GATTAI?!

RedWolf

I've longed for some line art of this mecha, ever since M3 was released.

I think only one peice of line art has ever been published so far.

IIRC, it was for a very rare promotional poster. Possibly Nanashi may have it, or I may be remembering completely incorrectly.

Graham

There certainly looks to be some design similarities, with the Alpha being smaller and more fighter-like and the Beta being more B-2/ Bomber-like.

Well, yeah...but there are only so many ways to do a combination mecha without it becoming rather ridiculous. I think it's more a case of practicality than plagiarism.

I may be remembering wrongly, but IIRC, I think that combining mecha was designed by Miyatake, not Kawaori.

Graham

Interesting if it is.

I'm getting the vibe that Shaishuuheiki are elements of reimagined Zentradi mecha.

Upper fighter- Glaug Booster

fighter1a.jpg

glaug-booster_small.gif

Middle fighter - Gnerl Fighter Pod

fighter2b.jpg

gnerl_small.gif

Lower legs fighter - Reguld

fighter3c.jpg

reguld_small.gif

Its combined form to me is a looks like a Nousjadeul-Ger.

Shaishuuheiki.jpg

nousjadeul-ger_small.gifnousjadeul-ger-dyrl_small.gif

If so this mecha must be at least as big as Konig Monster in battroid mode.

Interesting if it is.

I'm getting the vibe that Shaishuuheiki are elements of reimagined Zentradi mecha.

(...)

"Saishūheiki" (Saishuuheiki

最終兵器

The Latest (Last) Weapon/Arm(mament)

The component elements parts looks spot on.

"Saishūheiki" (Saishuuheiki

最終兵器

The Latest (Last) Weapon/Arm(mament)

The component elements parts looks spot on.

Indeed this guy is the most unique enemy in Macross that it is an almagam of Zentradi mechs. But I hope we got a more formal name than latest/ultimate weapon.

I'm more inclined to think this thing is automated than piloted.

• 6 months later...
I've longed for some line art of this mecha, ever since M3 was released.

I think only one peice of line art has ever been published so far.

IIRC, it was for a very rare promotional poster. Possibly Nanashi may have it, or I may be remembering completely incorrectly.

Graham

Actually you're right.

post-9033-1255400841_thumb.jpg

Those arm beam cannons resemble Macross Quarter's guns. Missile rack at the back ala Queadluun. And one gun in the middle like the Nousjadeul-Ger.

Actually you're right.

post-9033-1255400841_thumb.jpg

Those arm beam cannons resemble Macross Quarter's guns. Missile rack at the back ala Queadluun. And one gun in the middle like the Nousjadeul-Ger.

ok, that is officialy the coolest thing ever :blink:

I was just checking the old Compendium about the cast. (I was looking for bridge bunny names)

When I came across this.

http://macross.anime.net/production/software/index.html

Macross M3

Features Regult, Glaug, Tomahawk, Defender, Phalanx, Gnerl, four new variable craft (VF-9, VF-14, VF-3000, Variable Graug) and entirely new concept mecha (U.N. insectoid bioweapons developed from Protoculture genetic technology and Zentradi final weapon with two different combining mecha modes depending on ending)

Two additional mecha for Free Mission mode available via password from Get! Valkyrie Quiz Campaign using network feature (quiz available after episode 8-2b ending)

Wait there is two different combining mecha modes?! Am I interpreting this wrong?

Wait there is two different combining mecha modes?! Am I interpreting this wrong?

It's extremely badly parsed. So it could mean that the combined mecha has two different modes depending on the ending, or that two different mecha combine into one and you only get to see it in one of the (2?) different endings.

I think its a major design flaw to have a unit in three seprate parts,i dont see the practablity in it,one part gets blown away there goes a whole combat mech. And i doubt they each have the weapons or manuverabilty to evade attacks before getting assembled. the finished product looks nice,but if it comes together like a mega-zord or voltron i think id rather send a sqd of regulds or quad's instead.

Edited by Vepariga

• 2 weeks later...
Isn't Ghost (forgot what model) the final boss of VF-X2? It was pretty standard VF vs. Ghost-AI deal. :rolleyes:

AIF9B, formerly known as the X-9. Basicallly what Battle Galaxy did. You'll have to fight them and Syun Tohma to attack Battle 13.

In Macross VF-X the enemy is a Feios Valkyrie. Which also was an enemy valkyrie in VF-X2.

post-9033-1256516492_thumb.pngpost-9033-1256517192_thumb.png

While in Macross Plus you'll have to fight the Sharon Apple controlled Neo Glaug.

neoglaug-gerwalk_small.gifneoglaug-fighter_small.gif

In Macross M3 the Zentradi Variable Glaug is an enemy. A Valkyrie buit for giant Zentradi to pilot.

vglaug-battroid_small.gifvglaug-gerwalk_small.gifvglaug-fighter_small.gif

Too bad you'll never see these guys as an enemy in a Macross TV series or film.

They along along with the Zentradi Final Weapon have a mono-eye as a common characteristic.

I was speaking more of the vertical and side scrolling videos games with their bizarre stage bosses.

You mean like the giant embryo that turned into a green goblin as the final boss for Scrambled Valkyrie? Is it really more bizarre than space whale or Vajra? :lol:

http://macross.anime.net/wiki/2030

April

# M3 Episode 8 Dancing Skull

* [interception] Battle Over Susia

o The Dancing Skull special forces team intercept two aerial attacks on the U.N. headquarters on the planet Susia, including one by three unidentified Zentradi combining units.

o After the completion of the operation, the two [Jeniuses] are granted special leave.

Given what is written on the old site and this I guess you'll either face one or the other of the units then it would later combine.