate having to wait like this with no answer at all. At very worst, my payment is paypal backed.

K guys, just got an update for those of you who ordered from Overdrive. Apparently, they had a little trouble with the shipment from the factory, but have the items in now. Supposedly, I will get shipping cost tomorrow, and should have the items hopefully by monday or tuesday. Hope you guys got your notices as well.

Anyone else get any updates or invoices for Over-Drive deliveries?

K guys, just got an update for those of you who ordered from Overdrive. Apparently, they had a little trouble with the shipment from the factory, but have the items in now. Supposedly, I will get shipping cost tomorrow, and should have the items hopefully by monday or tuesday. Hope you guys got your notices as well.

Ok, to repeat what has been said, They are HUGE, buy your Max, Hikaru, and Fokker wigs now, your going to literally need them! They come with special gloves for handeling them as you can probablly guess ,they have really highly polished paint job, Fantastic work if you are familair with HG paint jobs. It is something to be proud off. I hope they make a TV helmet too becasue I want em!!!!

-Gordak

In regards to you guys not getting word on your helmets, a recent newsletter via email said that if you didn't get a notification, to send them notification. I was a little worried myself, but they have them, and that should be a great sign.

As cool as the helmet is, for me, fortunately it doesn't make my heart skip a beat and give me that "oh I gotta have it feeling" as some of the other stuff about to be released has given me. With the large scale SDF-1's price possibly being in the stratosphere and other upcoming Valks I want, the helmet is more or less "meh". If the price was maybe $250 I'd consider it, but I will probably pass on this one.

someone should make a fighter pilot suit like the one rick wore and roy wore and so on and so forth so those helmets can match and then take a pic of said person waring the costume + the helm and post it here

someone should make a fighter pilot suit like the one rick wore and roy wore and so on and so forth so those helmets can match and then take a pic of said person waring the costume + the helm and post it here

In the works already. Hopefully will be done by march. I just put in inquiries regarding yellow led in the shape of the shoulder pads, and possibly setting up the chest piece as ipod doc and other things. We shall see...

In the works already. Hopefully will be done by march. I just put in inquiries regarding yellow led in the shape of the shoulder pads, and possibly setting up the chest piece as ipod doc and other things. We shall see...

when u say in the works do u mean for sale in online store soon?

when u say in the works do u mean for sale in online store soon?

No, I'm designing it w/ the help of a mechanical engineer. I'm more of a semi electrical engineer, so we're gonna work on it for a personal project.

Nice Roy helmet. I have all 3 arriving on Friday, so I have my office all cleaned up to put them in.

Edited by Jasonc

No, I'm designing it w/ the help of a mechanical engineer. I'm more of a semi electrical engineer, so we're gonna work on it for a personal project.

Nice Roy helmet. I have all 3 arriving on Friday, so I have my office all cleaned up to put them in.

would u consider mass making these in different size anime exact dont add a i pod dock if u do at least make it unnoticeable like hide it in the life support pack in the suit.

I got mine from Over-drive yesterday. Now I can wear it, jump into my VF-1s and shoot down some alien scum.

EDIT: OK, here are some pics:

helmet009.jpg

helmet007.jpg

First, I'm amazed it got here to Cali in only 3 days from Japan! Next, I'm really impressed with this thing ... it's very nicely done. Everything from the paint, to the tint on the face sheild, to the padding inside the helmet are great.

But in the vain of Macrossworld, I have to complain about something ... there is NO way this is 1/1 scale! It's way tooooo big, yamato got the scale all wrong, you have to be 7 feet tall and 300 lbs to look in-scale with this thing. Other than that, it's awesome.

Edited by dafunguy

would u consider mass making these in different size anime exact dont add a i pod dock if u do at least make it unnoticeable like hide it in the life support pack in the suit.

I wasn't considering mass producing them at all, but maybe it'll work for a small number of people. As for the Ipod thing, it's just an idea thrown out there, and it would be hidden inside the life support system. The red light indicator will also light up as well. Anyways, it's not just gonna be the chest piece, but the arms pieces, belt (if there is one) and the leg pieces. I think I have enough lineart to start making it once I get the material to make it. BTW, my helmets are freaking stuck in customs cause they all got sent at the same time.