1/48+fp's, 1/60, And 1/72 Picture Gallery Pt 4

Someone sure loves this bird. Looks okay, but I'm more into the old school as thats what era I grew up watching and playing with.

Of course I love this "bird" the VF-11 is my favorite Valkyrie next to the VF-1 ever since I first got vol. 1 of Macross Plus. the 1/60 scale is pretty solid and the detail outstanding dispite not having ball sockets in the shoulders and double jointed elbows. Which is one of the reasons why I did not purchase the 1/72 scale version.

Don't know why, but I look at this images in a different way...

Pilot swap!

pilots1.jpg

Isamu: ... too much whiskey on this party... gotta go home... HEY! this is not my alfa-one!!

Minmei: hi there... ^_^

pilots2.jpg

Hikaru:Finally!!! I got rid of her!!!

pilots3.jpg

Minmei: How many coool buttons!! Can't decide which to press first!! Let's see if the eject button starts the radiocassette!!

Edited by mcpaz

Here is my take. B))

Pilot swap!

Isamu stealing Minmei

pilots1.jpg

(Isamu)- *Hic*---man dawned one to many shots-*hey this ishnit my eleven, don't remember ever pilitoing a two seater :wacko:

(Minmay) Excuse me sir but whrre's Hikaru? :blink:

Hikaru on persuit

pilots2.jpg

(Hikaru) Hey give me back Minmay; hmmm, how do you turn this thing on? :huh:

!?

pilots3.jpg

Oh wow maybe I can be a better pilot than Hikaru and that guy. He nearly killed me crashing into that building back there. I wonder what this button does? :blink:

I apologize in advance for the lack of a more creative/better background and better lighting... (I was just bored and feeling lazy):

DYNAMIC POSE!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

(running to take the shot?)

***EDIT***

Aww crap... I thought this was the strike a pose thread (I fail...).

One day I'll have to get all my valks together and take a nice pic.

post-4919-1242962821_thumb.jpg

post-4919-1242962829_thumb.jpg

Edited by PsYcHoDyNaMiX

Finally I decided to put my photoshop skill to the test with my 11 in this position

100_1758.jpg

Hmm... Not too bad. The colors in the background complement the lighting somewhat, in that there is an orange source of light that could be reflecting off of some object etcetera.

My advice: Next time, do the exhaust effect with a lower opacity. That way, it's not just a whiteish blob being emitted, but a gaseous exhaust that can be seen through to an extent. Experiment with it.

Hmm... Not too bad. The colors in the background complement the lighting somewhat, in that there is an orange source of light that could be reflecting off of some object etcetera.

My advice: Next time, do the exhaust effect with a lower opacity. That way, it's not just a whiteish blob being emitted, but a gaseous exhaust that can be seen through to an extent. Experiment with it.

Thanks for the complement it hasbeen awhile since I done something that if any one remembers the VF-1S and A box art I did for a class project back in 03'. Now that I completed my DYRL Skull squadron I'm going to get back into it. oh yeah thet pesky orange lighting is from one of those energy efficient light bulbs under a lamp shade since my ceiling light had no bulbs and it was getting dark that was my only source of light. B))

Edited by VF-18S Hornet

See, if you use the lighting to your advantage, you can get a good image.

VF-18S Hornet, good efford for the photoshop. As SchizophrenicMC mention, take advantage with your light source. It is the first and the mist important thing to do. Beware the direction , angle and brightest of the lights. Secondly is the color, that you can fix that in the photoshop.

Here is my try, hope u don't mind. ;)

post-10429-1243196185_thumb.jpg

VF-18S Hornet, good efford for the photoshop. As SchizophrenicMC mention, take advantage with your light source. It is the first and the mist important thing to do. Beware the direction , angle and brightest of the lights. Secondly is the color, that you can fix that in the photoshop.

Yeah, you see. That is infinitely better.

I've never been good at doing thruster exhaust effects...

quote name='macrossnake' post='753769' date='May 24 2009, 03:16 PM']VF-18S Hornet, good efford for the photoshop. As SchizophrenicMC mention, take advantage with your light source. It is the first and the mist important thing to do. Beware the direction , angle and brightest of the lights. Secondly is the color, that you can fix that in the photoshop.

Yeah, you see. That is infinitely better.

I've never been good at doing thruster exhaust effects...

Not bad macrossnake and no I don't mind, I did after all created my first three threads not only to showcase our collections but to be creative and artistic with them. Don't feel bad SchizophenicMC I too had a hard time with my VF-1 box designs back in college with the thruster effects. Anyway I did re-work the thruster effects on my 11B and decided to add an outer-glow to the thuster exhaust on the foot, booster, and vernier thrusters ^_^

VF-11-in-space.jpg[

Edited by VF-18S Hornet

quote name='macrossnake' post='753769' date='May 24 2009, 03:16 PM']VF-18S Hornet, good efford for the photoshop. As SchizophrenicMC mention, take advantage with your light source. It is the first and the mist important thing to do. Beware the direction , angle and brightest of the lights. Secondly is the color, that you can fix that in the photoshop.

Not bad macrossnake and no I don't mind, I did after all created my first three threads not only to showcase our collections but to be creative and artistic with them. Don't feel bad SchizophenicMC I too had a hard time with my VF-1 box designs back in college with the thruster effects. Anyway I did re-work the thruster effects on my 11B and decided to add an outer-glow to the thuster exhaust on the foot, booster, and vernier thrusters ^_^

VF-11-in-space.jpg[

A nifty little bonus tip is that you can free-select the lights on the wings and use about a 22% opacity eraser on the selection, giving you a clouded see-through effect, so you can see the background slightly through the light housings.

And I forgot all about HSL, Snake. That's another great way to help it out.

In the attached, I applied a -55% Saturation value to the image. Cleared that yellow light right up. If there are areas of color you want to preserve, make sure to copy them over to a layer above the Sat-affected layer.

post-9357-1243226653_thumb.png

I love my toys...

med_gallery_4840_93_853773.jpg

I always wanted one of these. Though as much as I love taking advantage of Cast off features, I always thought this one looked odd in just underwear, tattered uniform and the full BFG works better.

I always wanted one of these. Though as much as I love taking advantage of Cast off features, I always thought this one looked odd in just underwear, tattered uniform and the full BFG works better.

I totally agree with you. She is much hotter with the clothes on (not joking). I was trying an experiment with this one trying to make it look like a real bombshell on the VF-1.....

Awesome VF-25S Super Messiah pics!

What I have at the moment - dont mind the Transformers, they need to make the shelves look full :p

P1050150.jpg

P1050151.jpg

Now all I need the 1/60 chogokin Armored Ozma and I will be in Shangri-la :p

Edited by TCracker

Anyway I did re-work the thruster effects on my 11B and decided to add an outer-glow to the thuster exhaust on the foot, booster, and vernier thrusters ^_^

Yeah well, I got bored. Turned out to be a few hours of effort:

VF-11FB.jpg

Many things I'm not happy about, and a lot of mistakes, but hey, you learn from those...

EDIT: Youch! U/led the wrong file -- screwed a layer up and exported the wrong file. Should be fixed now..

Edited by Lynx7725