Where to get clear thermoform plastic?

David Hingtgen

Squadron's Thermaform™ is only 8x5 inches, I need a bit bigger than that (at least 6 inches wide). But every online search I get is only for thick industrial thermoform etc, that pretty much require an oven/autoclave. I just need a bigger sheet of what squadron sells--surely someone makes/sells that. (And a bit thicker would be nice too)

Yeah, I've read nothing but bad reports of trying to thermoform standard clear styrene. It may be an option, but I figure it'd just be a waste of money.

Anyone know anything about acrylics? I've heard those do decently, possibly buy small sheets at a home improvement store. (I'm not looking for a complex shape, just a super-simple curve in a square sheet---it just has to be the exact right shape and size, and there's nothing I can find that's already the right curvature to cut down to size) Basically making a half-pipe/half-tube. About the size/curvature of a 2-liter bottle, but a bit bigger. If I could find a 3-liter bottle around here, that might be perfect.

• 3 weeks later...
This is where I buy my acrylic... But I typically buy 4' x 8' sheets, and these guys are local to me: http://www.hillcorplastics.com/index.html

I don't know if they will accomodate small orders, but it is probably worth asking them.

For small stuff, I just use the plastic in common blister packaging. I save any large, flat, or slightly concave/convex pieces I could place over a positive(male) master.

I hope this helps.

Kenny