11 hours ago, hachi said:

So they only take paypal? And $33 shipping fee per package? Looks like I'll stick with NY etc. And why is there asia in the url when they only ship to USA/Canada...

Its more like $33 per monthly shipment .  So you can add all the items that releases on the same month for the same cost.  And with the $20 off right now its pretty damn good.  Metal build + Option parts+ option parts for $13 shipped by fedex.

when it was announced, I actually went to look up the website and its located in HK. With the same web info as their p-bandai HK.

all the items are going to be shipped from hong kong too.  

I'm late to the game for the metal composite series. Finally got my rx-79-02 gundam the orgin metal composite reissue a few months back. It's been sitting in my private warehouse since feb but got it this weekend. I have to say i'm impressed, exceeded all my expectations. I didn't know anything about the metal composite series at all and this purchase was totally an impulse buy. I was so enthralled by this figure, i just looked at it and handled it for 2 hours. Didn't even put any accessories on it yet except for the backpack.

I'm so impressed i want to get more. Doing some googling it seems like the selection isn't great and they hard to come by now. Is this line dead? Couldn't find any info on any future releases. And why is the selection so limited for what is out? Don't really care about the unicorn mecha. And why the zeta variants but not the actually zeta from the show. Many Psycho gundams but no Gundam mk2 with g-defensor?

Then there is these metal build figures. From what i've been able to gather online Metal builds and composites are the same thing just composite is UC only? Can anyone clarify this to me? Also am i going going to have to go through preoorder madness like bandai dxs to get these things?

The RX-79-02 is build more like a Metal Build figure than the Fix Figuration Metal Composite one. 

So if you want more of that feeling you should be getting into the Metal Build line....

...well you probably shouldn't since the preorder slots are similar limited than the Bandai DX Valkyries. Which means that you're probably awake when the clock hits 4PM in Japan bashing the f5 key.

From my experience the preorder window is marginally wider. This might be because toy import shops (BBTS, TFSource, etc.) also provide preorders for the MG and Metal Composite toys since they can sell Gundams without getting HG involved.

I can also vouch for RX-78-2 The Origin GFF MC being amazing! Lots of swappable parts, fantastic articulation, and amazing detail. It's in line with how good the Metal Builds were in that period. Granted Metal Build line has improved since then, but that isn't to say this still isn't an amazing piece to have in your collection.

All the GFF MC releases weren't great. Very limited articulation, and they felt just like 1/100 versions of the original GFF line, but with better materials.

It is surprising that Bandai put out so many GFF MC Unicorn releases under the same mold, because it was quite terrible. Bandai don't care... they still sold LOTS of them, as it seems Unicorn Gundam is more popular than the RX-78-2 now.

I think GFF MC line will disappear now and will only be Metal Build line, since they released the F91 under the MB label, which we would have assumed would be released as a GFF MC.

I'm still waiting for a MB Perfect Strike Gundam. :p

Also a Force Impulse would be cool too.

3 hours ago, eggy99 said:

I can also vouch for RX-78-2 The Origin GFF MC being amazing! Lots of swappable parts, fantastic articulation, and amazing detail. It's in line with how good the Metal Builds were in that period. Granted Metal Build line has improved since then, but that isn't to say this still isn't an amazing piece to have in your collection.

All the GFF MC releases weren't great. Very limited articulation, and they felt just like 1/100 versions of the original GFF line, but with better materials.

It is surprising that Bandai put out so many GFF MC Unicorn releases under the same mold, because it was quite terrible. Bandai don't care... they still sold LOTS of them, as it seems Unicorn Gundam is more popular than the RX-78-2 now.

I think GFF MC line will disappear now and will only be Metal Build line, since they released the F91 under the MB label, which we would have assumed would be released as a GFF MC.

I'm still waiting for a MB Perfect Strike Gundam. :p

Also a Force Impulse would be cool too.

I want a Metal Build Justice Gundam!

Edited by Scyla

1 hour ago, Scyla said:

I want a Metal Build Justice Gundam!

I reckon a MB Aegis (perfect transformation) would be the BOMB! I'd buy 2 of those just to pose in robot and waverider mode (is it called waverider in SEED or is that strictly a Zeta term?)

28 minutes ago, Sandman said:

I'm guessing perorders are all gone for it now?

26 minutes ago, F360 said:

Yeah it sold out faster than macross .  But near release you should see more opening, especially from usa stores.

i got 5 7S on pre-order, i'm not taking any chances. 

Edited by davidwhangchoi

On 4/28/2017 at 8:32 AM, hachi said:

So they only take paypal? And $33 shipping fee per package? Looks like I'll stick with NY etc. And why is there asia in the url when they only ship to USA/Canada...

Dang, just caught up with this news, missed the $20 promo.  Still ordered a red frame though...