I have RD Zaku II and it's awesome! It looks much better in person compared to the web images and beleive me it's a joy to pose it.

I'm pretty happy with mine as well. Certainly there's some things that are still great about the previous MSiA 2.0 and EMSiA versions of the Zaku II but the RD Zaku II has it's own charms. The only complaint I have is that I have one with a bum leg cable on one side but maybe it's fixable. I'll have to try and modify it later.

Yeah, the EMSIA Zaku II is a very nice kit. I have three, and got the Zeon weapons that was a separate product. So my Zaku II leader is armed with a pair of shotguns... :lol:

The Kampfer shotgun from the UC Arms set is pretty awesome.

The picture/angle is kind of crumby but I've got both the old EMSiA and MSiA 2.0 (with that magazine exclusive set) pictured.

th_Zakusinaction004.jpg

Here's a link to another forum where I posted scans that show the magazine exclusive weapon set.

http://z11.invisionf...?showtopic=1126

and here's another that has scans showing the UC Arms sets

http://z11.invisionf...?showtopic=1139

I need to take comparison pics of all the Zaku II action figures now.

Edited by bluemax151

Nice museum, lovely shootgun. Yep I got two EMSIA Zaku's, love'em. Previously two MSIA ver. 2 but sold them and I don't know if I shall get the RD version and until now Zaku II FZ.

And with the upcoming Metal Fix Gundam Origin, Bandai should really consider making a Metal Fix Zaku II to along with the Gundam, you know how would this really sell if they ever produce it.

Edited by Black Valkyrie

And with the upcoming Metal Fix Gundam Origin, Bandai should really consider making a Metal Fix Zaku II to along with the Gundam, you know how would this really sell if they ever produce it.

Amen to that!!! Can't believe why Bandai is refusing to deliver a metal composite Zaku!!!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Anyome buying the gageing builder figures? Didn't realize they weren't model kits until recent!

They're meant to be linked into Gage-ing battle arcade game, using microchips inside (swappable) body parts of each figure. Since those arcade machines are very unlikely to leave Japan then their main gimmick is useless. As for the figure itself, they're the only 1/100 representation of AGE MS but from what I've seen they're more toy for kids instead of figure for collectors.

• 4 weeks later...

Just wanted to let you guys know that Ashley wood (3A toys) x Bandai Zaku interpretation goes on sale today for 330 USD including shipping. Built to order I heard. Unfortunately, I can't get one, but I heard that if these sell well enough, he might do gundam as well :)

Yeah, I kinda liked it, but was really on the fence about it, so I decided to sit this one out. I really liked all of it, except for the fact that it doesn't have a cockpit, (even the Rex has one!), which I really thought it should for the price, and this Zaku has TWO eyes. I can't imagine a Zaku without the monoeye design.

BEyond all, the overtly large body proportions are odd compared to the sized down head as well. If this were advertised as a post apocolyptic world zaku come hazmat suit, then sure....

The next Metal Build :

Freedom Gundam,

http://www.gunjap.net/site/?p=37145

Thoughts on the metal build series as a whole? Anyone pick up a 00 and have thoughts on it?

For the really high price tag, I could either get this freedom or a renewal VF-25....is it worth it for the freedom? What's so great about these figs that justifies the super high price tag?

Thoughts on the metal build series as a whole? Anyone pick up a 00 and have thoughts on it?

For the really high price tag, I could either get this freedom or a renewal VF-25....is it worth it for the freedom? What's so great about these figs that justifies the super high price tag?

I have the 00 and I have to say that its probably one of the best toys I've bought in 2011. The paint and finish is fantastic. All of the warning labels are painted on very well and the paint itself is incredibly sharp. Furthermore, most of the joints and frame of the 00 is made of metal. Articulation is between the HG and the MG 00. Its solid, and fun to pose. This line kicks the GFFMC series into a whole new level. IMG_2858.jpgIMG_2875.jpgIMG_2849.jpg

Thanks Super Hobo! Are these things fairly decent in size?

Gah, that 00 does look really good, with all those crisp white markings. I don't know why the Freedom is so much more expensive though, as it comes with less equipment, and seemingly a lot less markings as well.

Oh well, with that, I guess I am sold. Much better investment than those FMP Alter figures >_>

Thanks Super Hobo! Are these things fairly decent in size?

Gah, that 00 does look really good, with all those crisp white markings. I don't know why the Freedom is so much more expensive though, as it comes with less equipment, and seemingly a lot less markings as well.

Metal build are just Fix Metal Composite with out Katoki involved, they're 1/100 scale just like MG kits. As for price, maybe its because the wings are so big, or because SEED fans are suckers that'll pay out the nose for gimmicky crap.

RX-78 > Freedom.

and speaking of gimmicky crap, with all this SEED stuff coming out can we get a good Aegis gundam figure? That's just about the only SEED mech I like simply because I love robots that turn into giant claws/fists.

^lol

I am debating either waiting for the freedom, or just dropping the money now and picking up one of those nifty Metal Composite Origin Gundams...

Get the RX-78 Origin first. Its also pretty stunning. However, the paint on the face and the body itself isn't as good as the 00. Still a very good purchase nonetheless.