Jump to content

Gundam Figure Thread - Newtype GN-002


Recommended Posts

http://tamashii.jp/special/metalbuild/astraea/?wovn=en

Well the Metal Build Astraea is on the "I MUST BUY IT!" list. I was interested in getting it when Bandai made the announcement a couple of months ago but wasn't completely sold. In the manga the suit gradually gains more equipment which is a key part in story and makes this Gundam special. Since Bandai is including every single piece from the manga plus some (I don't remember if the suit having four shields or two proto-GN Swords) I am definitely pre-ordering it.

Bandai made the right move waiting two or three years to release this figure and did not release the different weapons as "sets". It is always appreciated when Bandai does not hold back on the accessorizes for these expensive figures. The number of different options and no worrying of "will there be other weapon sets later or reissues that includes different weapons" makes the price worth it. 

This is going to be another Metal Build figure that I am really looking forward to. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Oooooh! I so WANT it! Hope there's an Avalanche Dash Weapon set soon. :wub:

mb_astraeaTypeF.thumb.jpg.56d611de08654c24caf2e5ab1200f700.jpg

As much as I hate to pay it in advance since it's TWE, I'm super thankful that it's TWE. :yahoo: 

I'm going to be on a vacation during the PO start date and scared that I won't be able to get one. But this way, I can. I just need to pay it in advance. :rolleyes:

 

Edited by no3Ljm
Link to comment
Share on other sites

So the preorders start on the 15th November at 3 PM Tokyo time? Will it be hard to get. I ask because I never ordered a Metal Build TWE exclusive but every time I was interested the preorders seem to be sold out way before release unlike the Macross TWE items.

What other shops besides PBandai and NY are selling this?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Scyla said:

So the preorders start on the 15th November at 3 PM Tokyo time? Will it be hard to get. I ask because I never ordered a Metal Build TWE exclusive but every time I was interested the preorders seem to be sold out way before release unlike the Macross TWE items.

What other shops besides PBandai and NY are selling this?

Hopefully it will stay available for preordering for a month or two. Big In Japan and CDJapan will probably have it.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Sandman said:

You know I wasn't interested in this one. Didn't know anything about this mech. But damn those pictures have sold me on it. It looks amazing. Just got to figure out how to pay for it now. Or how to get it.

Just so you know, 'how to get it' is never a problem. Is 'how to pay it' is the problem. :db:

:lol:

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, no3Ljm said:

Wow. Can't believe prices really going up for this babies. I mean, compared to the first batches of Metal Build releases.

 

These are presale for the preorder.  We should be able to find them for cheaper when preorder officials launchs.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, F360 said:

These are presale for the preorder.  We should be able to find them for cheaper when preorder officials launchs.

What I mean is that Bandai already posted the actual price for this on their Tamashii page. And when you look back from the first Metal Build release that's almost a Y7000-9000 increase. And the increase is not going to stop there for sure.

I really don't know what to do if they started announcing UC era Mobile Suits that I like. Scary. :ph34r:

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/8/2017 at 10:23 AM, no3Ljm said:

Oooooh! I so WANT it! Hope there's an Avalanche Dash Weapon set soon. :wub:

mb_astraeaTypeF.thumb.jpg.56d611de08654c24caf2e5ab1200f700.jpg

As much as I hate to pay it in advance since it's TWE, I'm super thankful that it's TWE. :yahoo: 

I'm going to be on a vacation during the PO start date and scared that I won't be able to get one. But this way, I can. I just need to pay it in advance. :rolleyes:

 

Are you overseas then? This piece is beautiful, btw.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Kuma Style said:

Are you overseas then? This piece is beautiful, btw.

I'm US-based. But I will be busy with family stuff during the vacation so I'm not sure if I can secure a PO if it's going to be a regular release. So for me it's good thing that it's going to be a Tamashii Web Exclusive release even though it's pay upfront which most of us here hate when it's TWE release. :lol:

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, no3Ljm said:

I'm US-based. But I will be busy with family stuff during the vacation so I'm not sure if I can secure a PO if it's going to be a regular release. So for me it's good thing that it's going to be a Tamashii Web Exclusive release even though it's pay upfront which most of us here hate when it's TWE release. :lol:

 

Now, sorry if this reads stupid but I've never done a Web-exclusive release first-hand even on the P-Bandai U.S. site; what about it being a TWE makes things easier to secure? On face value it seems like it'd be harder.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Kuma Style said:

Now, sorry if this reads stupid but I've never done a Web-exclusive release first-hand even on the P-Bandai U.S. site; what about it being a TWE makes things easier to secure? On face value it seems like it'd be harder.

for P-Bandai,  this release and usually most every web exclusive are kept open for unlimited ordering till a deadline date is reached. at times orders close before the deadline date but they re-open all the time. This one has have limit of 6 per order (which is a good sign) that it's pretty easy to order as stores like Nippon Yasan will carry pre-orders for P-Bandai web exclusives if you don't want to use a proxy service.

it is much much harder to secure regular retail releases at pre-order. they go in about 20-30 seconds. 

 

Edited by davidwhangchoi
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, Kuma Style said:

Now, sorry if this reads stupid but I've never done a Web-exclusive release first-hand even on the P-Bandai U.S. site; what about it being a TWE makes things easier to secure? On face value it seems like it'd be harder.

It's not stupid at all if you think about it. As David said on his post, it's much harder to secure a regular release at preorder. Especially once the item went online for preordering. If you missed that opportunity, then you have to wait months or chances that it will open up again so you can order it. Whereas if it's TWE releases, it's unlimited, you can order how many you want and it has a deadline date. And like I said earlier, TWE items needs to pay upfront during preordering. And that sucks esp if you're budgeting your monthly toy expenses. Whereas with regular releases, you pay days or weeks before it gets released. Hence, you have time to save.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, davidwhangchoi said:

for P-Bandai,  this release and usually most every web exclusive. They have limit of 6 per order (which is a good sign) and are kept open for unlimited ordering till a deadline date is reached. at times orders close before the deadline date but they re-open all the time. it's pretty easy to order as stores like Nippon Yasan carries pre-orders if you don't want to use a proxy service. 

it is much much harder to secure retail releases at pre-order. they go in about 20-30 seconds. 

 

Got it! Thanks for the clear explanation; makes a ton of sense. That's pretty cool that they're made to order; I had no idea.

Edit: @no3Ljm thank you as well. Didn't see your post because I had this response box just sitting open while I did other stuff.

Edited by Kuma Style
Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, Scyla said:

Found a link at Anime Export http://www.anime-export.com/product/37947

I don't know if it's a placeholder or already sold out

I think that one is already pre sold out.

Since it's a web exclusive they don't need to follow the standard of listed it after official date/time.  Being able to delivery is another matter but they are normally good for it.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...