Which mecha is the ugliest?

Looking specifically at anime, which mecha do you think is a truly hideous sight to see?

My vote goes to the New GodPhoenix from Gatchaman II. Not exactly mecha in the purest sense of the term, it is still one of the ugliest pieces of hardware ever seen, especially when compared to its iconic predecessor from the original Gatchaman series.

newgp.jpg

To be fair though, most of the designs in Gatchaman II were absolute garbage.

Taksraven

LOL... Bet you haven't seen Gatchaman F... The ship there was a freaking Star Destroyed ripoff...

The New GodPhoenix from Gatchaman II doesn't look that bad after watching the one from F...

LOL... Bet you haven't seen Gatchaman F... The ship there was a freaking Star Destroyed ripoff...

The New GodPhoenix from Gatchaman II doesn't look that bad after watching the one from F...

Don't worry, I am fully aware of the Gatchaspartan. Its pretty ugly too but nothing like the New GodPhoenix....

spartan.jpg

Taksraven

I an imagine the creative process there... some guy folds a paper airplane, turns it upside down, and then thinks "brilliant!"

Actually, I either had this toy when I was young or had some access to it, can't remember which. It was a pretty creative design, the way they engineered everything to fit together.

Don't worry, I am fully aware of the Gatchaspartan. Its pretty ugly too but nothing like the New GodPhoenix....

spartan.jpg

Taksraven

In both cases, the idea to use those designs came from the toy sponsor.

What was Tatsunoko thinking? Even kids realized that New GodPhoenix and Gatchaspartan was ugly compared to the original.

Yeah that's best left alone...

@Taksraven: No pilot/driver, just an ugly robot in general then... Perhaps an ugly robots thread should be made, I bet there's plenty :p

I think this thread has covered all the bad mecha in existence, I could be mistaken though :lol:

@Taksraven: No pilot/driver, just an ugly robot in general then... Perhaps an ugly robots thread should be made, I bet there's plenty :p

I think this thread has covered all the bad mecha in existence, I could be mistaken though :lol:

Don't worry, I am sure that we have barely scratched the surface.....

Taksraven

idk...

he did transform into a car,plane, robot, battle robot, claymation rabbit and a "man".