New Macross 1/1 DYRL helmets

Jasonc

I was offered replacement parts and a new helmet as well with a small fee, but I do need assurances that the next batch won't come with damages. Mine came with scratches on the top of the white of the helmet, Small fragments of the visor broken in the rear that meet the top of the helmet, something that looks like overspray on the red of the visor, and little nicks and dings everywhere. Oh, and the rear hose connector piece on the right is busted off. Question for those that may have worked on them... Is the white of the helmet painted, or is it naturally white? I ask, cause if that is the case, I wonder if I can buff it out?

Guest davidwhangchoi

Not sure since their skype account is the same handle. Still in poor taste though...

they both are, i just didn't want to call them out bc i had no interest in these.

We could all tell he was somehow involved directly with Masei.

But that post was really in poor taste.

I am very worried about mine, I ordered two helmets and they have to go a long way trought several custom ports.

They could have at least throwned some newspapers to help if they were in a hurry. Nobody here was pressuring them to ship it inmediately. We just wanted to know when they were gonna to go.

i was worng he is with masei , i have had lots of masei helmets in the past they never send one all messed up like the ones im seeing posted not even my black macross helmet that sucks i was going to order more , but i think i will wait till they start shipping better.

It's not a flame war. It's just there's a right way to conduct yourself here and a wrong one. Masei is perfectly welcome to promote their products here as long as they do it truthfully. Right now there are a lot of guys getting damaged helmets and it leaves a bad taste in mouths when we see posts like that. They should not try to come across as a happy customer from an account that is obviously their own. That said we can move one now.

Right now I'm in the wait and see dept. I had some interest in getting one of these helmets but not if it's gonna be shipped like that.

Making posts that praises as a "customer " just seems to be something people do outside of primarily English speaking cultures. It is very annoying and I too wish people would just post as representative of Sellers instead of as a "customer." Seems like some sort of cultural thing.

I think mine is going to come on Monday. It was back on the road on the 1st so has to come on Monday. Looking at the pictures posted here I'm frankly worried. I'm not going to get worked up over a little spot of missing paint but cracks and broken bits. I will be filming the opening of the box to document any damage.

...that is not doxing. The only thing posted was information "colonknight" gave out willing for marketing purposes in a different forum. No personal information was shared. People ordered an expensive product. People received damaged product. People are upset. People are sharing their disappointment.

I am glad people are posting their experiences. I have been watching this post because I have been interested in ordering one. I am glad I waited. Hopefully they can figure out shipping.

Yeah, that was public information they put up on their website (a website representing them). Even says so in the directory...

Edited by xrentonx

Guest davidwhangchoi

Man Masei Helmets have to stop creating fake girlie accounts on facebook and spamming the Macross World Page. They keep creating threads here also. I'm about to flag them and any accounts like colonyknight as spammers.

this

(i think there's two more on here.)

if masei rights the wrongs then post it lets wait and see if they follow thur , at least they give us something that would have never seen the light of day with other big companys.

I received my package in the mail on Saturday with mixed emotions. On one hand I was happy that I received an early birthday present after the orders were delayed till after Christmas. On the other, I was dissapointed in the rushed packaging for shipping and laxed quality control to get these items to the eagerly waiting customers.

DSC09613.jpg
Box with dual helmets arrived with no styrofoam or popcorn for protection of contents.

DSC09618.jpg
My cat inspecting the damage to the lower end of the package

DSC09629.jpg
The contents of the package: One XL Max and one XL Hikaru Masei helmet. I am happy I followed the advice to order one size larger as both my helmets fit perfectly and the interior leather liner is very good quality and comfortable.

DSC09631.jpg
The procedure of removing the screws to take the protective film off the helmet visors. There is anti-scratch film to both the front and the back of the visors, and they are all clear underneith. So don't think you got a bonus "tinted visor" with your helmet, you just haven't removed all the film yet.

DSC09648.jpg
What the helmets look like once the anti-scratch film is removed.

Now for the gripes...

DSC09670.jpg
Close-up of the red Hikaru helmet shows the arrow decals are slightly mis-aligned and a few shades of red lighter than the helmet's visor/shield

DSC09672.jpg
Top view shows the black tampo printing/decal running down the center of the visor shield was not applied straight. Being somewhat of a perfectionist and a hobbyist I'll be trying to fix this with some tape and paint.

DSC09691.jpg
This was not a problem on all helmets, as the line running down the center of the visor shield on my Max helmet is perfectly straight. But...

DSC09696.jpg
...The decal running down the front mouth-guard of the helmet on this one isn't applied straight... (This decal is straight on the Hikaru helmet in turn...) I'll also be trying to fix this.

DSC09700.jpg
My biggest gripe, along with the other MW members who have received their's, is the damage the helmets suffered during shipping because of the lack of protective packaging like styrofoam or adequate bubblewrap.

DSC09705.jpg
Close-up of the shipping damage to the visor shield.

DSC09717.jpg
All in all, once these issues are sorted out, these will be awesome helmets and a great addition to any collection.

And for those of you who haven't noticed: Masei have been keeping an eye on this thread and the pics the members have been posting of their products... ;)

Check www.hellohelmet.com

Seriously? People have doubts that colonknight isn't Masei? The guy started multiple threads here, in the fan art section, in the for sale section and the collectibles section just to sell the helmet. He even sent me a PM. He had to be warned to stop spamming. Plus so far it seems like 100% of the deliveries have been damaged except for his. You guys went after lunar toys over boxes, someone who was straight up about who he was and delivered on time. But you guys are OK when the actual product is damaged? And this is a product that is suppose to protect people's heads. Isn't any one worried about unseen damage. Even if you yourself aren't planning on wearing it, think about your fellow forum friends.

I hope Masei comes through and fixes all of the issues that have been reported. Seems like if the helmets were shipped they have some amount of damage.

If Masei does not cooperate and you paid via Paypal, you are covered for up to 180 days from the purchase date for any damages incurred during shipping. Assuming you purchased as "merchandise" and did not send the payment as a "gift", which I would hope no one did.

Even with the issues reported, these are still great display pieces....I think it would look even better as a display piece if a blue tint was added to the visor, some "simulated" HUD graphics to the visor applied, and perhaps a blue LED inside the helmet.....

tumblr_ndux1fi5FC1s5oxc0o1_500.gif

I bet you were planning to lay naked on that cheetah rug wearing only that helmet.

From my understanding after one big motorcycle crash or fall on any helmet you pretty much have to replace it. Who knows how much impact equal to how many motorcycle crashes these helmets suffered in delivery. Zero padding in the box is beyond even a rookie mistake.

My helmet is currently out for delivery. I'm more terrified now than excited.

Take your bets on the condition:

• Perfect like ColonKnight's helmet.
  • Factory QC Cosmetic Problems.
  • Several small scratches, chips and cracks during shipping.
  • A box full of broken giant plastic egg shells.

I got mine!

If you've guessed Factory Quality Control Cosmetic Problems Only you guessed (mostly) right.

Holy crap did I luck out! The shipping box only had one broken corner. Most if not all of defects are cosmetic only. I'm talking about missing paint at spots. I'm not going to nitpick every bad spot or decal imperfection. Those issues are minor compared to what has been reported here. The arrow decals are aligned correctly. One of the back air nodes is loose. You can turn it around. It might break off in the future. Its looseness could have been caused by shipping or simply not attached correctly during construction.

I'm glad I only paid the pre-order price. At the full price is not worth the cosmetic issues. At the full price I would consider every paint or decal error a serious issue.

There is one big issue & I might share some of the blame:

I requested a Roy Yellow Version - I got a Hikaru Red.

In Masei's defense I only said I wanted a Yellow one only once in a series of emails that covered a variety of things. I didn't press the issue of color that I wanted as much I as I pressed the issue that I didn't want the extra decals. I should made sure my last email ask him to confirmed he knows I wanted a Yellow one. I'm not going to pay extra shipping to get the correct color.

Even though I am one of the few lucky ones with a helmet better condition than others. I will still be monitoring the situation. Keep us informed everyone on the follow up service you get from Masei.

I'm going to wait and see how the resolution of this goes, before making any final judgement calls. As long as I get the replacement parts of the fixed one that are in good condition, and do not have issues like misaligned arrows on the sides, or major paint flaws, I'll be happy. I was planning on doing a photo shoot for someone with this helmet, so now I have to postpone it til I get the fixes. If all turns out well, they can still have good reviews if they fix the issues.

I ordered an X-Large even though my head indicated I needed a Large. It is a snug fit. Your ears bend to pull it on but bounce back to shape inside. You can forget putting in on with glasses like Max does. The chin piece is too narrow for glasses. You would have to take the helmet apart and re-screw together to wear glasses underneath.

Seriously? People have doubts that colonknight isn't Masei? The guy started multiple threads here, in the fan art section, in the for sale section and the collectibles section just to sell the helmet. He even sent me a PM. He had to be warned to stop spamming. Plus so far it seems like 100% of the deliveries have been damaged except for his. You guys went after lunar toys over boxes, someone who was straight up about who he was and delivered on time. But you guys are OK when the actual product is damaged? And this is a product that is suppose to protect people's heads. Isn't any one worried about unseen dameage. Even if you yourself aren't planning on wearing it, think about your fellow forum friends.

I forgot to update in the other thread (I'll do it later) but Lunar came up with a really good solution on my replacement. Masei will be fine as long as they are able to resolve these problems and stop posting the way they've been doing.

Are some of you guys aware that they are using pictures that you posted here of you wearing your helmet on their Facebook page as an advertisement?

You may not have given permission for that. If it was my image I wouldn't mind that much if it was a product that I support 100%. Until I started hearing reports of people getting their helmets fixed I wouldn't want my picture being used to advertise the helmet.

Don't get me wrong I really love my helmet even with the QC issues. I simply lucked out with it surviving shipping. I have in a glass case right next to me. It is fun wearing it in front of a mirror. I just can't give my full stamp of approval on the helmet until other people's helmets are fixed.