New Macross 1/1 DYRL helmets

Jasonc

yeah thanks, if you like to talk to macrossworld about a being a sponsor at next years macrossworld co n you can talk to exo on the forums you can sell alot more helmets ! , thanks agin the helmet is perfect great job you are the man !!!

I heard back from Masei. He said the pictures posted had a red top was because he was in a hurry and used a red helmet shell to make the first product samples with decals. He also said he can use different decals without the M911. I made the remaining payment and requested a white helmet with just the red on black top visor with no M911 or other extra decal. I also sent an email with a picture of my Yamato Macross helmet and said that is the way I want it. Hopefully they can really fulfill that. The ETA is around the end of November.

All helmet shells will be white.. not red.. The workers picked the wrong shell to make the first hand samples for picture shooting and promotion. This Macorss & Robotech 911 Helmet by Masei is great looking!

masei_911_macross_helmet.jpg

Do you have any pics of a production sample helmet, perhaps a customer's recent order, that was built to to look like those that appeared in the film? Perhaps a red Hikaru, yellow Roy, blue Max, or green Kakizaki?

I think posting pics of such a helmet would help your sales. I personally have not purchased one because I have yet to see one that is made to "look" as close to a movie version (without the non-movie extras like the "911" logo , extra "un spacy kites" and thick black border lines on the side "semi-arrows").

All helmet shells will be white.. not red.. The workers picked the wrong shell to make the first hand samples for picture shooting and promotion. This Macorss & Robotech 911 Helmet by Masei is great looking!

masei_911_macross_helmet.jpg

I don't want the 911 text or UN SPACY kite logo on mine. A few others have also addressed this concern.

If you could pass this too the higher ups at Masei that would be great.

I don't want the 911 text or UN SPACY kite logo on mine. A few others have also addressed this concern.

If you could pass this too the higher ups at Masei that would be great.

Yeah, I'd really wish someone with close contact to Masei could clarify this, last time I e-mailed Luusama and asked if the helmets would be an exact DYRL replica, he told me all the helmets would come with the M911 logo and small changes; I would have to paint it over later.

Now there's info that you can get them just like DYRL. I don't get it.

The helmets are coming out great but I want them right.

Edited by Valkyrie addict

Yeah, I'd really wish someone with close contact to Masei could clarify this, last time I e-mailed Luusama and asked if the helmets would be an exact DYRL replica, he told me all the helmets would come with the M911 logo and small changes; I would have to paint it over later.

Now there's info that you can get them just like DYRL. I don't get it.

The helmets are coming out great but I want them right.

I asked about this. Here's part of the answer I got in an email.

You do not want all extra decals.. I can understand.. some others also ask for this.

I will make 100 units without other extra logos then...

or you can use red and white paint to cover them on your side easily.

My reply back was yes I do want one of those units without the extra logos. I don't have any area where I live to repaint anything. Think of it this way. You can still get the helmets at the preorder price. Afterwards you're paying what twice as much? If they don't make them accurate enough you can always resale them and you're very likely to break even.

yeah if you want it exactly like yamato you will have to paint it, you can ask to have the decals no the sheet and select what you want to apply on the helmet the only thing that is off is the 911 m logo its 99% there.

• 3 weeks later...

Had some free time this week as well nice weather (Snow by Saturday) & getting mine one step closer to how I want it to look. Making a stencil for the red arrow on the sides & yellow lightning bolts on top. Then tinting the clear visor Green. B))

Just a side note, Tamiya masking tape... except no substitutions!

post-6180-0-62532000-1415574754_thumb.jpg

post-6180-0-64185600-1415574773_thumb.jpg

post-6180-0-56128800-1415574784_thumb.jpg

post-6180-0-65175900-1415574791_thumb.jpg

i want to paint mine but i dont have the skills, going to take it to a paint shop to see how much they will charge hope its not to much. has anyone else received your helmets post your pics !

I asked to see final production photos...I was told they'll be shipping at the end of November.

I asked to see final production photos...I was told they'll be shipping at the end of November.

I've yet to see one without the extra noise on it....just want to see Masei post one painted to match the scheme for Hikaru, Roy, Max or Kakizaki.....can't believe no one ordered one like that?

I ordered a og non-flair Hikaru. I think alot of us did too but since I assume the poor guy is overwhelmed and perhaps having manufacturing issues.

Most of us are just waiting. These kind of things happen with pet projects...

I've been thinking...

It might be prudent for us at Macross world to elect a representative that is fluent in Cantonese to contact him so maybe he doesn't have to sift through so much email?

A recent message I received after making payment is that Luusama is currently on a trip to Japan.

He says the helmets are lining up for production at the factory and that the pre-ordered helmets will be done and shipped before December.

The only samples he had on hand were the few hand made pre-production samples he's shown photos of and have been selling off on eBay.

Patience is a virtue ;)

Edited by Falcon 1

• 2 weeks later...