Who is sick of the fraking snow?

miles316

I'm here in Lawrence, KS we were supposed to get 2-3 inches of snow last night & 5-8 inches here today, but just freezing rain right now with a little snow, We dodged a bullet again!!! B))

Global warming, thats just a made up myth!!! :p (Sarcasm)

Snow...whats snow? Oh wait is it that white stuff thats on top of one of our mountains?

In Hawaii we lack snow...but we do have lots of sun.

It's a balmy 70 degrees here up in the Bay Area in California. Last night it did dip down to the mid 40s... brrr.

Here in Kansas we got a blizzard which started out as ice which felt like some one was jabbing me with a pin when it hit me.

Next week or so looks fine in Sydney, whats the whinging about??

Forecast for Sunday

Fine. Mostly sunny. Light to moderate northeasterly winds.

Precis: Fine. Mostly sunny.

City: Max: 25 Parramatta: Max: 26

Terrey Hills: Max: 24 Penrith: Max: 27

Liverpool Max: 27 Richmond: Max: 27

UV Alert: 10:10 am to 3:50 pm, UV Index predicted to reach 7 [High]

Forecast for Monday

A few showers. Mostly cloudy. Light to moderate southeast winds, freshening near the coast.

Precis: A few showers.

City: Min: 19 Max: 23

West: Min: 15 Max: 26

Tuesday Showers.

City: Min: 20 Max: 23

West: Min: 18 Max: 23

Wednesday Showers.

City: Min: 20 Max: 23

West: Min: 18 Max: 23

Thursday Showers.

City: Min: 21 Max: 24

West: Min: 18 Max: 26

Friday Shower or two.

City: Min: 19 Max: 25

West: Min: 17 Max: 27

Saturday Mostly fine.

City: Min: 19 Max: 25

West: Min: 17 Max: 28

I only seen snow only once in my life...

I really hate all these weather mood swings down here in SoCal... I actually prefer cold weather even though I lived here all my life.

Edited by shiroikaze

Don't mind the snow at all. More snowboarding time!!

Yay going to kill this thread tomorrow so get your gripes in now. :)

I wish I was up in the mountains again as well :(

With threads like these, wouldn't it be better to have a "General" or "Random" section?

Edited by shiroikaze

It's a lovely rainy/windy day over here in New Jersey. Waaaa why does the weather have to be so random, maybe we could build a weather controlling device (that qualifies as science fiction.... right?).

It's a lovely rainy/windy day over here in New Jersey. Waaaa why does the weather have to be so random, maybe we could build a weather controlling device (that qualifies as science fiction.... right?).

If you're worried about science fiction, we DID talk about Global Warming... ^_^

:lol: :lol:

Vostok 7

I love snow. I wish it was snowing here. We had the "biggest" winter since we moved to central Pennsylvania, it snowed like 5 times!!!

Seriously... on a Friday the CANCELED SCHOOL FOR THE NEXT MONDAY because there was a prediction for snow (didn't happen). That's how retarded people are about snow here. You'd think it was Tucson or something.

I can see weather being Science Fiction ... or anime.

Yeah, we are comparing it to living conditions on Hoth. THREAD JUSTIFIED!!

Taksraven

I saw snow once. It was scary, I thought for sure they were going to try to eat my brain but ends up it's just crystallized water precipitating out of the clouds. Who knew?

My dad and I used to strap long fiberglass planks to our feet, and then we would use the snow as an entertaining mode of transport, as it conveyed us from the top of a mountain to the bottom.

In more recent news, I took a nice walk to Peet's Coffee today, and sat outside, sipping an iced tea and enjoying the sunshine. Many happy joggers ran past.

My dad and I used to strap long fiberglass planks to our feet, and then we would use the snow as an entertaining mode of transport, as it conveyed us from the top of a mountain to the bottom.

In more recent news, I took a nice walk to Peet's Coffee today, and sat outside, sipping an iced tea and enjoying the sunshine. Many happy joggers ran past.

I submerged myself in a large body of water and used my arms and legs to simultaneously pull and push myself through the water as the warm warm sun beat down on body today. It's interesting how water is sometimes a hard cold surface and sometimes it's a refreshing liquid that one can frolic in. Only, the water here is never a solid unless it came out of a refrigerator.

I submerged myself in a large body of water and used my arms and legs to simultaneously pull and push myself through the water as the warm warm sun beat down on body today. It's interesting how water is sometimes a hard cold surface and sometimes it's a refreshing liquid that one can frolic in. Only, the water here is never a solid unless it came out of a refrigerator.

Man, can we gloat or WHAT? ^_^

Didn't So-Cal see a tiny bit of snow this winter? Man, I can only imagine what would happen if So-Cal got some real snow. Even Seattle, which can get it's fair share, practically shuts down at the mere sight of snow. So-Cal-ers must think it's the Apocalypse or something :lol:

Vostok 7

Didn't So-Cal see a tiny bit of snow this winter? Man, I can only imagine what would happen if So-Cal got some real snow. Even Seattle, which can get it's fair share, practically shuts down at the mere sight of snow. So-Cal-ers must think it's the Apocalypse or something :lol:

Vostok 7

Down here in So Cal, we call the Apocalypse by another name: "light percipitation."

Vostok 7

Yeah, on Mt. Hamilton there was some snow. They even shut down the road that leads up the observatory. for like a whole day. It was HORRIBLE!

Ah, irony. I live near Pittsburgh, and here, we have four seasons... Almost Winter, Winter, Still Winter, and Summer. Seriously, we get snow from October into April (I've even seen it in May once or twice), then usually around May it jumps into the 80's. Snows that would make most cities shut down simply cause us to shrug, get in our cars, and go about our business.

And yet, in a thread dedicated to complaining about snow, I get to report that today was the warmest it's been all week. We almost hit 60°F!

'Course, it'll be snowing again by Monday.

Totally unrelated note, I had no idea I lived as close as I do to the white drew carey. I knew Chowser is/was over in Cleveland, and I thought he was about the closest board member to me.

WDC, what city you in? I'm in Greensburg.

Down here in So Cal, we call the Apocalypse by another name: "light percipitation."

Hahaha so true. You'd think that Seattle drivers would know how to drive in the rain, but invariably the first rain after any period without rain causes all the drivers on the road to become Californians :lol:

Vostok 7

Vostok 7

Um...yeah. If we got heavy snow in the San Fernando valley area...it probably WOULD be the apocalypse. I live in a heavily irrigated desert. Heavy snow only happens in the mountains. If it were otherwise, that would mean some severe shifts in global weather patterns.

Anyway, I see through your "You're comfortable but I'm tough" talk...and I'd rather be comfortable. :D:p

Had living in Edmonton for a bit. Snow start between Nov to April, SIX months a year! (or 4 months at least)

Road are dirty and muddy all the time in the winter, cause they spread sand on the road.

Btw, it could be as cold as -30 with windchill...

Thanks god I have moved away from there.