Macross music thread v2.0

UN Spacy

Its sad that they never got around to releasing a more complete soundtrack for Macross Frontier. What are the chances that it will happen now?? Have they released any soundtracks for the films? Do the films have the same music as the TV series??

Its sad that they never got around to releasing a more complete soundtrack for Macross Frontier. What are the chances that it will happen now?? Have they released any soundtracks for the films? Do the films have the same music as the TV series??

If you get both ost 1 and 2 (Nyan FRO and Nyan TRA respectively) plus Nyan TAMA (the vocal collection) you'll have pretty much most of the music to be heard in the series.

I have not seen the movie so I cannot comment on the use of series music in the film. But I do know that there's a mini-album out called Universal Bunny which is basically composed of Sheryl songs written for the film.

Hi Guys,

I'm looking for translated lyrics to the Music "Heart and Soul" ( from Macross 7 - Galaxy is Calling Me).

It works for me if it is in : English, Spanish, Portuguese or French.

I'm a late fan of Macross and last week I completed watching all series and loved this song a lot.

I appreciate any guidance on where to find it, or posting any links or the posting it's translated version.

(I tried to google it but found Japanese Only)

Regards,

ZD1

Hi Guys,

I'm looking for translated lyrics to the Music "Heart and Soul" ( from Macross 7 - Galaxy is Calling Me).

It works for me if it is in : English, Spanish, Portuguese or French.

I'm a late fan of Macross and last week I completed watching all series and loved this song a lot.

I appreciate any guidance on where to find it, or posting any links or the posting it's translated version.

(I tried to google it but found Japanese Only)

Regards,

ZD1

Welcome aboard! ^_^

I found them here: http://www.macross.co.uk/77077/lyrics/heart+soul.txt

Translated by PsyKORps

Romanised by Matt Francis + PsyKORps

---

Kotoba dake ja todokanai

It's too much for mere words to say.

Kieteku azui omoi uta ni nose

These vanishing feelings just have to be sung.

Mitsume atte tsutae you

When my eyes meet yours, then I can tell,

Atatakana HEART AND SOUL

of my warm and loving heart and soul.

HEART AND SOUL

Heart and Soul.

HEART AND SOUL

Heart and Soul!

Donna toki demo

It can be any time,

Tsuyoku daki aeba

when you hold me tight.

Soba ni inakutemo

Even when you're not here with me,

Kimi no koe ga suru

I can hear your voice still.

Hoshi kara hoshi tabishite

From star to star I traveled on,

Soshite mitsuketa mono

and at last found what I was looking for.

Ai no chikara shinjitai

I want to believe in the power of love.

Afureru tsuyoi BEAT uta ni kome

With an overflowing beat it fills my song.

Kizutsuke au kono sekai

The world may have hurt both you and me,

Fuki tobasu HEART AND SOUL

but it ignites my heart and soul.

HEART AND SOUL

Heart and Soul.

HEART AND SOUL

Heart and Soul!

Taiyou ni mukatte

When I turn towards the sun,

Kokoro hiraitara

and open my heart to you.

Hana ya kusa todatte

Maybe all we'll both talk about,

Katari aeru hazu

are the flowers and grass all around.

Haruka toki wo megutte

Through a distant time we revolve.

Soshite wakatta koto

And now I finally understand.

Kotoba dake ja todokanai

Mitsume atte tsutae you

Atatakana HEART AND SOUL

HEART AND SOUL

Heart and Soul.

HEART AND SOUL!

Heart and Soul!

Ai no chikara shinjitai

Kizutsuke au kono sekai

HEART AND SOUL

Heart and Soul.

HEART AND SOUL!

Heart and Soul!

Kotoba dake ja todokanai

Mitsume atte tsutae you

Atatakana HEART AND SOUL

HEART AND SOUL

Heart and Soul.

HEART AND SOUL! (Utaitai)

Heart and Soul! (I just wanna sing!)

HEART AND SOUL

Heart and Soul.

HEART AND SOUL! (Eien no)

Heart and Soul! (Forever more!)

HEART AND SOUL!

Heart and Soul!

Welcome aboard! ^_^

Translated by PsyKORps

---

Kotoba dake ja todokanai

Mitsume atte tsutae you

Atatakana HEART AND SOUL

HEART AND SOUL

Heart and Soul.

HEART AND SOUL

Heart and Soul!

Donna toki demo

It can be any time,

Tsuyoku daki aeba

when you hold me tight.

Soba ni inakutemo

Even when you're not here with me,

Kimi no koe ga suru

I can hear your voice still.

Hoshi kara hoshi tabishite

From star to star I traveled on,

Soshite mitsuketa mono

and at last found what I was looking for.

Ai no chikara shinjitai

Kizutsuke au kono sekai

HEART AND SOUL

Heart and Soul.

HEART AND SOUL

Heart and Soul!

Taiyou ni mukatte

When I turn towards the sun,

Kokoro hiraitara

and open my heart to you.

Hana ya kusa todatte

Maybe all we'll both talk about,

Katari aeru hazu

are the flowers and grass all around.

Haruka toki wo megutte

Through a distant time we revolve.

Soshite wakatta koto

And now I finally understand.

Kotoba dake ja todokanai

Mitsume atte tsutae you

Atatakana HEART AND SOUL

HEART AND SOUL

Heart and Soul.

HEART AND SOUL!

Heart and Soul!

Ai no chikara shinjitai

Kizutsuke au kono sekai

HEART AND SOUL

Heart and Soul.

HEART AND SOUL!

Heart and Soul!

Kotoba dake ja todokanai

Mitsume atte tsutae you

Atatakana HEART AND SOUL

HEART AND SOUL

Heart and Soul.

HEART AND SOUL! (Utaitai)

Heart and Soul! (I just wanna sing!)

HEART AND SOUL

Heart and Soul.

HEART AND SOUL! (Eien no)

Heart and Soul! (Forever more!)

HEART AND SOUL!

Heart and Soul!

Hmmm, thought of getting the band together to learn this song, too. There's still one song I've been practicing, and am pretty much ready to play with the band, and that's Light the Light, and can probably do Angel Voice. As for the new Fire Bomber Songs, while I don't have them all yet, I'm working on those. If anyone can find guitar tablature for the new Fire Bomber songs, please let me know. I haven't found any as of yet.

Welcome aboard! ^_^

Translated by PsyKORps

Super Thanks, it is more beatifull than I though !

Hmmm, thought of getting the band together to learn this song, too. There's still one song I've been practicing, and am pretty much ready to play with the band, and that's Light the Light, and can probably do Angel Voice. As for the new Fire Bomber Songs, while I don't have them all yet, I'm working on those. If anyone can find guitar tablature for the new Fire Bomber songs, please let me know. I haven't found any as of yet.

Hi Jasonc,

If you got to publish your praticing, I defenetilly would love to check on it.

Light the Light is also one of my favorites... (M7 is full of great music actually)

On the Episode from Encore when Miria was felling sick with "Space Cold" and thought she was dying and she got to sing this music to entire M7 fleet and Fire Bomber and Gamlin song together with her. It was funny and also nice moment. But not only that, I liked the way the music came out too, in such Chorus.

This song is great !

Anyone have an idea if they're going to release a Macross Crossover Live DVD? I've noticed May'N later concerts getting DVD releases already...

While I wish there was such announcement, there hasnt been and I doubt that there will be.

The concert hall wasnt set up with the number of cameras necessary for a proper DVD release imo. Just 2 or 3 cams for basic footage on the big screens for the cord at the back. Compare that to, for example, the Maaya Sakamoto concert a few weeks back where it was really obvious from the number of cameras and quality of the footage being played on the big screens that a DVD will be made (even though it hasnt officially been announced yet).

I could be wrong, but I checked on both days of the Crossover concert and, just like the Firebomber reunion, I cant see there being a DVD made.

A CD on the other hand might happen I suppose (I SO want one from the Soul G Gundam Anniversary concert too!). Fingers crossed?

So, I'm watching Macross 7 (ALL of it) for the first time and I'm finding that I REALLY like it! Much more than I thought I would. And I've noticed that the music, while I thought it would be bland and very J-Pop-ish, is VERY nice and has a lot of variety. I seem to appreciate Mylene's singing more than Basara's and love Sweet Fantasy and Dadeko Baby! So anyways, I give Macross 7 a lot of credit and wish it had been more popular than it was, at least in the US. :)

So, I'm watching Macross 7 (ALL of it) for the first time and I'm finding that I REALLY like it! Much more than I thought I would. And I've noticed that the music, while I thought it would be bland and very J-Pop-ish, is VERY nice and has a lot of variety. I seem to appreciate Mylene's singing more than Basara's and love Sweet Fantasy and Dadeko Baby! So anyways, I give Macross 7 a lot of credit and wish it had been more popular than it was, at least in the US. :)

Have you picked up any of the CDs yet? Most of 'em are DAMN good.

Have you picked up any of the CDs yet? Most of 'em are DAMN good.

Admittedly I have downloaded some of the songs but hate doing that. :( A friend of mine has a few of them and was going to make me copies but I wouldn't mind owning a few. I just have Ultra Fire! right now.

I am sure some of you have come across these "crossovers" at some point on your journeys through the Internet, but I wanted to post 'em to enlighten some of our less-fortunate members. ^_^

Alto & Brera sing "Shao Pai Lon"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FoLuQ5E9V3U

Michael & Klan sing "Runner"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y8Jnvh78SXA

Ozma & Cathy & Bobby sing "Totsugeki Love Heart"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OYBI8Amn5-U

Grace & Leon sing "Zero-G Love"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HRB6Tc1PyRw

The first two are kinda crap, IMO. Bobby cracks me up in "Totsugeki Love Heart" and he singlehandedly makes the cover good, lol. Grace & Leon... well, it's just pure wackiness; it always brings a smile to my face when I hear this version of the song.

I am sure some of you have come across these "crossovers" at some point on your journeys through the Internet, but I wanted to post 'em to enlighten some of our less-fortunate members. ^_^

The first two are kinda crap, IMO. Bobby cracks me up in "Totsugeki Love Heart" and he singlehandedly makes the cover good, lol. Grace & Leon... well, it's just pure wackiness; it always brings a smile to my face when I hear this version of the song.

Solid gold.

Grace and Leon doing Zero-G Love is absolutely priceless!

Hi Jasonc,

If you got to publish your praticing, I defenetilly would love to check on it.

Light the Light is also one of my favorites... (M7 is full of great music actually)

On the Episode from Encore when Miria was felling sick with "Space Cold" and thought she was dying and she got to sing this music to entire M7 fleet and Fire Bomber and Gamlin song together with her. It was funny and also nice moment. But not only that, I liked the way the music came out too, in such Chorus.

This song is great !

We never really recorded any of our practices, and it's been awhile since we have practiced. That said, maybe it'd be a good idea to do so sometime. As for Light the Light. It's a pretty easy song to play, and it has a lot of energy for a balad song. Were you wanting to learn to play it? If so, I can probably write out the tab here for you.

After listening to these, Grace and Leon have the strangest sounding duet out of all of those, but I really like Michael and Klan doing Runner. It's quite decent out of all of them. Shao Pai Lon and Totsugeki Love Heart is just funny as can be.

• 3 weeks later...

We never really recorded any of our practices, and it's been awhile since we have practiced. That said, maybe it'd be a good idea to do so sometime. As for Light the Light. It's a pretty easy song to play, and it has a lot of energy for a balad song. Were you wanting to learn to play it? If so, I can probably write out the tab here for you.

Hi Jasonc

I`m actually looking for "Flash in the Dark" and "Heart and Soul" Bass Guitar Tabs, I got just 6 months on guitar pratice, so pretty new to it.

I`m trying to find tabs for these two songs.. but seems like my Web-fu is not good enought.

I will keep on looking till find them but if you have them handy and dont mind posting it I would appreciate a lot.

Best Regards

ZD1

many thanks David!

Got the text file with the tab from the link you mentinede above.

http://tabs.animebw.com/tabs/macross-7-flash-in-the-dark.txt

And it got easy chords to play , so it will be great fun praticing it.

:) thanks for the help.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Thanks to Gabriela Robin's website for the links.

Akino Arai's live performances of Voices and Wanna Be An Angel.

<a href="

target="_blank">

<a href="

target="_blank">

Dude....seriously....WOW!!!!! Thank you very much for posting those links. I seriously got shivers watching those vids. This is the first time I have ever seen video footage of Akino Arai performing live. Those Paris fans are lucky as hell to have seen it! Two questions:

1)To the best of your knowledge is there a dvd/BD of this paris concert...or *ANY* Akino Arai concert for that matter?

2)Do you or anyone else happen to know if Akino was accompanied by Yoko Kanno during that Paris performance?

Man...I swear if Akino Arai ever comes to Anime Expo I'm gonna freakin' lose it!

Oh and I just found an awesome interview with her about her Paris concert:

http://www.mimu-net.net/en/article_view.php?articleid=73

Edited by isamu

Dude....seriously....WOW!!!!! Thank you very much for posting those links. I seriously got shivers watching those vids. This is the first time I have ever seen video footage of Akino Arai performing live. Those Paris fans are lucky as hell to have seen it! Two questions:

1)To the best of your knowledge is there a dvd/BD of this paris concert...or *ANY* Akino Arai concert for that matter?

2)Do you or anyone else happen to know if Akino was accompanied by Yoko Kanno during that Paris performance?

Man...I swear if Akino Arai ever comes to Anime Expo I'm gonna freakin' lose it!

Oh and I just found an awesome interview with her about her Paris concert:

http://www.mimu-net.net/en/article_view.php?articleid=73

Damn! Some nice links! Thanks for sharing! She did the same 2 songs at the Crossover Live and personally I'd put the Crossover versions above the Paris ones in terms of quality - well noone recorded them so Im content with the Paris cam versions!

Damn! Some nice links! Thanks for sharing! She did the same 2 songs at the Crossover Live and personally I'd put the Crossover versions above the Paris ones in terms of quality - well noone recorded them so Im content with the Paris cam versions!

Cool cool!

Tochiro do you happen to know if Akino was accompanied by YK at the Paris concert? Does she even perform with her anymore?

Cool cool!

Tochiro do you happen to know if Akino was accompanied by YK at the Paris concert? Does she even perform with her anymore?

Well, I'm no Akino expert, but as far as I'm aware, you are presuming a link that never really existed. As far as I know, Kanno and Akino never did perform together (altho they may have been on stage together at the 15th anniversary concert, Im not sure). Kanno does have a history of slipping into concerts for a brief cameo (as she did at the Maaya concert a couple of months back - that DVD is gonna be AMAZING) but the only time she realy ever toured/performed with the artists she worked with was for a handfull of Seatbelt concerts at the turn of the century and the Macross F tour. Then there was Tanabata Sonic, of course, although THAT was more like everyone accompanying Kanno, not the other way around, lol.

The short of it is that Im pretty certain Kano wasnt at Paris (to answer your question).

• 3 weeks later...

Hey guys, I got a personal request here. I've gotten a lot of messages from fans of my DYRL dub who have heard Cristina Vee sing as Lynn Minmay wanting me to do Flashback 2012 in English, but they wanna hear Cristina sing the songs. They really enjoyed the version I wrote up as a bonus feature, but when I look around the net I don't see much for translated lyrics of Minmay songs.

So does anyone have sources for the songs that appear in Flashback that are english translated? It would help me out a bunch and I think Cristina really wants to give it a shot.

Out of Do You Remember Love I only have Zero G love completed.

So two down, dozen to go?

Hikuro, I know that the subtitling of DYRL that I have credits "Hurin, Ali Sama, and Mechamaniac from MacrossWorld" as the translators for it. They did the song translations for all of the songs in the movie, including the portions of "Shao Pai Lon", "Sunset Beach", and "Silver Moon, Red Moon". As far as "Ai, Oboete Imasuka" goes, I am sure they easily got the translation from the writing on the piece of paper that Misa gave to Minmei. They also translated "An Angel's Paints", or whatever the song is called that plays during the credits of the movie. I have no clue what the song is that Minmei sings while in captivity by the Zentraedi in DYRL. It's the song that plays right after Hikaru and Misa discover the wrecked hulk of the Prometheus on Earth. It's also got a tranlation on this version.

You can find a translation of "Love Drifts Away" (Again, I think this is the name of the song... it plays during the final battle in episode 27 of SDFM) on what I think is the Animefiends translation of SDFM episode 27. If you guys decide to try either Cristina by herself or as a duet with a male partner, "Runner" is translated at the end of each episode on the Animefiends translations of SDFM.

I hope I haven't already stated the obvious, but I figured I'd at least help in the best way I could. Good luck!

I have no clue what the song is that Minmei sings while in captivity by the Zentraedi in DYRL. It's the song that plays right after Hikaru and Misa discover the wrecked hulk of the Prometheus on Earth. It's also got a tranlation on this version.

I'm not 100% certain, but I believe that song is titled Cinderella.