first of all it's a model kit (so you should have probably asked in the gunpla thread ;) ). The HY2M Glorious series where 1/60 scale models of Zeon MS's from 0079. IIRC, they're basically PG kits, just of enemy mecha.

I went to my local hobby shop and they have the Chogokin Kahen Senshi Zeta Gundam toy. Just wondering, is it any good? For some reason, the matte finish makes it look cheap.

Its actually a very good toy. There isn't a zeta figure quite like it that can do perfect transformation as well as maintain sturdiness and playability. It's really a masterpiece of engineering. The toy is made of high quality ABS plastic and die-cast metal for the joints and legs. The transformation is flawless and the poseability is good.

You don't really have to worry about breaking it unless you really put some force on the figure when posing it. I've droped mine on a hard floor before and nothing broke.

If you want a zeta figure that you can play with without it breaking on you this is it. Only con is that it doesn't have a stand and can be sometimes hard to put in a standing action pose. Other than that it's a great figure with no major flaws.

Its actually a very good toy. There isn't a zeta figure quite like it that can do perfect transformation as well as maintain sturdiness and playability. It's really a masterpiece of engineering. The toy is made of high quality ABS plastic and die-cast metal for the joints and legs. The transformation is flawless and the poseability is good.

You don't really have to worry about breaking it unless you really put some force on the figure when posing it. I've droped mine on a hard floor before and nothing broke.

If you want a zeta figure that you can play with without it breaking on you this is it. Only con is that it doesn't have a stand and can be sometimes hard to put in a standing action pose. Other than that it's a great figure with no major flaws.

I would agree that the toy is sturdy and great for play. I also think that the robot mode sculpt is very nicely done.

However, there are 2 other negatives IMO. One, the toy is 1/144 scale so it's a bit on the small side. Secondly, the Wave Rider mode does not look too good.

first of all it's a model kit (so you should have probably asked in the gunpla thread ;) ). The HY2M Glorious series where 1/60 scale models of Zeon MS's from 0079. IIRC, they're basically PG kits, just of enemy mecha.

Sorry if it is the wrong place to ask, but I am aware it is a kit, but I was interested in how good the quality of the model kit is ? Thanks in advance.

It takes a man to admit he was wrong.

Well I admit it. I was wrong about the GFFMC Unicorn. I just got it last night and wow. People that complain about the lack of paint apps must be on crack. This thing has a little bit of the HD paint scheme with more glitter. The closet thing I can compare it too is my recently built Kotobukiya AC White Glint + Overboost Movie version unit. Simply beautiful. I can understand why the pricing is exaggerated. I paid just under 180 for it. I didnt even know that it was discontinued. It still has the same loose feeling of some of the panels as does the MG but Its A LOT more sturdier. The bones you get a nice peg Stand and the twin beam gattling gun. I will take pictures of it. I have in regular mode whatever that is called but it looks like its ready to destroy so calling the other mode destroy mode is moot. The metal Joints and other pieces make it more hearty. Will go next to my MG HD + Cage version.

Simply outstanding.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys,

I have been wondering something lately. Remember that 1/35 Gundam FIX that was supposed to come out? Is that project still in the works by Bandai, or has it been

cancelled? I've been wanting to buy the figure when it came out, but I can't seem to find anymore updates about.

Is it another case of vaporware? I hope not :unsure:

-Archer

Hey guys,

I have been wondering something lately. Remember that 1/35 Gundam FIX that was supposed to come out? Is that project still in the works by Bandai, or has it been

cancelled? I've been wanting to buy the figure when it came out, but I can't seem to find anymore updates about.

Is it another case of vaporware? I hope not :unsure:

-Archer

If I recall correctly, I think that 1/35 RX-78 was only available for retailers who wanted to use it as a display piece.

If I recall correctly, I think that 1/35 RX-78 was only available for retailers who wanted to use it as a display piece.

Really? I could have sworn that Bandai made a statement that it would be for sale to the public for about $1000 and it would come with like a special collector's base and serial number. Maybe I missed the only retailer model memo.....

Would anyone know how to put in an order to buy one, maybe from a retailer that has it or something?

-Archer

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=25599&view=findpost&p=862126

From SW thread, gerwalk25 referring to your question, yes they are from a different line :

1- Gundam RX-78-2 its a limited edition 1/144 figure from the Gundam The Origin comic.

2- Hyakushiki is Extended-MISA, an upgrade line from the MSIA but far better.

3- O Gundam from pic 32 its from the Robot Damashii line.

Overall all those figure are a bit bigger than the average MSIA.

It takes a man to admit he was wrong.

Well I admit it. I was wrong about the GFFMC Unicorn. I just got it last night and wow. People that complain about the lack of paint apps must be on crack. This thing has a little bit of the HD paint scheme with more glitter. The closet thing I can compare it too is my recently built Kotobukiya AC White Glint + Overboost Movie version unit. Simply beautiful. I can understand why the pricing is exaggerated. I paid just under 180 for it. I didnt even know that it was discontinued. It still has the same loose feeling of some of the panels as does the MG but Its A LOT more sturdier. The bones you get a nice peg Stand and the twin beam gattling gun. I will take pictures of it. I have in regular mode whatever that is called but it looks like its ready to destroy so calling the other mode destroy mode is moot. The metal Joints and other pieces make it more hearty. Will go next to my MG HD + Cage version.

Simply outstanding.

here is the pic of it

DSC04425.jpg

BTW anyone get the composite Ka knightmare?? Just wondering if its worth it

Edited by Snail00

• 3 weeks later...

Interesting but how many RX do we need.

Well I've got the MSIA 1.0, MSIA 1.5, MSIA 2.0 the EMSIA and several variations under those and this release still has it's own charms besides the obvious wide variety of accessories (that none of the other action figures have had?).

Yawn...

Now the New Gundam Unicorn UC's look awesome.

and this is why we can't have nice things:lol:

I'll be getting those too but honestly the Stark Jegan and the Sniper II really can't be outdone at this point in terms of massive want on my end.

Well I've got the MSIA 1.0, MSIA 1.5, MSIA 2.0 the EMSIA and several variations under those and this release still has it's own charms besides the obvious wide variety of accessories (that none of the other action figures have had?).

and this is why we can't have nice things:lol:

True, I also had the MSIA 1.5 and before the DX Clover version, now just the Origin version.

Edited by Black Valkyrie

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I wanna get the Metal Composite GFF Gundam Unicorn but am confused with all the versions out there. Which is the best colour (cause i can't see the diff on the internet)?

Normal , Metal coat or Prism coat?

Am I correct in thinking there are no Zeta or CCA 1/100 GFFs?

I really only want larger figures, high quality like the metal composite reviews I've read - but am looking for the MkII or RX-93. They do have these in Fix, only 1/144 right?

Would be totally in for a 1/100 metal composite Sazabi, or Qubeley to go with the Gundams - are there rumors for this? Those 1/100 GFFs seem very popular from what I can tell...