Macross Chronicle: Rip it apart? Or not?

ff95gj

Macross Chronicle: Rip it apart? Or not?  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Will you tear off the pages and categorize them as it is designed so?

• Yes, it is easier to read that way
    • No, I want to keep it intact
    • It has already fallen apart
    • What? It is meant to be torn apart?

I am sorry if this has been asked a dozen times... But I choose to be splitted on rather than going through 34 pages in the other thread.

I am unsure what I should do now: should I remove the pages and file them into the Macross binder?

^_^ I like the way it now looks, just like a set of nicely printed magazines.

:blink: However, it is difficult to read as one article (say, the VF-1S) is scattered in multiple issues.

^_^ The binder looks nice.

:blink: The binder is so expensive, and it takes more than one eventually (if not already).

Edited by ff95gj

RIIIIIIIIIPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP it apart! Yeah, baby, yeah.

FYI: if the binder is too expensive, purchase another 3-ring binder from your local stationary store that better suits your wallet.

I just got issues 1-15 yesterday, and I set to work tearing them all apart and organizing them into the binder right away. It was kinda fun :)

I just wish I had known to order a second binder. I had to leave out all the character sheets to get everything else to fit into the one.

I have the first 10 issues separated and organized into one binder. The next six issues are still intact since I neglected to ask my friend to pick me up a second binder. This weekend, I plan to buy a second binder to hold me over until my friend goes back to Japan.

My only complaint about Chronicles is how everything jumps around.

I've ripped each issue apart and each page has been inserted into a plastic page cover (three-ring) before being collected into a binder. Done this before and it works brilliantly, nicely preserving each page for years.

Thanks for the tip!

I would certainly follow that if I am to tear the pages out.

BTW, so one binder would hold 10 issues?

More binders with the plastic cover... :o

Edited by ff95gj

Thanks for the tip!

I would certainly follow that if I am to tear the pages out.

BTW, so one binder would hold 10 issues?

More binders with the plastic cover... :o

You're welcome.

With plastic covers, one binder will hold 8 issues. So you'll be required to buy one or two more binders. However, I'm likely going to buy larger, non-Macross binders so I can fit 12-15 fully protected issues per binder. Preferably, I'll purchase binders with transparent sleeves upon the exterior, so I can slide the cover of the first issue inside the front panel of each binder. Aside from the artwork, the Macross binders really have zero utility in that respect, so I've not had a mind to purchase any more such Chronicle-specific binders. Perhaps I'll buy a second Macross binder for the last issues and shelve it at the end of the stack. The first Macross binder and the last Macross binder with a set of larger black binders in the middle, each Macross binder acting as "book ends" of a sort :)

I really like how my two MC binders look next to each other. So it's gonna be binder 1- mecha, binder 2- characters, binder 3- timeline/history, binder 4- technology/worlds, binder 5- art/songs/merchandise. I'm guessing that they'll include those binder stickers 3 and 4 in issue 21.

I flatten the covers separately and then stick on a clear plastic filing strip along the spine. The strips come with punched holes to fit a variety of binder formats. Eventually, I'll probably file them away with the 'special sheets'. Here's a random link to the strips I'm using:

http://www.office365.co.uk/Files-Pockets-B...ling-Strips.htm

Note: the brand is '3L', LOL.

Edited by drifand

Many thanks for everyone who throw in their thoughts.

I would most probably do the job when all issues are released. The articles are not complete now anyways, well-filed or otherwise. B))

It seems to be a long way to go though. Anyone has an updated number on the total issues?

Many thanks for everyone who throw in their thoughts.

I would most probably do the job when all issues are released. The articles are not complete now anyways, well-filed or otherwise. B))

It seems to be a long way to go though. Anyone has an updated number on the total issues?

Nope. The website still has room for fifty issues, but I don't think that number is set in stone. IIRC, the Gundam one was slated for 100 issues, but ended up being 150.

Anyway, if your copies of Chronicle are anything like mine, you'll find that if you flip through them a fair amount, the pages will start to come out on their own. At least, that's what happened with my first issue, since it was a couple of weeks before I got the binder.

Yes, heed the words of Mr March. Doing one issue with care to avoid creases etc takes over 30 minutes, especially if you also want to apply ring-protectors (3 per page). Trying to do more than 3 issues together will leave you frustrated and careless.