28 minutes ago, Sandman said:

Bought the rx-93 NuGundam robot spirits at hobby search which was on sale for almost half off on the 17th. I received it on the 19th. Amazing! I don't even know how that is possible. First time buying anything from hobby search too.

that's faster than "Processing your item for shipping" from some other store. 

I saw numerous FigInStock notification for Sazabi Formania EX. It looks like the interest for that is not that high or will what happened before will repeat? (people ignored it due to high cost and when people want one, price is already higher)

2 hours ago, Kanedas Bike said:

^got excited and thought that was a Metal Build when I saw the pic.

Let out an immediate "oh" when I read "GFF". lol

-b.

Its suppose to be a mix metal composite so maybe itll have more metal than the unicorns.  At least it has a MB display stand .

32 minutes ago, F360 said:

Its suppose to be a mix metal composite so maybe itll have more metal than the unicorns.  At least it has a MB display stand .

Ah okay.

I'll be on the lookout for more info.

Thank you sir!

-b.

So why did they choose the G.F.F branding over the G.F.F.M.C? will it still be large scale? From the pics the stand looks like it will be around the size of other toys in the GFFMC or Metal Build. I find it so odd that they did this instead of just going to Metal Build with this release. I'll probably get one anyway if it's large scale and good quality though.

What are the current premium figure lines, and what's the difference between them? I remember there being just GFF way back in the day for Gundam, Yamato for Macross, etc. Now there's Metal Build, DX Chogokin, GFFMC even though GFF still exists(?), GFF Next...

Anyone care to explain why Bandai has so many different lines and what the differences are between all of them?

And now mixing lines with this newest GFFMC WZC feat. MB? What's next, GFF Next MC RX-0 starring Real Grade MB/Hi-Res feat. Perfect MG "Accelerate Evolution"?

Edited by kajnrig

3 hours ago, Sandman said:

So what is the next metal build coming out? I don't want to miss out this time.

You mean like the next release? or the next preorder date.  

there's no date for preorder yet,  not even sure what's opening for preorder next.

MB Arbalest (not a gundam)

MB gundam 00 quanta

MB/MC/GFF Wing gundam?

for what's coming out soon

http://tamashii.jp/item_brand/metal_build/?wovn=en

July - Double O Gundam Seven Sword / G 

September - Gundam Astray Red frame R

3 hours ago, kajnrig said:

What are the current premium figure lines, and what's the difference between them? I remember there being just GFF way back in the day for Gundam, Yamato for Macross, etc. Now there's Metal Build, DX Chogokin, GFFMC even though GFF still exists(?), GFF Next...

Anyone care to explain why Bandai has so many different lines and what the differences are between all of them?

And now mixing lines with this newest GFFMC WZC feat. MB? What's next, GFF Next MC RX-0 starring Real Grade MB/Hi-Res feat. Perfect MG "Accelerate Evolution"?

pretty much it's 

http://tamashii.jp/item_brand/metal_build/?wovn=en

Metal Build /around 1/100 scale (lots of diecast/ mostly metal frame with plastic armor, highly detailed, very possible, more styling design changes )

http://tamashii.jp/item_brand/gugundam_fix_figuration_metal/?wovn=en

Metal Composite / around 1/100 scale (beside the RX-78-2 Origin, the newer ones does not have many diecast.  It's like a prebuild , highly detail ver KA with some metal joints and parts. Transformation or sliding opening panels seems to be their gimmick. 

http://tamashii.jp/item_brand/metal_robot_tamashii/?wovn=en

Metal Robot / around 1/144 scale ( robot damashii action figures with metal joints and highly detail, kinda like a mini Metal build)

FORMANIA EX - http://tamashii.jp/item_brand/formania_ex/?wovn=en

Bandai is very adventurous and really does like to try out new things, see if this works, see if that works, no good, ok how about this.  I would prefer that they focus a bit more on things before moving to the next one.

10 hours ago, F360 said:

Metal Build /around 1/100 scale (lots of diecast/ mostly metal frame with plastic armor, highly detailed, very possible, more styling design changes )

Metal Composite / around 1/100 scale (beside the RX-78-2 Origin, the newer ones does not have many diecast.  It's like a prebuild , highly detail ver KA with some metal joints and parts. Transformation or sliding opening panels seems to be their gimmick.

Thanks for the info. I remember the Metal Build Laevatein released a while back. I wasn't a fan of the as you say styling design changes they made to it, but I'm glad to see the Arbalest getting a MB release as well.

When did GFF start going up in scale? I remember them being around 1/144 scale, and always thought of them as top-tier MSIA Gundam toys. I guess I just always assumed they had stuck to that scale.

35 minutes ago, kajnrig said:

When did GFF start going up in scale? I remember them being around 1/144 scale, and always thought of them as top-tier MSIA Gundam toys. I guess I just always assumed they had stuck to that scale.

Regular GFF's are still 1/144 atleast. If the release is a GFF Metal Composite, then it's going to be 1/100.

F360 already revealed it was Endless Waltz Wing Zero. XD

You can see the feathered wings, shoulder detail and V fin clearly. Bandai ain't fooling anyone with that darkened image. haha

5927a05752aa5_2017-05-2613_23_30-Clipboard.png.9de1e39eec1084b4ce9da81a74107dbd.png

I'm interested in that Meer Campbell. Woooo!

Edited by eggy99

I find it very strange that Bandai opted to make both a Hi-resolution and GFFMC Wing Zero EW figures, considering that both lines (arguably) cater to the same market-base. 

I'll definitely be in for a GFFMC version though, as I prefer the more canonical design presented here to the Hi-resolution variant.  

1 hour ago, eggy99 said:

snip

Yeah, i was being facetious. :D

32 minutes ago, Archer said:

I find it very strange that Bandai opted to make both a Hi-resolution and GFFMC Wing Zero EW figures, considering that both lines (arguably) cater to the same market-base. 

I'll definitely be in for a GFFMC version though, as I prefer the more canonical design presented here to the Hi-resolution variant.  

What's the price range of Metal Builds? GFFMCs? I know the Hi-Res Barbatos was ~15000JPY (~150 USD/Euro), and the Wing Zero is right around the same. At that price point, I wonder if it wouldn't be more economical to just get the GFFMC (or the PG, which offers a significantly larger model).

As for canonicity, apparently the Hi-res is based on the latest "tweak" to the Wing Zero from the Gundam Wing manga retelling, Glory of the Defeated. The beefy proportions are a Hi-Res flourish, but it's more or less a canon design, just one that not many fans outside of Japan have seen. I asked about it as well, since the first images of the Hi-Res looked so alien to me. The answer I got, from two people:

The Wing Zero EW angel wings are originally the same wings from the Tallgeese Flugel for GoL's continuity.

In Katoki's newer drawings of the Wing Zero EW, he is combining aspects from the Proto Zero's (Wing Zero TV) design such as the rectangular sensors on the chest next to the search eye, and new head years to differentiate from the Wing Gundam EW.  At this point the Wing Zero EW is more than just a pallete swap Wing Gundam EW with a different backpack.

WZC 2.0 is interesting was to differentiate the design.

When WZC first appeared on the Cover of Frozen Teardrop it's design was largely unchanged, just revised in portions.

When WZC Zero first appeared in the GOL Manga it's design was changed to match the RG kits (specifically the panel lines and wings) The wing's depending on how there drawn bounce back and foruth due to the nature of the floaty feather design and artistic liberties.

When Zero swapped over to Heero in Vol.10 of GOL it got some more changes.

1. More ear fins, The blue part of the ears slide open and white fins protrude.
2. The search eye, slightly opens up refealing side details. 
3. Green side chest lens similar to proto zero.

8xos4k.jpg

Were still 2-3 months out from Vol 12 of GOL it seems so who know whats in store.

@Kajnrig. In short, the design for the Hi-RM WZC is using the current design elements from the GOL manga and then taking steroids. Similar to the Hi-RM Barbatos, the Metal Build Destiny Gundam, or even the "Extra Fit" resin kit designs. They are reworking them to there own design flavor. I don't expect the Hi-RM to ever appear in GOL because of how far away it is from Katoki's artwork style. Neverless it is still very cool to see something different than the tiny chages that WZC normally gets from modelers.

54 minutes ago, Eslim109 said:

What are people's opinions about the quality of a GFF Metal Composite gundam?

Do you prefer them over the Metal Build gundam line?

It's kinda hard to answer this one. I like the Metal Build one just because they're heavy and it's cool looking. But do note that they have different models (Mobile Suits) for each line so it's really hard to compare. Most people say that the GFFMC Unicorn looks good though it has issues in articulation. Whereas the GFFMC RX-78 Origin seems like a hit to everyone. Good sculpt. Great details. And good articulation to boot. Now it would be nice to see a RX-78 on Metal Build so it will have more diecast content IMO.

Now, why I ended up liking the Metal Builds? Because there's no Setsuna Mobile Suits available in GFFMC line.

So it really depends on which Gundam Mobile Suits you want. If you like the upcoming Wing Zero and it's not available in Metal Build, then your only choice is the GFFMC. Unless, you want to wait years first until hopefully they announce a Metal Build counterpart knowing that the GFFMC Wing Zero price is already gone up. Price point-wise, I think basic releases is not far off form each other. Though Metal Build releases tends to end up cost more since they offer Option Parts almost the same price as the actual figure. ^_^

Edited by no3Ljm

1 hour ago, Eslim109 said:

What are people's opinions about the quality of a GFF Metal Composite gundam?

Do you prefer them over the Metal Build gundam line?

My preference are the Metal Build gundams. I have handled GFFMC and Metal Builds, and to me the Metal Builds feel alot sturdier. The plastic seems stronger and able to be pose without a fear of breaking. And the weight with the Metal Builds is amazing, we are paying a lot for those figures but they feel worth it. The GFFMC are nice, no question, but to me they have less play value. They seem like they are going to break if handled too much. The plastic quality also seems thinner. 

Has anyone else noticed that or is it just me?

No3Ljm does make a good point with each line they have specific suits and they haven't crossed. Metal Builds have done Seed and 00 suits were as GFFMC has done mostly U.C suits, F91 being the exception. So if you like the Wing Gundam GFFMC, buy it. I doubt it will come out as a Metal Build. I would have preferred it as a Metal Build myself but I am definitely pre-ordering it.