Macross music thread v2.0

UN Spacy

Kinda can't argue with the top two. Out of every other track I have from Macross, I find myself listening to those two the most (well.. discounting instrumentals anyway). Voices, the DYRL theme, and a few Firebomber tracks, I'd probably put right up there as well, but meh. Internet polls are weird that way.

http://www.macrosswo...song/#more-3592

No Heart & Soul?!?!? #RAAAAAGE!

it's Biglobe poll. Biglobe is piece of crap japanese equivalent of MAL - only twice worse somehow. It's also dominate by teenage girls and fujoshi to ridiculous degree. These are pretty odd results all in all, Diamond Crevasse winning is to be expected as well as Northern Cross and Iteza in top five but whole top ten all Sheryl? That... is out of line.

Usually the most popular Macross song in polls these days is Lion anyway so I'm a bit puzzled how not even it made it in top ten

Frontier dominance comes as a matter of fact given that it happens to have the most popular music in the franchise (using pure maths so this isn't opinion question) and - more importantly - most current Macross fans in Japan seem to not be too familiar with other entries. In other words they're Frontier newfags on average, especially the biglobe crowd.

Edited by Xard

• 4 weeks later...

Just out of curiosity, are the songs from Macross 30 Ginga wo Tsunagu Utagoe, Planet Cradle and Wandering by Haruka Chisuga out yet. I heard them in the trailers, and fell in love with them right away.

Edited by SkullLeaderVF-X

Just out of curiosity, are the songs from Macross 30 Ginga wo Tsunagu Utagoe, Planet Cradle and Wandering by Haruka Chisuga out yet. I heard them in the trailers, and fell in love with them right away.

Single with OP/ED is due out on Feb 27, as was announced at the 4:01 mark of the trailer over on the front page, for 1155yen :-)

http://www.macrossworld.com/3749/macross-30-new-trailer-gameplay-details/

It looks like that, instead of the studio album she was supposed to get as winner of Miss Macross 30, she is getting a single and voice acting gig instead....still, its a heck of a lot more than the winner of the actress wing got...

The single is out next month.

Single with OP/ED is due out on Feb 27, as was announced at the 4:01 mark of the trailer over on the front page, for 1155yen :-)

http://www.macrosswo...meplay-details/

It looks like that, instead of the studio album she was supposed to get as winner of Miss Macross 30, she is getting a single and voice acting gig instead....still, its a heck of a lot more than the winner of the actress wing got...

Dear god thats soooo far away. I want them now...... Guess I'll just rip the snippets off the trailers to hold me off untill then. :(

It's the Fire Bomber songs that I really, really love. I listen to them more than any other songs from other Macross series.

My personal favorite (besides from their more popular songs) would have to be Remember 16.

I still want a Mylene only version of Light the Light!

If I could,I would rip it from my dvd set like I did with the english version of Voices and the FlashBack version of Ai wa nagareru. But I cant find a complete version of it.

I still want a Mylene only version of Light the Light!

If I could,I would rip it from my dvd set like I did with the english version of Voices and the FlashBack version of Ai wa nagareru. But I cant find a complete version of it.

It's strange, because that is really the main version that they play in the show. I don't think it's very good, though, as the song clearly is in too low of a key for her. That's probably the reason they never released it, it's more of an oddity.

Have any of you heard or have in collection soundtracks from Macross Plus released by Demon Soundtracks? I found about this label while searching for Heart and Soul CD and I was quite suprised that someone in UK released OST's from M+ there.

Mayby someone could tell more about them since there's not much info on the net.

It's strange, because that is really the main version that they play in the show. I don't think it's very good, though, as the song clearly is in too low of a key for her. That's probably the reason they never released it, it's more of an oddity.

Hmmm...Maybe, but I still liked it. It was different from Basara's. Is it true that there are still alot of unreleased music from M7?

TONS. Seriously. from being released?

Thats sad. I really liked M7s music. Not just the vocal tracks but the BGM as well. Whats keepng them from releasing it? I would think that as old as the series is, they would release some more music already.

Have any of you heard or have in collection soundtracks from Macross Plus released by Demon Soundtracks? I found about this label while searching for Heart and Soul CD and I was quite suprised that someone in UK released OST's from M+ there.

Mayby someone could tell more about them since there's not much info on the net.

My copy of OST volume 1 is the UK Demon release. Apart from the licensing text, it is identical in terms of content and packaging to the Japanese release, aside from the obvious lack of an "obi" spine sleeve. They did Volume II as well, but not the other two MacPlus albums. At the time I considered it an excellent, cheaper alternative to importing. I believe JVC distributed them officially in the US, too. It was so cool to see Macross items officially in record stores back in my London days. That's all over now, thanks to a certain entity...

TONS. Seriously.

Tons? Really? I think the stuff that they did release but does not appear in the show is far greater...

Are there any actual soundtracks for the Frontier movies or did they just re-use the music from the TV series along with some new stuff like Universal Bunny and Sayonara no Tsubasa?

The second movie has a soundtrack. The first just has Universal Bunny and CM Ranka.

@Renato: Thanks for the reply.I see both OST's on my local auction site for a quite good price so it will be my next purchase, only thing that will be left to get is M+:Cream PUF .It's nice to hear that at least M+ OST's were released outside of Japan. And yes, too bad that will not gonna happen again, at least not in the nearest future.

My copy of OST volume 1 is the UK Demon release. Apart from the licensing text, it is identical in terms of content and packaging to the Japanese release, aside from the obvious lack of an "obi" spine sleeve. They did Volume II as well, but not the other two MacPlus albums. At the time I considered it an excellent, cheaper alternative to importing. I believe JVC distributed them officially in the US, too. It was so cool to see Macross items officially in record stores back in my London days. That's all over now, thanks to a certain entity...

Oh man....I remember back in the day, I was attending some extra credit courses at my local community college, and afterward, I would walk across the street to the Tower Records (literally it was across regular 2 lane street) and browse around. I would head for the import section alot, and then one day, there they were. The most beautiful sight ever. Macross Plus Sound Tracks I and II. Man I was glad I picked them up. Seems after I bought them, they never re-stocked them again. Good times. Thanks for making me remember Renato. ^_^

• 3 weeks later...