HW Japan

thegunny

I thought I'd give HW Japan a go as I'm getting a bit sick of HLJ's pot luck ordering system and not so competitive pricing & postage.

If you haven't used them before then I suggest you give them a shot. Prices are cheaper than HLJ, postage options and cost are so much better and they seem to be pretty quick.

Their web site isn't as flash as HLJ but I just saved around Y1000 on the 2 kits that I brought (cheaper price & cheaper postage) and they give you reward points to use as you please and to top it all off they threw in the Sheryl decal set with the VF-25F Super without me even asking.

I thought I'd give HW Japan a go as I'm getting a bit sick of HLJ's pot luck ordering system and not so competitive pricing & postage.

If you haven't used them before then I suggest you give them a shot. Prices are cheaper than HLJ, postage options and cost are so much better and they seem to be pretty quick.

Their web site isn't as flash as HLJ but I just saved around Y1000 on the 2 kits that I brought (cheaper price & cheaper postage) and they give you reward points to use as you please and to top it all off they threw in the Sheryl decal set with the VF-25F Super without me even asking.

They do seem to have some good deals - at least on the stuff I like to buy.

Thanks!!

Kenny

I can vouch for them too, although I only ordered once from them (my VF-25F, thanks ntsan!) But I at least feel confident enough to place my order with them again (waiting for them super parts and stands :))

They have decent deals and are also pretty diligent with inventory and shipping as well. Though they don't get much stock on alot of items, usually it's 3-5 per item... but I don't mind that.

Edited by shiroikaze

I've used them a couple of times now and they are fast & considerably cheaper than HLJ. :D

As they use SAL parcel if the item goes above SAL small packet size (which HLJ don't, they force you to use EMS or put the items in multiple boxes) postage costs are much better and you get tracking with SAL parcel.

The bonus points are a plus as well. It's nice to know they appreciate your custom.

I've spent a great deal of money with HLJ over the last few years (just over 1 million Yen) and never even got so much as a hello thanks for sticking with us or a christmas greeting let alone any freebies.

Yep from now on if HW Japan have got the item listed they've got my money.

I've spent a great deal of money with HLJ over the last few years (just over 1 million Yen) and never even got so much as a hello thanks for sticking with us or a christmas greeting let alone any freebies.

I'm in a similar situation. HLJ has got quite a bit of business out of me for a long time now. With most online vendors, they offer discounts for repeat business, or some other incentives. It would be a good idea if HLJ thought about this. They have a wonderful website with all their products very well documented, but I am looking for other sources.

I'd cut them some slack, they're starting out and deserve some support. I really want to give them a try, and hope to order my next 1/72s from them.

I'm pretty sure Petar is talking about HLJ, who aren't just starting out.

screw hobby link japan, i shall rant to warn you of their dark side~

they sold me a USED SDF-1 wham model toy that had a damaged shoulder and a booster that i've no idea where it fell off from.

the box's tape was slit open and the sdf-1 was all awkwardly placed in the styrofoam, not to mention scratches all over the display stand. i e-mailed them, got a response a week later, then no response till another week later, then a response from the parts manager guy, who never responded to my emails and just sent me two new shoulders 2 weeks later, without ever notifying me that they were intending to just replace the shoulders and nothing else.

they're too slow and have poor communication. apparently their staff speaks english but they hardly speak to you at all. just be careful with these bastards ill try hwjapan too

It's odd that as much as people complain about it, HLJ is still one of the best sites I've ever bought from. I've ordered everything from valks, to play models, to plastic jet and car models, to Books and hobby supplies. I've gotten a lot of good deals shopping with them and have NEVER had a single problem with any part shopping with them. every transaction has gone smoothly and quickly; no slow processing, no lost shipment, everything arrives fast once shipped.

I've hardly had reason to contact their customer support but on the few occasions I have they were very helpful and got back to me quickly.

I have found they have better selection and stock than most other sites and I find navigating their site and finding items much easier than many other sites. more than anything though I like the fact that you can place an order and then modify or cancel it without any trouble, and they don't charge you until the item is ready to ship.

I've had my fair share of bad experiences with online retailers, but none of those were with HLJ.

just gotten my stuff from HWjapan, and they package quite well for something that is small in size..

I bought the 1/72 aerospace maintenance crew from them and i was very satisfied with their packaging and the correspondence.

For example, i ask regarding the Vf-25F canopy and the Tread ( Aoshima ) i got a reply almost within 24 hrs.

That is how satsified i am with them =)

I think i will get from them again, not to mention they have discount which is cheap then HLJ and also staff that understand and writes gd english =)

though their catelogue is not well documented like HLJ but i thinki will not consider that, i prefer getting used to them to get cheaper stuff... =)