Which mecha is the ugliest?

Doctor Who entered the giant robot stakes last year with the Cyber-King, and the results were quite ugly....

drwho_xmas_cyberking.jpg

ok.. so is it vomiting a laser or dr who doing some kungfu laser palm into its mouth? eh guess either way its abit dirty.

Zoids are cool! Iron Kong PK and Death Saurer etc.

But they have their uglies as well.

Gentlemen, I present... Gravity Wolf!

gravityzoids65.jpg

Never seen this before. Does it kind of transform between a cycle mode and the wolf?

Just been googling images, but all I can find are ones of this toy, which looks like at most the wheels tilt back a bit.

It was one of those ripcord racers type thing. You lifted the feet off the ground, pulled the ripcord, then set it down and let it roll across the kitchen floor. It's basically a motorcycle with four kickstands.

Edited by one_klump

ok.. so is it vomiting a laser or dr who doing some kungfu laser palm into its mouth? eh guess either way its abit dirty.

Its sort of but not quite a kung-fu laser palm. :) I laughed like a loon when I saw that episode - "YES! Giant robots in Doctor Who! My life is complete!". [1]

[1] Okay, because I just know someone will mention "The Robot" - not for the first time.

Edited by F-ZeroOne

The pictures of the old series "Mighty Orbots", Its sad when you were a little of 80's you might have at one point though that was cool. Now those are some Fugly mecha designs!!!

Edited by 505thAirborne

The pictures of the old series "Mighty Orbots", Its sad when you were a little of 80's you might have at one point though that was cool. Now those are some Fugly mecha designs!!!
Who? This guy? mo2.gif

Granted, the individual Orbots are awful. But once merged, the big guy is pretty decent...albeit, blocky and simple.

c0045990_483defe122238.jpg

Not as bad as the Fiat Multipla :p

Wow...I never thought there'd be a car that was uglier than the Aztek. Of course, Fiat learned from this mistake and gave the Multipla a normal-looking front end a few years later, while the Aztek stayed ugly for at least three more years until GM finally came to their senses and axed it.

post-237-1237990945_thumb.jpg

post-237-1237990983_thumb.jpg

Oh, let's not go there...

Poseidon.jpg

Not actually too ugly, but the tripod is rather funky.

The Ares should have died with Clicky-tech. I think the CBT forums had more than couple of hate threads on that, including a few reasons why a three-legged mech was impractical.

That reminds me, my copy of TR:3075 has been on backorder forever . :wacko: [ Might as well just cancel that order... ]

Edited by Letigre

Oh, let's not go there...

--image censored--

Not actually too ugly, but the tripod is rather funky.

Wow that's rather cool, I wonder how that thing walk as it seems like it would tipped over each time it tries to :lol:

What we are not seeing is the jump jet on the underside of the mech that lets it hover while the feet flail wildly and kick enemy mechs that enter close combat.

The wrong evolution of a mecha-motorcycle...

zaborga.jpg

I LOVE mecha-motrcycles...

I appreciate, and a sometimes a huge victim of, nostalgia...

... but no. No, I can't like this... just can't...

EDIT:

On the other hand, the synopsis sounds brilliant:

Synopsis:

A bionic vigilante avenges the death of his scientist father by using his invention, a lethal transforming robot/motorcycle, to fight his murderers, the evil Sigma Organization led by the wheelchair-bound cyborg Dr. Akunomiya.

(from IMDb.com)

EDIT 2:

Damn you, Morpheus!!! Now I'm curious to see just how bad it is... I've googled it, looked for bittorrents of it, looked on eBay... damn you!!!

This is the really ugly thing, not the mecha itself, but what it does to your whole world.

Edited by RavenHawk

Wow that's rather cool, I wonder how that thing walk as it seems like it would tipped over each time it tries to :lol:

HOW DOES IT WALK?!? are it's feet all facing inward? and are those GUNS, on its KNEES?!?! :blink:

It's really, really slow. If you google up "mchwarrior ares" you'll find a "spy" video of it.

That reminds me, my copy of TR:3075 has been on backorder forever . :wacko: [ Might as well just cancel that order... ]

Probably. My FLGS has had a dead-tree copy sitting there forever...