Star Wars MODEL thread

007-vf1

I was wondering why no one has created a model tread for the Star wars enthusiasts. There's a toy tread but my request for models in it was sabotaged right away. So I am creating this tread to see if there are more modelers like myself who enjoy this genre and show their creations, builds or kit-bashing from toys at any scale and make.

I am starting with my last builds form Fantastic plastic resin kits at 1/72 scale, my favorite size, along a couple of toys from hallmark and titanium at a relative scale as well.

then is the B and E wing at the same scale.

post-104-1237555689_thumb.jpeg

post-104-1237555725_thumb.jpeg

Yes STP, I always thought of it to be the ONLY possible place to find if any, but Why not a ONLY, just for Star Wars model fans tread instead? every other Sci-fi forum has it.. Besides if you want to to go back to a specific post you might take a while to dig for it on another tread; Where it might be easier to recognize and find here.

Nice Republc SD. is that ISD the old mpc one?

Edited by 007-vf1

I once had an ISD, until it decided to jump into the stairs below and became one of my expensive piece of garbage :(

Since then I learned not to put model on display on the cabinet on the upper stair.

Nice Republc SD. is that ISD the old mpc one?

Thanks! Yes the ISD is the AMT/Ertl reissued MPC kit. The parts ejected from those old molds were quite poor so I decided to add some new elements and details to it. I somehow ended up with something different from what I had in mind. Should have painted some flames or tribal pattern on it. Sorry about the bad picture quality but I don't have the opportunity to take new ones. Both models are already in their new homes.

Thanks! Yes the ISD is the AMT/Ertl reissued MPC kit. The parts ejected from those old molds were quite poor so I decided to add some new elements and details to it. I somehow ended up with something different from what I had in mind. Should have painted some flames or tribal pattern on it. Sorry about the bad picture quality but I don't have the opportunity to take new ones. Both models are already in their new homes.

I have the ERTL ISD too! Was so excited to finally find one. There is not enough ISD/SSD love out there in terms of kits and toys.

I got the Scale Solutions SSD too, but am still hoping for a proper plastic kit. A Fine Molds SSD would be a dream come true. I don't care if its 20,000+ yen.

Can we see more pics of the ISD you have. Like to see what detailing you did, esp on the heavy turrets.

Edited by Retracting Head Ter Ter

I have the ERTL ISD too! Was so excited to finally find one. There is not enough ISD/SSD love out there in terms of kits and toys.

I got the Scale Solutions SSD too, but am still hoping for a proper plastic kit. A Fine Molds SSD would be a dream come true. I don't care if its 20,000+ yen.

Can we see more pics of the ISD you have. Like to see what detailing you did, esp on the heavy turrets.

Well there was a well detailed 38" Super SD a year or so ago, that cost about $400. I have the 38" Randy cooper's ISD. Is an amazing kit which i can't built at this moment because of space.

What? 38 inch SSD? WHO WHAT WHERE?!?! Can I have a link please? Pics?

These are the only 2 pics that i have found that survived.

The last run of this project was sold at the beginning of 2008. I have found that some people who orginally bought then back then were selling them not long ago; but i lost connections with them...

Right now there's a couple of people who are producing a 17.5" model one is AMP and the other is the 14.5" scale solutions' ...

post-104-1237951227_thumb.jpg

post-104-1237951248_thumb.jpg

Edited by 007-vf1

These are the only 2 pics that i have found that survived.

The last run of this project was sold at the beginning of 2008. I have found that some people who orginally bought then back then were selling them not long ago; but i lost connections with them...

Right now there's a couple of people who are producing a 17.5" model one is AMP and the other is the 14.5" scale solutions' ...

I have the Scale Solutions resin kit. Is the 38 inch version in resin as well? Would be crazy heavy if it was!

I am not 100% satisfied with the scale solutions one. The molding on the side 'fencing' (or whatever you call the protruding roof covering the side trenches) was short of resin so the 'fence' was broken on one side. Think the bridge tower is a big too big for its scale too and the 'city superstructure' detail is off too. Overall, the lines are nice though.

I found the 38 inch one on ebay! USD$380!!! Is it ABS plastic or resin?

As far as I know any SSD over 12" is resin unless is made by a toy company. Non made of plastic or fiberglass that i know of. I am surprised to see them on ebay now a days. There's 2 of them right now and one of them under $300 for a 38"!? Their original cost was close to $500 that's why i didn't buy them back then, but economy sure has make it a bargain for some people like us...

None of the SSD made today, for what i have seen, is as detailed as the 38"... it even has a little Darth Vader or R2-D2 head hidden in the trench like the original studio model does..

Edited by 007-vf1

There's 2 of them right now and one of them under $300 for a 38"!? Their original cost was close to $500 that's why i didn't buy them back then, but economy sure has make it a bargain for some people like us...

None of the SSD made today, for what i have seen, is as detailed as the 38"... it even has a little Darth Vader or R2-D2 head hidden in the trench like the original studio model does..

I was tempted to bid for the $300 one but its $105?!?!?! for international shipping! WTF?!?! I shudder to think how heavy a 38 inch resin block is. Not too good for flying it around the house by hand while making turbolaser sounds I think.

A Darth Vader/R2d2 head? That cant be in scale right? How would that show up in a 17km+ long ship scaled to 38 inches?? I never heard of that SSD feature before.

In any case, I really hope Fine Molds steps up to do a SSD.

• 3 weeks later...

About time FM started putting more into the 1/48 lineup. And the Snowspeeder would be a fine addition. If FM does a Prequel starfighter next, I hope it's the ARC-170. Personally, I'd love to see the warships put into model kit form with today's technology. The ISD screams for it.