TEKKAMAN BLADE TOY!

• 3 months later...

Here's my review of the Bandai Web shop exclusive Tekkaman Evil armor plus figure. :)

First of all this figure is an online exclusive that can only be bought from Bandai's website in Japan. In other words, if you happen to know someone in Japan or if you know a good middle man service your going to be need them to purchase this figure. In addition, if your uncomfortable with a middle man service a few normal toy retailers such as anime export and toy wave also have some limited stock of this figure ( for a marked up price of course). Anyways, on to the figure itself!

Packaging and accessories: Tekkaman Evil's package comes in a box similar to previous armor plus figures with the exception of the opening lid to see the figure's layout. It's a pointless omission and it doesn't hurt the coolness of the packaging. In retrospect, its just a standard box with some neat photo shop work of the armored figure in its entirety. For accessories he comes with five pairs of interchangeable hands, his normal lance, his unarmored head, a four split lance and two blades for this pop off shoulder weapons. You pretty much get everything you need for Tekkaman Evil and the only accessory I think they could of included would be the tekka-crystal, but that will be coming with the Blastor Tekkaman (another web shop exclusive <_<).

Sculpt and Detail: The sculpt on this figure like the rest of the armor plus figures is really sharp. Thanks to the help of CAD renderings Bandai was really able to capture the look and feel of how Tekkaman Evil appeared in the anime. Proportions look fantastic and I don't see any wonky limbs or heads when fully armored up. Furthermore, the paint job on my sample is very clean with little to no slop. Additionally, in the paint department this figure shines because all of the armor is fully painted and when put together gives the appearance of a professionally completed kit. What's also sweet is the amount of clear blue parts used around the figure's chest and back area to once again achieve a very sharp outlook.

Gimmicks and weaponry: As noted before Tekkaman Evil comes with some badass weaponry and one of his interesting gimmicks is that part of this shoulder armor can be removed and attached to his forearms to make a striking armored blade. Everything fits pretty well together, but getting the blades on can be a little tough so just be a little patient with them until they're nice snug. It's also worth noting that his normal lance doesn't fit as snuggly in the hands as Tekkaman Blade's does. Sure, it's not like the lance will fall out, but it kind of slides around a bit. Anyways, TE also features the same sculpted eyes and face under the helmet and it makes for a pretty wicked effect. :). In addition, what's equally sweet is the opening boosters on his back feature multiple levels of spreading armor and looks pretty sharp (both literally and figuratively). Finally, if you want to shed TE into his Pre-Tekkaman mode you can do so, but after looking at the armored mode, why would you? :lol:

Articulation: Like the armor plus Blade, Evil is pretty much the same in terms of possibility:( double jointed neck, double jointed hips and elbows, ball jointed and hinged shoulders, bicep swivel, mid torso ball joint, ball jointed waist, double jointed hinged knees, hinged ankles and neat toe joint). Even though the articulation is similar I've noticed that the neck on TE is much more free and pose able for looking up and down. Another difference I found is that the inner hip joint that allows the hip to move down is a bit looser on TE and while it does help with posing the figure in more dynamic poses it also takes away some stability in holding the pose itself :(. Furthermore, when all of the armor is on some of the articulation gets limited and because TE is so spiky posing him needs to have some care involved so be careful.

Die cast content: TE's feet are metal. The chest, inner shoulders, forearms, crouch, and calve armor is all made out of metal. :D With all of the metal TE feels very heavy and while it does make posing a little harder it really feels solid.

Durablity and Build: Even though joints are tight now, all of them are friction joints and hinges so they can loosen up over time. The plastic quality feels pretty tough and since most of the armor is made out of metal I don't see too many collectors breaking anything. :) However, I've noticed that on TE some of the armor parts such as the forearm and leg armor don't attach as snuggly as Blade's. I don't know if that has anything to do with the way Bandai designed the new armor or if there's already mold deterioration on the base figure's mold <_< . One more thing to note is that while swamping out the hands is still kind of a pain on TE its actually easier than using Blade's hands. On TE I can put the hands on in 30 seconds on TB it could take me up to 15 minutes to force the hands on. :angry:

Final Thoughts: When I first discovered that Bandai was making these Tekkaman figures my head exploded and I immediately pre-ordered them as soon as the ordering page came up. Its a true sight to behold that these Tekkaman figures exist and I hope Bandai continues to bring out a few more of the armored suits in this line ( come on Sol Tekkaman come on)! Anyways, bottom line this figure is sweet, it looks great, poses pretty decently, and blows my mind to have one of the very few Tekkaman Evil toys ever made ^_^. Despite, a few problems and a jump in price Tekkaman fans won't be disappointed. Tekkaman fans have waited too long for awesome Tekkaman toys and now the wait is finally over so do yourself a favor and buy this toy.

IMG_2695.jpg

IMG_2707.jpg

IMG_2708.jpg

IMG_2709.jpg

IMG_2706.jpg

IMG_2703.jpg

IMG_2704.jpg

IMG_2693.jpg

IMG_2692.jpg

IMG_2734.jpg

Edited by SuperHobo

• 1 year later...

Meh, they'll be exclusives. i mean they look awesome, and Armor Plus great is a great toy (Though his shoulderads got VERY loose, and dont stay up well now. ) but the others are all to pricey. If they had been nomal release Id have em all, but now... I pin my hopes now on figma!

• 1 month later...

Wow those pictures certainly caught my interest. I'm not familiar with figmas-what are they? What size are they usually? I wonder if these figures could take the place of the much more expensive Bandai limited figures...

Since me and maybe ten other people who give a damn about Tekkaman Blade may be happy to see this. SOL TEKKAMAN!!! While Sol tekkaman 2 (green one) is known to be a tamashii web, sol tekkaman 1 may be a normal release. Don't quote me on it, but I have a good feeling will be able to get him from all of our normal retailers.

nwxuzPyIYmFHnQG11RNx9A.jpg

smPq5jLLJbNr6IDNBVIGg.jpg

I must be #9 on the "10 people who give a damn about Tekkaman" list, lol. That 'SOLTek does look great. Question though: is this the only Tekkaman figure that is a "normal" release? I was under the impression that all of the other figures were exclusives-correct me if I'm wrong...

I must be #9 on the "10 people who give a damn about Tekkaman" list, lol. That 'SOLTek does look great. Question though: is this the only Tekkaman figure that is a "normal" release? I was under the impression that all of the other figures were exclusives-correct me if I'm wrong...

You are correct, only the normal tekkaman blade was a mass release. Sadly, it looks like both sol teks will be tamashii exclusives.............. :angry: ,but at least the blue one will be mine! :lol:

Sigh....I really do want an Evil. So lemme get this straight: there are two versions of the Bandai Evil figure, both of which are still exclusives?

They're all over ebay, you just have to be willing to pay the price. IMO what they're going for isn't BAD for the non-Blastor version, I just have trouble spending that kind of coin, lol...

Officially Figmas are non-scale but most work out to around 1/12. Robocop is about 5 3/4" and Roger Smith is just shy of 6", so that should give you an idea of what height to expect; however, since I don't own any of the Bandai figures I have no idea how they'll compare.

And it's out for Pre-order at AmiAmi

post-664-0-10697400-1331120156_thumb.jpg

Edited by mechaninac

Since me and maybe ten other people who give a damn about Tekkaman Blade may be happy to see this. SOL TEKKAMAN!!! While Sol tekkaman 2 (green one) is known to be a tamashii web, sol tekkaman 1 may be a normal release. Don't quote me on it, but I have a good feeling will be able to get him from all of our normal retailers.

Looks like the Blue one is actually Sol Tekkaman 2 and it's a Tamashii Exclusive. The green one is Sol Tekkaman 1. Hmm.. looks like both of them will be exclusives. Which just plain sucks.... I might get both of them anyway. Since I like Sol Tekkamen more.

• 2 weeks later...