TEKKAMAN BLADE TOY!

• 9 years later...

Those who missed the Orange Cat Industry model on it's first release last year can now get it from Wave; it's up for pre-order at the usual suspects. IMO it's a great interpretation of the original design, and finally a kit of substancial size (last pic is next to a MG Gundam)

I have the orange cat version that I bought from showz and it looks impressive and I’m glad it’s getting released to a wider group. I saw some pictures of the tekkaman evil and I’m hoping for more in the line, but it’s a bit rare for anyone to do more than those two 

• 1 year later...
1 hour ago, electric indigo said:

With their Evil kit just out, Orange Cat presents the next kit in the line, the Sol Tekkaman:

I'm currently snapping the Evil kit together, and I'm impressed with the sculpt & the engineering.

Nice, I was really hoping they would continue the line. I got so excited for the first two kits and really really hope that they do a kit for dagger. I wouldn’t mind all the characters either, most companies just do the main two characters and sometimes in their upgraded forms, but they usually skip the rest

7 hours ago, glane21 said:

Would be awesome if that Sol opened to accept a pilot figure.

I don’t think there’s enough space for a full figure. Possibly upper chest and head, but more realistically a swap out part since the neck would probably give some trouble 

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
2 hours ago, electric indigo said:

New pics of Sol & it's up for preorder at the usual places.

I was checking the wave version of the rerelease since it’s a good amount cheaper than the Orange Cat initial release at bbts and wanted to see if it still had the extras. I might be wrong, but I don’t see the decals or stand included with the wave rerelease. I think I’ll keep my preorder that I put in back in March since this release might not have those items.

I did see that wave is offering a stand that looks like the one included with the initial release, but as a separate purchase, but I don’t see anything about the decals as an extra purchase.

7BAEA02D-0C3A-479E-BA14-2513789F742A.jpeg.da7182e6119358de69572a38e477e908.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 1/30/2023 at 4:18 PM, Lolicon said:

Bought a Tekkaman Blade figure from some maker I've never heard of before. I it's a pretty nice figure, if a bit on the pricier side.

1842977017_tekkaman002.jpg.b623d216ca483a074f980884eb4cc55a.jpg

I just PO last week the Reissue of Jungle of Tekkaman figure from HLJ I think is the same one you have, I always been a fan of Tekkaman and after doing some research I preorder, by the way how are material quality of this Tekkaman?, ulitmately what make me PO this figure were three things, the looks of  it, the height and very important to me the heft. 

and this , 1 Kg? yikes!

image.png.1d9550ed6cf3d101d738de0a0aff90e4.png

Not sure why in the description in HLJ or AmiAmi they don't add the manufacturing description , it took me a while to find correct one in youtube :D 

I think it goes like this:

Product Line: Metal Power , Maker: Innovation Point ,   Main Company name?Jungle

Video :

On 9/5/2023 at 10:46 AM, Alex GS said:

I just PO last week the Reissue of Jungle of Tekkaman figure from HLJ I think is the same one you have, I always been a fan of Tekkaman and after doing some research I preorder, by the way how are material quality of this Tekkaman?, ulitmately what make me PO this figure were three things, the looks of  it, the height and very important to me the heft. 

and this , 1 Kg? yikes!

image.png.1d9550ed6cf3d101d738de0a0aff90e4.png

Not sure why in the description in HLJ or AmiAmi they don't add the manufacturing description , it took me a while to find correct one in youtube :D 

I think it goes like this:

Product Line: Metal Power , Maker: Innovation Point ,   Main Company name?Jungle

Video :

I like it a lot. It's a big weighty figure comparable to the Bandai 1/48 DX VF-1. I had no idea who this maker was but decided to roll the dice on it and was pleasantly surprised. It's solid with a fair amount of diecast. I didn't get the Sentinel version because I didn't like the way the sculpt looked.

My only complaint is that getting the batteries in and out of the microscopic battery compartments is a $#@%&.

I received Sol last week and started a preliminary test assembly. Part fit is great, and the engineering is even better than the last kits; most of the armor pieces are undergated, meaning fast cleanup, and tolerances have gotten better so that joints actually move and you don't risk breaking parts trying to close the final 0.5 mm gap between them.

53175411575_1259763a02_c.jpg

1 hour ago, electric indigo said:

I received Sol last week and started a preliminary test assembly. Part fit is great, and the engineering is even better than the last kits; most of the armor pieces are undergated, meaning fast cleanup, and tolerances have gotten better so that joints actually move and you don't risk breaking parts trying to close the final 0.5 mm gap between them.

53175411575_1259763a02_c.jpg

Looking good so far