New Macross 1/1 DYRL helmets

Jasonc

Is it possible to actually wear these things? If so is there any description of the actual size head it would fit?

I keep hearing different things about them...

Thanks.

Wish I could answer that question with 100% assurance. What I do know is that the original helmets could be worn. Perhaps having these helmets will give me the ambition to make the flight suit to go with them. I was also looking at the other thread with the t.v. style helmet that was custom made. Not too bad over there.

As far as Overdrive is concerned, they requested payment for the other two helmets by the 1st I believe. Don't know if they still are able to get anymore. Seeing them on the other site link posted on the previous page for over $600 is hard to swallow for anyone wanting these.

The other Jason, kidkorrupt, said that while his head fits in the helmet, there were screws that needed to be padded and kept sticking to his head. I doubt my big'o noggin will fit in one of these...

• 1 month later...

JasonC orderd them from Overdrive a while back but he knew he wasn't getting them in time for con, because I asked him to bring and he said he couldn't. My guess is these are made to order so everyone will get theirs around the same time.

• 2 weeks later...
I'm selling most of the stuff I can live without, and plan on going strictly 1/60 for Yamato...

that's exactly what i intend to do. i'd sure love to get that Minmay doll, though...

that's exactly what i intend to do. i'd sure love to get that Minmay doll, though...

same here. I also would like a Minmei doll. That one they showed in pics of MWCON09 sure is cool.

I have an order in for the Hikaru helmet. Let's see if I can get that fulfilled. And the 1/60 Hikaru Fan Jet as well B))

• 1 month later...

He's not allowed to sell it though? Pretty sure i read about it, terms and conditions for him to actually get such a wonderful piece of rare Minmay goodness. :D

Don't ever sell it dude lol.

Wonder if there were many standard editons made/available.

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

I was doing some Googling and stumbled upon this Mecha9 blog/site.

There is a page fror the 1/1 helmet with some interesting info on it, but I don't know how accurate it is.

Update (9/19/2009) : Over Drive Inc informed via email blast that Yamato is expecting this to be available by Late October.

Update: Oops, just found out from Hobby Link Japan that this can’t be worn and is actually just a display item.

And another page with more pics of the motorcycle helmet.

I was doing some Googling and stumbled upon this Mecha9 blog/site.

There is a page fror the 1/1 helmet with some interesting info on it, but I don't know how accurate it is.

And another page with more pics of the motorcycle helmet.

that sucks. Can't be worn, wtf come on!

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

• 4 weeks later...
And I want to see pictures of people wearing them with their hat size too.

omg this thing is huge!!!! I have to hold it up to keep it stable, head size it about a medium hat, but even if you had an XL i'm sure it would fit. I was worried it would be a lot smaller. There's padding inside, but it's definitely not made to be worn for long periods of time.

post-8487-1257012351_thumb.jpg

post-8487-1257012358_thumb.jpg

Edited by evilriva

Wow, look at the size of that thing!!!

That's what she s... (oh, never mind).

omg this thing is huge!!!! I have to hold it up to keep it stable, head size it about a medium hat, but even if you had an XL i'm sure it would fit. I was worried it would be a lot smaller. There's padding inside, but it's definitely not made to be worn for long periods of time.