New Yamato Anime to Open in Japanese Theaters in 2009

UN Spacy

I believe that goes with the 1/665 version, the 1/590 that I bought doesn't appear to have any electronics like the original 1/665 version, unfortunately. However, the 1/590 scale does appear to have a more accurate sculpt from what I can make out, but I won't know until it gets here.

I'll post pics when I get it.

-Kyp

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
A little more excited about
, personally. :D

<<< WARNING: The clip referenced in the above quote has left the post author in a catatonic state, and unable to articulate his excitement in any form of coherent speech. We will advise when this situation is rectified, but early estimates indicate that this will happen only when the author has seen this movie.>>>

Holy *ucking $hit....I didn't know a teaser was released....

Tried to find the live action thread, but it seems to be gone?

Edited by peter

Hey fellas, sorry about the trouble....I was looking around for what I thought was a more recent thread about the live-action movie....I ended up digging up something from 2006...

Call me dense, I don't get the reference. Did the new ST movie have some connection to Yamato getting made? Or am I missing something in the previous posts on this thread?

Did you watch the new Yamato trailer???

Yes - I don't see any connection with it and the new ST movie though. Does it have lense flare?

I'm confused, are we talking about Yamato Live action, or Yamato Animated?

I'm confused, are we talking about Yamato Live action, or Yamato Animated?

Live action, and currently I'm attributing the success of the recent ST movie to the decision to make a live action Yamato movie.

Live action, and currently I'm attributing the success of the recent ST movie to the decision to make a live action Yamato movie.

It probably helped with raising some of the finances but I think the planning stages would have started well before the ST film had been released.

Taksraven