New Macross 1/1 DYRL helmets

Jasonc

I dont wanna be a party pooper, cause I'd probably do the same things, lol - but wouldn't the point bit act as a lever and snap your neck in a bad fall?

Well, Fullface DH helmets for moutain bikes are very similar and weigh a little less than the DOT motorcycle helmets. Some companies like FOX make both for biking and motorcross, so if a tree would get in my way going down a hill 20 miles an hr, i think i would be just fine. (thats what neck braces are for) lol. but yeah, it would get a little heavy after a while. ;)

I have the Yamato helmet, but I still want to get this one. I actually log into my facebook account which I have not checked for months and search for Masei. I found their email (masei_helmet@hotmail.com) address and sent an email to inquire about the helmet. Here is what I got:

"... Yes, I reserve one for you. They will be released after November as scheduled.
We do have M L XL XXL for you. I save and keep your email already.

US$189 for the first 200 units.. including shipping fee.. later, they will become US$289-339
only limited to 1000 units for 5 years.

Please stay with us in facebook page for this update and share our post in facebook."

I then asked about if they will have yellow/white. Their second reply:

"...yes, we will have yellow/white for you.. we will email you for this on Nov.. share this information in macross forum for me!"

He (I assume) attached the following pictures in the email and saying they "will change it into more suitable for riding..."

IMG_6218.jpg

IMG_6217s.jpg

img_1492747_50827667_2.jpg

(I am guessing here) The helmet in the first 2 pics looks more like the Yamato helmet. The one on the Honda bike looks more proper in scale.

The biggest problem with the Yamato helmet, is It is HUGE. I am 6'3" and it is still huge for me. There is also no straps or anything to secure it when you wear it.

Here's some old pics I posted before.

P1000584.jpg

MPHMe03.jpg

It will be great if they can scale the helmet to make it really wearable. I hope it will turn out good.

Edited by 94medition

I have the Yamato helmet, but I still want to get this one. I actually log into my facebook account which I have not checked for months and search for Masei. I found their email (masei_helmet@hotmail.com) address and sent an email to inquire about the helmet. Here is what I got:

"... Yes, I reserve one for you. They will be released after November as scheduled.

We do have M L XL XXL for you. I save and keep your email already.

US$189 for the first 200 units.. including shipping fee.. later, they will become US$289-339

only limited to 1000 units for 5 years.

Please stay with us in facebook page for this update and share our post in facebook."

I then asked about if they will have yellow/white. Their second reply:

"...yes, we will have yellow/white for you.. we will email you for this on Nov.. share this information in macross forum for me!"

He (I assume) attached the following pictures in the email and saying they "will change it into more suitable for riding..."

(I am guessing here) The helmet in the first 2 pics looks more like the Yamato helmet. The one on the Honda bike looks more proper in scale.

The biggest problem with the Yamato helmet, is It is HUGE. I am 6'3" and it is still huge for me. There is also no straps or anything to secure it when you wear it.

It will be great if they can scale the helmet to make it really wearable. I hope it will turn out good.

Has the Yamato one a problem with fogging? Since it will be a helmet designed for riding around the Masei ones should not have any problems with that.

I'm wondering if the front piece of the helmet will be removable like in the show and if you can slide the visor upwards like on a regular motorcycle helmet.

hamdi, nice ride! The NSX is such a cool car.

Scyla, the Yamato SDF1 helmet does have fogging issue. It is really more for display not for wearing. With it being so big and no strap, it will make you look like a bobble head doll.

Renato, I am not sure whether they have license or not. Your guess is as good as mine.

Here is what he posted on FB back in Apr 27. I assume he doesn't has any pre-production sample yet since he mentioned that the actual helmet will be 50% smaller. The air vent will be on the top to prevent fogging. The Yamato's is definitely huge in his hands.

373122_124517254264449_1450237101_q.jpg
Liked · April 27

Finally, I started this. Many emails asked for this air jet helmet for 1 year. A banker loans me a quarter of million dollars to do this project and I can keep this go on. Only 1000 units will be manufactured. That is it. The one in the pictures are scaled 2:1 and the real products will become half smaller to fit motorcycle riding. Air Vent will be on the top part for wind flowing...

Will be available from October 2013. I make 200 units for facebook friends and members only. Please email us to sales@maseihelmets.com to reserve your size and color.

Masei 911 Air Jet Motorcycle Open Face DOT & ECE Helmet - Limited to 1000 units only - An Idea from Macross Robotech Helmet and we are getting a trademark of this helmet in China this month.

This is a 611 Open Face fiberglass shell with ECE & DOT standard applied and attached with three separate plastic outfits (top, cheek, and back parts)

Only S M L XL (If other size, please contact us to sales@maseihelmets.com)

The colors are Red/White, Black/Yellow, Black/Red, & Blue/White Available

The First 200 units are for Facebook friends and members for US$179 including shipping fee worldwide. If interested, please join our Masei Helmet Facebook Page. Please contact us for reservation - sales@maseihelmets.com

The Second 201-700 units for Chinese markets only.

The remaining of (701-1000 units) are for wholesale and our online agency only and I set it for US$289 including shipping fee worldwide - http://www.hellohelmet.com/2013/04/masei-911-air-jet-motorcycle-open-face.html
575527_497584410291063_254343874_n.jpg
374689_497584446957726_96827654_n.jpg
934689_497584473624390_1503216673_n.jpg
15210_497584460291058_1405703738_n.jpg
379927_497584396957731_2119618017_n.jpg

I pulled the trigger on this too and sent an email to reserve if possible. Now to wait for a reply. I also asked if they plan to do any black/grey color variants for all the Low Vis fans out there like me.

I pulled the trigger on this too and sent an email to reserve if possible. Now to wait for a reply. I also asked if they plan to do any black/grey color variants for all the Low Vis fans out there like me.

I asked to get one done in the purple color that Yamato made one in when they first released their 1/1 scale helmets. They said they'd do it, but it cost more. That said, I'm cool with that. I just need a good picture of that purple color. Anybody have pictures or a link to where one of those helmets are at?

Got a response albeit a limited one stating that they'd save my email and contact me in the fall. They never mentioned my color choice inquiry or size info or anything. They gave a release date of November/December at $189 USD - guess I'm in the initial release club. Why do I get the feeling that this won't pan out?

Just have faith man, they seem to be a pretty big Helmet company, albeit new and upcoming.

Yeah, you're probably right. Hopefully it'll work out and they can hook me up with Low Vis colors to boot.

• 1 month later...

Anyone try contacting them recently? I sent them an email, but no response whether they got my preorder. I tried to friend them on facebook but couldn't (I pretty much never use facebook so maybe I did it wrong?). I MUST own the motorcycle helmet. Anyone able to friend them? I was able to "like" their masei motors page. Anyone recently have luck getting a response to a preorder email request?

• 3 months later...

Just saw this and immediately emailed Masei to order a helmet. This will work for riding and Macross cosplay I am currently planning for next year (SDCC or Otakon Baltimore). I really hope I am able to get in on this.

I don't know if it is good or bad that every time I check back in on the MW forum, I end up spending money!

Got a response from Masei, my preorder is set. Yay!!!! Gonna get a Hikaru, Roy and Max. The set is gonna look real nice on my bookcase wall with the rest of my Anime figures and Valkyries. I'm thinking I'll devote a shelf for each helmet and put little knick knacks that match each character.

Hikaru's shelf will have a picture in a frame of Hikaru and Minmay in front of the fountain from the anime (just gotta find a nice high res picture and print it out on photo paper), photo of him and Misa (see below), a fanliner plane (see below), dogtags (from the Toynami/Popbox Hikaru Figure), and his Valkyrie (don't have the Yamato version, but have the 1/55 Bandai version and the Robotech Masterpiece collection version).

3470232781_31f1e48899_o.jpgsdfmac_misaxhikaru.png?w=645

Max will have a Yamato Milia figure (see below), his Valkyrie (Masterpiece collection), maybe a gold chain (lol, Robotech dub reference, when Max said that to Hikaru before his date with Milia), blue tinted glasses, the photo below in a frame as well.

CMSMilia01.jpg220px-Miriya_and_Dana_Sterling.JPG

Roy will have his Valkyrie (Bandai or Masterpiece, haven't decided). Claudia photo in frame (see below). A model kit of the Fokker plane (the one Hikaru drops in the hospital when he learns Roy is dead). Maybe a plastic pineapple?

circlehandle_claudia_turtleneck.png?w=50

What do you guys think? Max and Roy's shelf seems a little sparse though, anyone have any ideas for more knick knacks I can add to each of their shelves? Maybe a drinking glass to Roy's shelf? Thoughts? Comments? Aspersions? All are welcome.

Got a response from Masei, my preorder is set. Yay!!!! Gonna get a Hikaru, Roy and Max. The set is gonna look real nice on my bookcase wall with the rest of my Anime figures and Valkyries. I'm thinking I'll devote a shelf for each helmet and put little knick knacks that match each character.

Hikaru's shelf will have a picture in a frame of Hikaru and Minmay in front of the fountain from the anime (just gotta find a nice high res picture and print it out on photo paper), photo of him and Misa (see below), a fanliner plane (see below), dogtags (from the Toynami/Popbox Hikaru Figure), and his Valkyrie (don't have the Yamato version, but have the 1/55 Bandai version and the Robotech Masterpiece collection version).

3470232781_31f1e48899_o.jpgsdfmac_misaxhikaru.png?w=645

Max will have a Yamato Milia figure (see below), his Valkyrie (Masterpiece collection), maybe a gold chain (lol, Robotech dub reference, when Max said that to Hikaru before his date with Milia), blue tinted glasses, the photo below in a frame as well.

CMSMilia01.jpg220px-Miriya_and_Dana_Sterling.JPG

Roy will have his Valkyrie (Bandai or Masterpiece, haven't decided). Claudia photo in frame (see below). A model kit of the Fokker plane (the one Hikaru drops in the hospital when he learns Roy is dead). Maybe a plastic pineapple?

circlehandle_claudia_turtleneck.png?w=50

What do you guys think? Max and Roy's shelf seems a little sparse though, anyone have any ideas for more knick knacks I can add to each of their shelves? Maybe a drinking glass to Roy's shelf? Thoughts? Comments? Aspersions? All are welcome.

That's awesome!!

So when did you first notify them about purchasing one ??

I sent them a message back in May thru their Facebook page and still have not recieved any emails or messages of them reserving one for me.. :(

I also emailed them on their web page back then and have not heard from them at all.

Did you email them on their web page address??

Facebook?

Edited by erikos0311