Iron Man 2 (Scarlett Johansson as Black Widow!)

EXO

First they made the goofy almost spandex like armor of the comics look like a real suit of hi-tech awesome armor and now they top that making the cheesy suitcase armor work in the real world. Bravo people, you have my money.

My theory is that Whiplash sold the plans for his recreated reactor to anyone with money. Add to that with the Iron Monger blueprints undoubtaly on file somewhere...

I gathered from the resent trailer Tony beats Whiplash at the Race track and is arrested and Hammer arranges for Bail or something Dushbagery and offers to develop a suit in exchange for the reactor blue prints.

I gathered from the resent trailer Tony beats Whiplash at the Race track and is arrested and Hammer arranges for Bail or something Dushbagery and offers to develop a suit in exchange for the reactor blue prints.

I know! This'll teach me to make mindless speculations based on two minutes of footage! ^_^

oh man... thanks for ruining it for me, next thing you're gonna tell me is that Natasha Romanoff and Whiplash are somehow connected because they are both Russians and it's all a intertwined plot to steal the IM technology... :p

oh man... thanks for ruining it for me, next thing you're gonna tell me is that Natasha Romanoff and Whiplash are somehow connected because they are both Russians and it's all a intertwined plot to steal the IM technology... :p

I blame EXO for this. Ruin the movie 2 months before it comes out... *grumble grumble* <_<

• 1 month later...

Iron Man 2 should be exactly what we expect from a standard sequel, only with the same advantages that distinguished the first film from lesser competitors. I can understand critics being underwhelmed by more of the same, even if the sequel is well accomplished in its familiarity. Personally, I think IM2 looks worth a shot, but I'd like to believe my expectations are on the level for the sequel.

First they made the goofy almost spandex like armor of the comics look like a real suit of hi-tech awesome armor

I know you're talking about the old school look, but the movie armor is based heavily on the Extremis armor from the comics. They even hired Adi Granov as a conceptual artist for the first movie.

Extremis is a pretty good story, too. I recommend picking up the trade paperback if you're interested.

I know you're talking about the old school look, but the movie armor is based heavily on the Extremis armor from the comics. They even hired Adi Granov as a conceptual artist for the first movie.

Extremis is a pretty good story, too. I recommend picking up the trade paperback if you're interested.

Eh... as a long-time Iron Man fan, I can't stand Granov's overly digital painted art, the overall suit style, or the Extremis story. It made Stark one big Macguffin for too long.

movie Stark acts a bit too.... Bruce Wayne for me and isn't as... Howard Hughes'ish as he should be, but hopefully he'll get there.

I'm a great fan of IronMan, I have its comics books even before I learn to read! So I'm very excited about this movie, I expect to wach it on monday (here in Chile, the premiere is today)

Eh... as a long-time Iron Man fan, I can't stand Granov's overly digital painted art, the overall suit style, or the Extremis story. It made Stark one big Macguffin for too long.

The extremis story was good. It made Stark think about how far is too far. I think them taking the the extremis abilities away and moving back to him reliant upon the arc reactor in his chest was stupid.

Personally I don't like the Ultimate Iron Man armor.

Nothing in the Marvel Universe can top the first Iron Man movie, but this one is pretty close. It's more of an action film than the first and Don Cheadle does a way better job as James Rhodes than Terrance Howard did. Mickey Rourke was also great as a villain. Scarlett Johansson wasn't too bad, but there really wasn't enough of her in the film.

Overall, I give this film a B+.

BTW, stay after the credits.