Banpresto Klan Klan is here!

regult

The face sculpt is not bad at all, it's just not up there compared to companies like Alter and Kotobukiya usually puts out.

I think the face just needs a better expression than the "staring forever into my empty soul" to make her more lively.

You ever wonder why she's named Klan Klan? Cuz I think Boing Boing is more suitable. ^_^

Maybe Klan Klan means Boing Boing in Zentran? :lol: :lol:

Vostok 7

Or maybe she does the *clang clang* with Michel and his battroid. ;)

Edited by shiroikaze

Yeah, but that is the 1/72. However it looks like she is even larger than a 1/60 and in canon she is only supposed to maybe reach up to the upper intakes.

Yup, we should just give it up, she was never meant to be "to scale" with any VF, whatever scale. If she were close, it would have been a coincidence. MAcro Klan is the same height as Sheryl, and chibi-Klan is probably the same height as the Banpresto Ranka...

Nobody would have wanted Klan to be any shorter, trust me, she looks beautiful this tall, I am just a bit overwhelmed by the excessive boobage, but I knew it from day 1, so...

they're illegal bootlegs. sometimes they're Rejects that didn't meet QC and were supposed to be thrown out, and sometimes they're regular products taken off the factory floor by workers, either way they're stolen merchandise.

Basically they're testshots or items made by employees while testing the machines.

Real bootlegs (or Knockoffs) usually don't get made in the official factories and often suffer from mold differences or horrible quality.

Basically they're testshots or items made by employees while testing the machines.

Real bootlegs (or Knockoffs) usually don't get made in the official factories and often suffer from mold differences or horrible quality.

actually, there are a LOT of products that are considered bootlegs made in the real factories. it's surprisingly common for factories in china to either ignore employees walking away with stock or even intentionally over produce an item and then keep the extra to sell.

Yeah, but that is the 1/72. However it looks like she is even larger than a 1/60 and in canon she is only supposed to maybe reach up to the upper intakes.

Just far enough, huh? Good design.

As for the statue - those boobs are insanely big - and squeezed out away from the body to the extent that they look like clip on balloons.

Pass

Pete

As for the statue - those boobs are insanely big - and squeezed out away from the body to the extent that they look like clip on balloons.

I think the sculptor intended some sort of zero-G look with them. They look like they could be floating in water.

Heavy Guage does an excellent job interpreting the more subtle elements of characters' designs in their work. I wouldn't be surprised if they took into consideration several of the scenes where you do see Klan in zero-G, and used that as an element in the rendition.

I doubt she would take of her helmet in the most likely zero-g environment.

Yeah, because there has to be gravity when there's oxygen. :huh: :huh: :blink:

Someone get me NASA on the phone!! They're gonna want to know this!

Vostok 7

Yeah, because there has to be gravity when there's oxygen. :huh: :huh: :blink:

Someone get me NASA on the phone!! They're gonna want to know this!

Vostok 7

Either way, wasn't it established in SDF:M that Zentrans can survive in the vacuum of space at least for a short time? I recall the time Breetai was trapped outside his ship. It was also noted in Misa's report when she returned to earth.

actually, there are a LOT of products that are considered bootlegs made in the real factories. it's surprisingly common for factories in china to either ignore employees walking away with stock or even intentionally over produce an item and then keep the extra to sell.

I know from my other hobby (diecast aircraft models) that this kind of "bootleg" happens quite often; and it is sometimes up to the factory managers to not just turn their heads away from the stealing, but as you say, to intentionally produce surplus and make their own sweet-back door profit. License owners cannot always have full control over what happens.

Of course some surplus is legit stock for replacing defective items returned from distributors/retail or keeping inventory in case there is more surprise demand.

The most common "bootleg" as pointed out is NOT from the factory next door, but QC-rejected stuff from the legit manufacturer that "accidentally" did not "properly disposed of" the defectives.

And you guys keep talking about the helmet...I just wish I had one! :(

EDIT: micro/loli/chibi Klan was IMO a trick from the script writers to profit twice from the same character, catering for the boobcon and lolicon niches... :lol:

Edited by regult

EDIT: micro/loli/chibi Klan was IMO a trick from the script writers to profit twice from the same character, catering for the boobcon and lolicon niches... :lol:

So when do we get a Grace figure to fulfill the O-Lcon [Office Lady] niche....?