Iron Man 2 (Scarlett Johansson as Black Widow!)

EXO

Well in the reports, they said that Rhodey had a bigger part in the first movie, but was drastically cut down due to how bad he was. He was the highest paid actor in the movie and turned in a lackluster performance.

How could he be the highest paid actor in the film? He's not Gwinny or RDJ...

And yeah, looking back he probably was the weakest part of the film, which is a shame because Rhodey is one of my favorite second-tier characters and really deserves to be treated well, as he has taken over the comic's duties as main man multiple times.

Now if they hadn't ruined Rhodey in the current Marvel U...

How could he be the highest paid actor in the film? He's not Gwinny or RDJ...

And yeah, looking back he probably was the weakest part of the film, which is a shame because Rhodey is one of my favorite second-tier characters and really deserves to be treated well, as he has taken over the comic's duties as main man multiple times.

If memory serves me, Terence Howard was the first actor signed up for the part in the first movie. I heard he was paid more than Downey. His role was bigger but they scaled it back. But that's between Favreau and Howard.

• 3 weeks later...

RE:

My problem with Scarlet Johaneson is just the opposite.

I think she's a fabulous actress. I loved her in Lost in Translation, and I thought she was supreme in Woody Allen's Scoop (great movie, by the way, for anyone who likes her - go check it out!).

Sadly, I find her completely unattractive.

Now, Iron Man seems to be a movie that could use some attractive girls whose acting skills are not up to par.

Que Jennifer Aniston.

I'd rather watch her.

Pete

She can only "act" when she is playing herself, as in Lost in Translation and Ghost World. Try choking down any movie where she is pretending to be someone else, like Black Dahlia. She's HORRIBLE.

I just wanted to take a moment to smile in appreciation for what appears to be an addition in the Rules and Guidelines thread inspired by little old me:

Spamming.

The following is a (non-exhaustive) list of what may be considered spamming:

* Creating a new topic in order to draw attention to another topic.

* Responding to a post in another topic by creating a new topic.

* Creating several new topics at once. If you have multiple questions, please group them under one topic.

* Making short or non-sensical responses in order to increase your post count.

* Commercial (standard) spam.

* Jennifer Aniston

Ok - I promise I'll never mention her again :)

Pete

I dunno... when I read the comics, I still hear basic Natasha Russian... it's better than the accent they had for her in the old 70's cartoon. Even in the latest Deadpool issue with the other Black Widow, I had a blast imagining all her lines as R&B Natasha.

• 3 weeks later...
Terrence Howard explains why he's not in the upcoming movie:

Terrence Howard: Iron Man Execs Made "Very, Very Bad Choice"

Hmmm. This does not bode well. It seems as if they're trying to pad the movie with bigger names. But why would they do that? The first movie did well enough they shouldn't need to resort to padding the film with big names to make it work.

Don Cheadle is good but I just don't see him as War Machine material unfortunately.

Vostok 7

• 1 month later...
Hmmm. This does not bode well. It seems as if they're trying to pad the movie with bigger names. But why would they do that? The first movie did well enough they shouldn't need to resort to padding the film with big names to make it work.

Don Cheadle is good but I just don't see him as War Machine material unfortunately.

Vostok 7

Bigger names? Terrence Howard was the latest new thing in Hollywood when they casted IM1. He had just starred in Crash and Hustle and Flow. I still believe that he just wasn't good enough for the role. I don't see Gwyneth bowing out of her role if she was screwed as he was allegedly. Besides, the director is a famous actor, why would he let other actors get treated unfairly. That article was total publicity smokescreen.

• 1 month later...

Well I just finished watching G4's coverage of today's San Deigo Comic Con and one of the announcements was the production of the second Iron Man movie.

It's official, Mikey Rourke is going to make an appearance as the villian Whiplash. I do have a question, though.

Isn't the real name for that character Backlash???!!!

Your thoughts?

Edited by Wanzerfan

My problem with Scarlet Johaneson is just the opposite.

I think she's a fabulous actress. I loved her in Lost in Translation, and I thought she was supreme in Woody Allen's Scoop (great movie, by the way, for anyone who likes her - go check it out!).

Sadly, I find her completely unattractive.

Now, Iron Man seems to be a movie that could use some attractive girls whose acting skills are not up to par.

Que Jennifer Aniston.

I'd rather watch her.

Pete

Aniston is too old.

What about Jessica Biel.. her in tight pants woudl look good

I think she was doing that straight to DVD stripper movie she starred in.

• 2 weeks later...

This question may be a little out of Left Field, but at end of the first movie he revealed to the world that he was Iron Man. Did Tony Stark do the same in the comics?

This question comes directly from the pitching rubber to the plate: Is Mandarin going to make an appearance in the second movie or is that slated for #3? I hope they get Jet Li to play him, that would be awesome.

Don Cheadle is War Machine??? He doesn't seems to have the 'hardcore' look if u ask me, he speaks too softly, always has a warm smile in his face... <_<

Well...Terence Howard was dropped from the series so yes, Don Cheadle is Jim Rhodes/War Machine.

I don't know if you heard what Don Cheadle told Starkin the hearings... I'm him, I'm here... DEAL WITH IT!!!

They said during the panel that Mandarin will be slightly part of the 2nd movie but not prominent... I guess it's a build up.

War Machine looked cool.

Watch the panel.

Heh, war machine doesn't need a hard core look once James is inside the suit! All the bad guys' gotta be worried about are those bullets. I wonder if they'll follow up with war machine taking over Iron Man's job while Tony Starks goes to alcohol rehab.

Either way, we need more women in skimpy outfits dancing around a pole!

• 3 months later...