Which mecha is the ugliest?

Time to end all debate with this...

Yes, it's bad Photoshop work. And no, it's not someone's fan art; it's actually an official wallpaper for a Philippine-made movie.

:blink: LMAO!! ^_^ That one of the main characters is played by a guy named Dingdong is funny enough for me!

Edited by RD Blade

Pill shaped mecha is the ugliest...... :lol:

saku.jpg

Their only plus side, if they could be said to have one, is that they would be very easy to mass produce, with such a simple and standardised design. Kind of like the PeeWee's from Total Annihilation and they would be great for "rushing".

What Gundam is that pic from anyway? Its really good artwork apart from crap unit designs.

Taksraven

Their only plus side, if they could be said to have one, is that they would be very easy to mass produce, with such a simple and standardised design. Kind of like the PeeWee's from Total Annihilation and they would be great for "rushing".

What Gundam is that pic from anyway? Its really good artwork apart from crap unit designs.

Taksraven

They're even easier to build than you guess...in the comic, they're shown to be snap-together. ^_^

It's the "Saku," from Tony Takezaki's Gundam gag manga. It's really, really funny. My favorites include the Zeon troops going up against the old Clover toy of the Gundam, and the one that showed Char getting fired by Dozle.

Apparently, it has finger guns.

But yeah, that's quite an unorthodox design indeed, compare to normal Battletech.

Ha Ha - Battletech, the bastard child of Macross & robotech.

Taksraven

I don't usually visit this particular forum so I only skimmed the thread, but have people really left out Jet Alone?

I grant, this might fall under the "deliberately lame" clause someone mentioned earlier.

Forget Jet Alone, what about Jet Jaguar (Original name: Red Alone)?

post-939-1237710971_thumb.jpg

Man, it was Jet Jaguar (and PR's Megazord) that made me a mecha fan in the first place. For its time, it was damn cool.

Hmmm...Ultraman was damn cool. Mazinger Z was damn cool. Iron Man No. 28 was damn cool.

Jet Jaguar...? I dunno. I think even if I'd been a Japanese seven-year-old in 1974, I would've thought Jet Jaguar was kind of lame...

As an adult, I simply think he's the second-worst Ultraman rip-off ever (the first, of course, being Inframan).

Hmmm...Ultraman was damn cool. Mazinger Z was damn cool. Iron Man No. 28 was damn cool.

Jet Jaguar...? I dunno. I think even if I'd been a Japanese seven-year-old in 1974, I would've thought Jet Jaguar was kind of lame...

As an adult, I simply think he's the second-worst Ultraman rip-off ever (the first, of course, being Inframan).

Nah, Jet Jaguar is the robot version of Ultraman, that's what made he cool, at least for me ^_^

I don't usually visit this particular forum so I only skimmed the thread, but have people really left out Jet Alone?

jetalone.jpg

I grant, this might fall under the "deliberately lame" clause someone mentioned earlier.

Oh god, can't believe that I forgot Jet Alone. Certainly a lame mecha in every sense of the word. I love how it looks like it was designed in about five minutes and the original sketch probably ended up being what was animated.

Good call.

Taksraven

Maybe I'm just being nasty now, but annoying little sister mecha, who needs it?

Taksraven

For the same reason we have Roll in Rockman/Megaman, ala doing household chores and being the prettiest robot of them all. :lol:

Edit: Forgot pic

Tatsunoko_vs_Capcom_Art_19_Roll.jpg

Edited by REbirth

Oh god, can't believe that I forgot Jet Alone. Certainly a lame mecha in every sense of the word. I love how it looks like it was designed in about five minutes and the original sketch probably ended up being what was animated.

Good call.

Taksraven

I liked JA. he was lame but in a good way. He had an interesting film noir scifi styling to him that makes him look unintentionally like a megadues from Big O

akiueb.jpg

now if we want to talk about ugly and EVA, I'd nominate the mass production units.

eva_5-13.jpg

and I'm not even sure what this is out side of being from one of the rebuild movies, but I'm already sure it's the ugliest thing ever.

1209106207500.jpg

now if we want to talk about ugly and EVA, I'd nominate the mass production units.

eva_5-13.jpg

I dunno, there was always an unnerving (pardon the pun) factor with those units, I think its the Loretta Swit lips on them. Scary.

Taksraven

I dunno, there was always an unnerving (pardon the pun) factor with those units, I think its the Loretta Swit lips on them. Scary.

Taksraven

Yeah, the Mass Produce EVAs are supposed to be intimidating and freaky, beastly, after all, they are soulless creatures (angels?) that can keep on smiling no matter what happen to them.

Taksraven

I never saw it that way, the massive lips gave them a very goofy appearance. deffinately more amusing then unnerving (until the whole dismembering and eating of other Giant robots part anyways)

I think we need more of that in anime actually, more disturbing mecha cannibalism.

Sorry, but as ugly as EVA units can be, they can't compare to the Zakrello or the recycled mechs of Resiklo on Ugly Points.

fair enough. although I think Resiklo should be excluded form this thread; if you let them in there's really no discussion any more.

Edited by anime52k8

I present: The Shame of Kawamori...

omegaboost.jpg

Omega Boost!

A wannabe Valkyrie with recycled mecha detailing! Longer-than-sane rifle with a side grip that cannot be reached by supporting arm! Pyjama-stripe torso! Vernier tubing that goes nowhere! Backpack stolen from Scopedog II... !

betaboost.jpg

Beta Boost!

A wannabe Virtual-On Raiden, but with horn-y Gouf shoulders! 'No-design' box thrusters on hips and ankles! Crotch blaster included!

http://www.toymania.com/toyfair2000/bluebo...ega/omega.shtml

Edited by drifand

I enjoyed playing Omega Boost the first 2-3 times through.

I the Stealth plane is not one of the ugliest designs out there, imo, there were plenty of real world airplane designs from WWII through the '70s that were amazingly ugly.

The Stealth plane was built for a popcorn flick, big explosions and summer fun. It was NOT made to be accurate, it was NOT made to please the armchair military analyst, it was built to look cool going a million miles an hour on the big screen.

I have a feeling the only reason most people here slam it is because a few people complained "omg, that thing would never fly, the angle of the (insert random tech jargon here) is all wrong!". Seriously, is was never made to be a real world design in any way.

As for the rest of the movie, yeah, it was poo.

Here are my submissions for ugly Mecha:

post-806-1237744463_thumb.jpg

post-806-1237744479_thumb.jpg

post-806-1237744497_thumb.jpg

post-806-1237744529_thumb.jpg

post-806-1237744640_thumb.jpg

post-806-1237744925_thumb.jpg

Edited by one_klump

I enjoyed playing Omega Boost the first 2-3 times through.

I the Stealth plane is not one of the ugliest designs out there, imo, there were plenty of real world airplane designs from WWII through the '70s that were amazingly ugly.

The Stealth plane was built for a popcorn flick, big explosions and summer fun. It was NOT made to be accurate, it was NOT made to please the armchair military analyst, it was built to look cool going a million miles an hour on the big screen.

I have a feeling the only reason most people here slam it is because a few people complained "omg, that thing would never fly, the angle of the (insert random tech jargon here) is all wrong!". Seriously, is was never made to be a real world design in any way.

As for the rest of the movie, yeah, it was poo.

Here are my submissions for ugly Mecha:

Stealth was not that bad. Yes, cheesy, cliche, all of that. On the other hand, it's just a fun, entertaining, you get what you pay for kind of pure entertainment flick. My son and I watch it like once a year, and it always entertains, and that's all we look for from it.

As for the mecha you just showed, how can you complain about that dog Gundam thing? I've never seen it before, and I'm not a Gundam fan, but come on, it's a big robot dog! Not liking that is like not thinking K-9 on Doctor Who was awesome when you were a kid!

I think that all robot dogs are excused from the ugliest mecha comparison.