Macross music thread v2.0

UN Spacy

That's a really good version of the song. Thanks for that link. While flipping through the video, I cam across this... Totally awesome!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WnyqjPGiAko&feature=related At first I thought the title of the video was wrong, but it's not. May'n singing "Lost My Music" from Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya

That's a really good version of the song. Thanks for that link. While flipping through the video, I cam across this... Totally awesome!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WnyqjPGiAko&feature=related At first I thought the title of the video was wrong, but it's not. May'n singing "Lost My Music" from Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya

Yeah that was at Animax Musix. The concert went for SEVEN HOURS! I had tics but then got sent overseas for work and ended up giving em to a friend.

Highlights from the concert were aired on Animax a week or 2 back which is where those clips have come from. Then a more comprehensive version will be played on cable across several nights in January. I'm recruiting a friend to record it for me. Unfortunately Animax has never released an Animax Musix concert on DVD or Bluray to date.

Edited by Tochiro

• 4 weeks later...

That's a really good version of the song. Thanks for that link. While flipping through the video, I cam across this... Totally awesome!!! http://www.youtube.c...feature=related At first I thought the title of the video was wrong, but it's not. May'n singing "Lost My Music" from Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya

Bah, and I thought I found that first. Oh well, it was still awesome! Anyone pick up the new Frontier single? Since the Triangle trailer, I can't get enough of "Get It On."

Bah, and I thought I found that first. Oh well, it was still awesome! Anyone pick up the new Frontier single? Since the Triangle trailer, I can't get enough of "Get It On."

Well you could always listen to the 45 second preview of "Get It On"

at least its something http://www.jvcmusic.co.jp/m-serve/-/Discography/Z0221/VTCL-35111.html

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Good stuff. I wish people did that here in the states.

And as for the tablature for the guitar of Macross Dogfighter, I've been working on that. I'm hoping to have it down sometime. B)) Definitely getting there.

Edited by Jasonc

The Chie Kajiura concert tonight was pretty damn good. It's clear she was in a mellow, moody kind of vibe...the only peppy show-stoppers she did were "Ready GO" and "PLASTICS." Apart from that, it was mostly a mix of Chie solo songs (old and new), with a relatively small number of Macross songs (apart from the previously mentioned duo, she did "Pillow Dream" and "Kimi ni Todoke," which give a good sense of the overall pace of the show.

She also did not one, but TWO Kate Bush covers: "Feel It" (which she did the last time I saw her) and "Rubberband Girl" (which I thought was an exceedingly odd choice, but Chie and her band nailed it).

After the show was over, they announced that Chie would be manning the merchandise table, and collecting money for the Tohoku Quake victims. As such, I bought some buttons, and then got to shake her hand (which, yes, means I've finally met both Mylenes...'bout time, considering my Macross World name...)...I also told her I'd love to her her do a Kate Bush cover album. She said she'd love to, but that her English is no good (not true).

But BEFORE she helmed the store, she and the guitarist came out and stood next to the bar, and did a beautiful, quiet performance of "Friends ~Jikuu o Koete~." It was really damn awesome.

I got to snap some photos before the guy next to me tapped me on the arm and gestured for me to stop...as soon as I can get them on my computer, I'll put them up.

But yeah...again, damn good show. And Chie did enough new songs that I certainly hope an album is in the works.

The Chie Kajiura concert tonight was pretty damn good. It's clear she was in a mellow, moody kind of vibe...the only peppy show-stoppers she did were "Ready GO" and "PLASTICS." Apart from that, it was mostly a mix of Chie solo songs (old and new), with a relatively small number of Macross songs (apart from the previously mentioned duo, she did "Pillow Dream" and "Kimi ni Todoke," which give a good sense of the overall pace of the show.

She also did not one, but TWO Kate Bush covers: "Feel It" (which she did the last time I saw her) and "Rubberband Girl" (which I thought was an exceedingly odd choice, but Chie and her band nailed it).

After the show was over, they announced that Chie would be manning the merchandise table, and collecting money for the Tohoku Quake victims. As such, I bought some buttons, and then got to shake her hand (which, yes, means I've finally met both Mylenes...'bout time, considering my Macross World name...)...I also told her I'd love to her her do a Kate Bush cover album. She said she'd love to, but that her English is no good (not true).

But BEFORE she helmed the store, she and the guitarist came out and stood next to the bar, and did a beautiful, quiet performance of "Friends ~Jikuu o Koete~." It was really damn awesome.

I got to snap some photos before the guy next to me tapped me on the arm and gestured for me to stop...as soon as I can get them on my computer, I'll put them up.

But yeah...again, damn good show. And Chie did enough new songs that I certainly hope an album is in the works.

Sounds like fun, you lucky mofo. :D

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Last week, I did a bit of remixing Diamond Crevasse (Triple Nickel), the Nyan-Nyan Medley (Operation Linebacker 25; from Wings of Goodbye) and Don't Be Late (SOS Air Attack Vehicle) separately, with audio clips recorded from CNN's coverage of the bomb run over Baghdad in 1991, the radio transmission of an F-16 pilot dodging SAMs, background audio of a ship's CIC, Sheryl and Alto's conversation in Episode 24, and a smattering of F/A-18 sounds from the flight deck and Blue Angels' aerobatic demo...

The results were mindblowing.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

http://www.satelight...s_2012myle.html - the next Mylene Jenius birthday live with Chie Kajiura and Yoshiki Fukuyama (special guest)

【マクロス7】Chie Kajiura Presents 2012年「Mylene Night #02」開催決定!

2011年11月11日

「2月2日はMyleneのBirthDayを毎年祝おう!」という

ChieKajiuraの一言から始まったイベント「Mylene Night」。

111111_01.jpg

#01ではサブタイトルを「W-Mylene」として

櫻井智さんとの歌、

贅沢な映像を交えてお贈りいたしました。

#02では Chie Kajiuraが「うたMylene」として

あんな曲もこんな曲もうたったり...!?

2012年は、マクロス30周年という事もあり、

スペシャルゲストとして

「歌バサラ」こと福山芳樹さんが

BirthDayをお祝いに来てくれる事になりました!

FB のLIVEでは見られないスペシャルバージョンに期待!

そして今年もスペシャルチケットをご用意。

こちらもお楽しみに!

去年に引き続き、今年の2月2日も平日では有りますが...

年に1度の BirthDay Party です。

会場をMyleneでいっぱいにしましょう!

スペシャルな1日を楽しみにいらしてください。

いち早く情報をGetしたい方は、

ChieKajiura無料メールマガジン

CKinfoにご登録下さい!

「Ckinfo」ご登録はこちら→ http://bit.ly/ge5ADn

■Mylene Night#02 東京公演

出 演 者 :Chie Kajiura   スペシャルゲスト:福山芳樹

開催日時 :2012年2月2日(木) 開場:17:00 開演:18:30

会   場 :WOMB(http://www.womb.co.jp

席   種 :オールスタンディング 5,500円(別途1Drink ¥500)

チケット発売日:

CKinfo 先行受付/2011年11月25日(金)~12月11日(日)予定

※詳細は、ChieKajiuraメルマガ CKinfoに記載

一 般/2011年12月3日(土)~ LABORATORY(http://cart05.lolipop.jp/LA09589178/)

にて販売開始。定員になり次第終了

※お一人様5枚まで。

※チケットは先着順、ご入場はチケット番号順になります。

※チケットの発送は準備が出来次第、先行順に発送致します。

※詳細は「お申し込み受付完了」のお知らせメールに記載致します。

Edited by Crossboy

• 1 month later...
  • 10 months later...

http://www.macrosswo...song/#more-3592

No Heart & Soul?!?!? #RAAAAAGE!

The problem with some of these open internet polls, is that the current stuff almost always comes to overshadow the pre-internet material. I mean all the top 10 Macross songs of all time are Frontier songs? No Minmay songs in the top 10? No *Voices" or "Angel Voice"?

It'd be interesting to have a MW poll on the same topic.

I can't stand internet lists. Greatest Movies, Best Action Heroes. That's why I don't like Rotten Tomatoes articles.

Angels Voice and Heart and Soul definitely needs to be there. I can't believe Fate's Arrow and Assault made it and Silver Moon, Red Moon didn't. As for BGM music I think Ruined Star from DYRL should be up there.

I'm also surprised by how low Interstellar Flight is.

The problem with some of these open internet polls, is that the current stuff almost always comes to overshadow the pre-internet material. I mean all the top 10 Macross songs of all time are Frontier songs? No Minmay songs in the top 10? No *Voices" or "Angel Voice"?

It'd be interesting to have a MW poll on the same topic.

I was thinking the same thing. We'd have to make a thread to get a consensus of which songs to put in the poll first though. It's a giant list of songs.