New Macross 1/1 DYRL helmets

Jasonc

991_0091.jpg

991_0092.jpg

991_004.jpg

For more details, go to www.hellohelmet.com

Molding Tools Finally Completed & Injected and Assembled!! But need to design paints and graphics for this month.

And also we try to use Ruby Helmet-like Liner and Pads for you.

Before Oct 2014, the pre-ordering price is US$289.00 including shipping fee worldwide.

After releasing, it must be US$389-459.. retailing price.

Please contact Masei Helmets to sales@maseihelmets.com

Masei Helmet & Luusama making the graphics design and developing graphics film next month for this Macross & Robotech Helmet

They can take pre-orders now and their email is sales@maseihelmets.com and they are putting it in their website (www.masei-helmets.com) and look for 911 Motocross DOT Helmets. Then you can find it and pre-order it..

IMG_4879.JPGdyrl_006.jpgIMG_4907.JPGIMG_4900.JPGIMG_4893.JPGIMG_4891.JPGIMG_4887.JPG

I'd sooo love an original style Valkyrie pilot helmet for my bike! Here's a (very) rough photoshop attempt at what it would look like! Yep that's me at my last track day a few months back.. no I didn't purchase the photo hence the watermarks..

but anyways how cool would it look eh!?

macrossvalkyriemotorcyclehelmet.jpg

Edited by spanner76

I'm guessing these are gonna mainly be used as non riding (display pieces) by the majority here? I would love to get one for riding but no vents and no flip up shield would make it hard to ride for me as I know it would fog up like crazy and be miserably hot where I live. It was mentioned that you could drill vent holes but would that compromise the safety of the outer shell?

Thanks for keeping this thread updated.

I just pre-ordered one red and one blue helmet to go with my Yamato Roy Fokker helmet - Can't wait! :D

Now just to find a reasonably priced 2013 Pearl Stardust White Kawasaki Ninja 300 around somewhere... :p

991_008.jpg

Edited by Falcon 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys, I wasn't all that impressed with the colored versions so I asked if they had any unpainted models left and of course they did. This was only shipped out last Monday, so pretty damn fast shipping. I got the XL size and fits me perfectly. (if you wear a 7-1/2 or 60cm helmet liner you're in good shape. B))

As for comparisons, I don't have the Yamato version... unfortunately. The clear Visor is a snap-on type, the main body feels very sturdy and the actual interior is a Motorcycle helmet (like a tank). My only concern is the Black Visor housing, not sure how truly sturdy it really is, a small piece chipped off during shipping (Which I already glued back on). Then again it would have helped if Bubble wrap was used. Anyone who hasn't had there's shipped out yet, please insist that Masei use bubble wrap instead of a clothe cover & a flimsy box. Not trying to undersell this Helmet, overall its really cool and once I repaint it & weather it I'll be happy as hell. But as far as packing goes, please make sure you request better padding!

505thAirborne, according to the Masei size chart 60cm (59-60cm) should be a L instead of XL (61-62cm). Did you purposely up the size? Does it fit better for you than one that is truely 60cm?

I am a bit concern about the color and graphics too. Looking at the pictures, the lines are not very crisp and the stripe (arrow) is way too big. I am hoping this is prototype, and the final paint job/graphics will be better. I also thought about getting a plain one then plasti-dip it. This way I can change it to whether I want from one color to another.

I did receive a email that it would be shipped a few days later after I made my final payment, but no tracking number. As for sizing I meant to type 61cm in my original post, but even if you wear a 60cm theres a top notch chinstrap on this helmet and that will nice & snug. The person I've kept in touch with said the Large & XL helmets share the same body frame & main Helmet, just the padding is slightly different.

The way they showed the colored helmets it was a turn off for me, plus I'll be doing a custom paint scheme for mine so the unpainted version was the way to go!