New Macross 1/1 DYRL helmets

Jasonc

Here you go. You can click on the link provided to take you to current page:

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.699227900126712.1073742003.124517254264449&type=3

What ever happened to this statement?

http://www.hellohelmet.com/2013/04/masei-911-air-jet-motorcycle-open-face.html

I wonder why the steep increase? Too bad it's close to $500 now. My budget won't allow me to get one. :(

Edited by wmkjr

I was told $289 shipped....I already paid the $150 down payment a few months ago.

Heck...their most expensive helmets are $239...so I don't see why the major price increase.

http://maseihelmets.jp/zcart_e/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=74_127&products_id=243

I wonder if they had to pay a licensing fee? But it shouldn't cause the price to change that much no? Maybe it's a typo cause in the other link he stated that for the wholesale online agency (701-1000 units) he set it to $289.

Edited by wmkjr

I was told $289 shipped....I already paid the $150 down payment a few months ago.

Heck...their most expensive helmets are $239...so I don't see why the major price increase.

http://maseihelmets.jp/zcart_e/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=74_127&products_id=243

This is what I was told as well a day before I sent my $150.00 deposit. Better not be $500.00 now.

The first 700 preordered will pay $189...only for the Chinese market

The next 300 preorders will pay $289...limited to online orders until recently.

Anything extra to have the $425 price tag,

The first 700 preordered will pay $189...only for the Chinese market

The next 300 preorders will pay $289...limited to online orders until recently.

Anything extra to have the $425 price tag,

Lol, that Chinese price was before the re-tooling.

They raised the end price 4 months ago, when they had to re-tool

The visor. It's 300$ for the first 100 preorders, and 425$ for what's left.

They had already posted on FB that due to the re-tooling, the original pre-ordered price couldn't be honored.

So you're definitely not getting in for the original PO price from the Spring. I think the early bird people are sitting at 325-350.

New regular price

sales@maseihelmets.com - US$459 including shipping fee worldwide released on Oct 2014

From March

US$289-359 including shipping

and finally, with the fine print, from December 13'

Please keep in touch. The retailing price is US$239-259, depending on the molding final bill.

Guest davidwhangchoi

i always thought they were shady. all finished last year. no photo updates. now a year later it's finished no photos of the final colors. total blind buy. what the price is almost doubled? i'm a Nigerian prince and need money.

Edited by davidwhangchoi

Depending on the card used to pre-pay...you may be able to dispute the charge, some cards have longer dispute periods. I think paypal gives only 45 days to dispute.

Nice way to try and guarantee sales of your product.....customer either goes with the new higher price or he/she loses everything. ;)

Yeah, well I knew I was out when they claimed these Helmets would be ECE approved, but that requires sending units to have testing done.

Unlike the DOT system, where the product is not subject to third-party testing prior to sale, the ECE system required batch sampling when production begins, submission of up to 50 sample helmets/visors to a designated laboratory working for the government that uses the ECE standards under the United Nations agreement and verification of quality control during on-going production

Yeah I'm gonna say that's not happening here, especially with 3 production delays.

Again, I'd never ride a moto with one of these, and if you're buying just for Cosplay / Display, it's reaching Yamato helmet pricing.

Can you even find a Yamato DYRL helmet, let a lone for $500.00?

I'm 2 steps away from Canceling my order if its still possible. The rep from Masei Helmets who does frequent this site owes a rapid update & clarification on pricing. I was told I was on the original pre-order list and at that price is why I agreed to buy one.

For those of you still in for one of these, I really hope everything works out but this is one helluva price gouge for something with no final photos of the product in question. Way to stay classy Masei, take a bow.

I'm wondering why they now are saying that the painted versions will now be October, when originally they said if you order a medium size, they'd be ready in July/August. I hope the person who works for them can sort this stuff out in this thread. was counting on getting mine prior to October and in painted condition.

I'm wondering why they now are saying that the painted versions will now be October, when originally they said if you order a medium size, they'd be ready in July/August. I hope the person who works for them can sort this stuff out in this thread. was counting on getting mine prior to October and in painted condition.

Same here, only I was told my XL would be ready by August. I actually emailed that Peru-props guy on FB a few times as a backup with his DYRL version, but no response from him either. :(

Same here, only I was told my XL would be ready by August. I actually emailed that Peru-props guy on FB a few times as a backup with his DYRL version, but no response from him either. :(

I wanted this done by the time MWcon came around, but it looks like that won't happen. If not, this kinda throws a wrench into that, but not a deal breaker for the cosplay.

Please contact sales@maseihelmets.com for pre-ordering now.. US$289.00 and custom order and color is ok now! or you paint it yourself at home.

This is Masei 911 Motocross & Macross Robotech DOT Helmet.

The molding tool costed US$40,000 for this Macross & Masei Motocross Helmets... and limited to 300 units per year.