VX-4 garage kit question...

LA2019

Hi all. New here after discovering this site a short time ago. Very nice site!

I have a question that I hope someone can help me with. Back in the late 80's I bought and built a VX-4 PVC garage kit from Japan. It was the new fighter from Flashback 2012. Does anyone remeber who made this? I doubt it is still available but is there another manufacture producing a VX-4? I traded both of mine off years ago and regret it now. I always thought the VX-4 was a good looking fighter and wanted to build another one. (Sorry for the crappy quality of the picture. It was taken with slide film and scaned).

Thanks!!!

File0832a.jpg

The kit you bought in Japan was the 1/72 VF-4 Lighting fighter mode made by Hobby Base Retppu. It is long out of production but you can find it every now and then either here on MacrossWorld offered by a member or on Ebay.

No toys or model kits were made of this fighter valk, only garage resin or vinyl kits. Sizes range from 1/144, 1/100 and 1/72. the two smaller sizes were produced by Yellow Submarine and the bigger scale by the before mentioned company Musasiya and Club-M. I also released one modified version based of the Musasiya kit, however it is all sold out.

as of right now all the good VF-4 kits are out of production and usually very expensive on auction sites. there used to be a decent Japanese recast of the club-M but that's out of print too.

the only kit still being made is the ultra crappy Monsters in Motion recast of the club-M kit.

as of right now all the good VF-4 kits are out of production and usually very expensive on auction sites. there used to be a decent Japanese recast of the club-M but that's out of print too.

the only kit still being made is the ultra crappy Monsters in Motion recast of the club-M kit.

Thanks for the replys.

Is the Monsters in Motion piece really that bad? I've never seen one. I looked on their site but the picture is small and bad.

Thanks for the replys.

Is the Monsters in Motion piece really that bad? I've never seen one. I looked on their site but the picture is small and bad.

never built one myself but from everything I've heard they are really poorly made, lots of ill-fitting parts with hardly any panel detail, and a crappy canopy.

never built one myself but from everything I've heard they are really poorly made, lots of ill-fitting parts with hardly any panel detail, and a crappy canopy.

I think the MIM kit is actually a crappy recast of the Retppu vinyl kit.

Edited by azrhino

I have the original Retppu vinyl kit if anyone is interested, you can PM me.

I have the club-M kit too, but the Musasiya recast from Valk009 is my favorite. I think the last one had been sold a long while back.

I have two of Valk009's that I have not built yet. I'm too afraid that I jack it up. I was going to commission a guy to build one for me but wife won't let me pay him the $350.00 he wanted to build it. So I bought the second one. This way if I jack it up building it myself I'll still have one I can have built for me.

Sad isn't it?

I have two of Valk009's that I have not built yet. I'm too afraid that I jack it up. I was going to commission a guy to build one for me but wife won't let me pay him the $350.00 he wanted to build it. So I bought the second one. This way if I jack it up building it myself I'll still have one I can have built for me.

Sad isn't it?

I've built one and I have a second which I intend to mod or straight build; with the exception of aligning the vertical stabs correctly, its about the easiest resin kit you can build. Thats particularly if you have the last generation of the kit without the brasswork. Take a leap of faith and put enough effort into it, you;ll be fine.