The Metal Robot Spirits are always hard to get when a general release. Going to be a rough night trying to get a PO. 

Hopefully the US sites won't have a huge mark up on it. I got my Metal Robot Zeta at BBTS for $170. 

Just now, General Rasp said:

The Metal Robot Spirits are always hard to get when a general release. Going to be a rough night trying to get a PO. 

Hopefully the US sites won't have a huge mark up on it. I got my Metal Robot Zeta at BBTS for $170. 

I was thinking of preordering the Zeta back then, I managed to put one in the cart but decided not to. I like Zeta, but I really really wish that it was a 1/100 scale figure.

I'm going to try to PO this Justice since I already have Strike/Freedom and Infinite Justice. And at this point, how I wish they also do Strike and Aegis in this line. You know, just to complete Kira's and Athrun's suits in this line. ;) Strike is going to be expensive with those add-on parts because it's going to end up as TWE release for sure. I have to stop giving Bandai ideas now, huh. :rolleyes:

4 hours ago, General Rasp said:

The figure is amazing and you will notice it every time you walk into the room. It is well built with strong joints and some die cast metal for support. And Bandai did a very nice job with the paint but that will vary from figure to figure. But as @no3Ljm said, it is massive. For reference it will fill an entire detolf shelf and it has to be placed at an angle. It does have articulation but due to the design of the suit you aren't going to be able to get a lot of dynamic posing. I managed to get a good flight pose with it holding the gun out but that was the limit on a wide open shelf. 

Personally I don't think the figure is worth $450, considering it is more of a statue than an action figure. I would hunt around on Mandrake or Yahoo Japan auctions, see you can find a better price. $300 - $350 shipped to me would be the limit. And shipping will be expensive, the box was bigger could hold two to three metal build figures. I recommend hunting around on Buyee, I have been able to figure reasonable prices. Also look for, if you don't have it, the robot spirits Psycho Doga. It was a p-bandai figure released last year but has funnel affects for the Nightingale.  Considering the price Bandai should have included effect parts but oh well. 

If paint rub bothers you be aware that the front tip of the chest could have a blemish. The unit is very well packed but on my copy the plastic clamshell very slight rubbed the paint in that area during transit. It has a slight blemish and I can't see it anymore. If you are a big fan of the Nightingale I highly recommend this figure, just don't over pay too much. I don't regret buying it. I am still getting the HG model mostly because I want to see how Bandai engineers the joints for the wing binders. There is going to be a lot of weight with those. 

Hope that helps. 

Thanks Man. Ill take a look. I missed it on the first run and was out of work. But i love this mech. 

Only one listed in Mandrake and nothing listed on Yahoo auctions. It is one of a kind. I saw the HGUC but it still doesnt come close to this RS edition and it seems the 4th party KOs are not making any gundams lately 

image.thumb.png.213860c1812e3692fe85014f8e32cd9f.png

6 minutes ago, slaginpit said:

Thanks Man. Ill take a look. I missed it on the first run and was out of work. But i love this mech. 

Only one listed in Mandrake and nothing listed on Yahoo auctions. It is one of a kind. I saw the HGUC but it still doesnt come close to this RS edition and it seems the 4th party KOs are not making any gundams lately 

I've seen some listings in the YJA last night in case you want to join the bidding wars. Click here:good:

Edited by no3Ljm

4 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

I was thinking of preordering the Zeta back then, I managed to put one in the cart but decided not to. I like Zeta, but I really really wish that it was a 1/100 scale figure.

I'm going to try to PO this Justice since I already have Strike/Freedom and Infinite Justice. And at this point, how I wish they also do Strike and Aegis in this line. You know, just to complete Kira's and Athrun's suits in this line. ;) Strike is going to be expensive with those add-on parts because it's going to end up as TWE release for sure. I have to stop giving Bandai ideas now, huh. :rolleyes:

I am surprised we haven't gotten a Strike gundam yet, Bandai loves to do the Strike gundam. And you are right, all the extras are going to be ridiculous. I would love to a Strike Noir in MRS form. 

2 minutes ago, General Rasp said:

I am surprised we haven't gotten a Strike gundam yet, Bandai loves to do the Strike gundam. And you are right, all the extras are going to be ridiculous. I would love to a Strike Noir in MRS form. 

Nope. Bandai loves to do the 00/Exia variants more... and the Astrays. Not to mention the Unicorns. Hahaha! :lol: 

But I think 00 covers more tracks than the two. ;) 

Kidding aside, wish they do Strike and Aegis and the RX-78-2. I remember back then when a new line gets introduced, it's always Amuro's RX which I got tired of. Today, it's always 00 or the Unicorn. And, I'm getting tired of it... again. :unsure:

6 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

Nope. Bandai loves to do the 00/Exia variants more... and the Astrays. Not to mention the Unicorns. Hahaha! :lol: 

But I think 00 covers more tracks than the two. ;) 

Kidding aside, wish they do Strike and Aegis and the RX-78-2. I remember back then when a new line gets introduced, it's always Amuro's RX which I got tired of. Today, it's always 00 or the Unicorn. And, I'm getting tired of it... again. :unsure:

If they can do the Zeta gundam transformation they can do the Aegis, that would be cool to see. 

12 minutes ago, slaginpit said:

Thanks.! um how does an english speaking canadian use it sorry man i found one for 205 US

Oh, that is a good price. I got mine from NY (before they were shady) for 24,182 yen plus 5,200 yen shipping.

9 minutes ago, General Rasp said:

Oh, that is a good price. I got mine from NY (before they were shady) for 24,182 yen plus 5,200 yen shipping.

They are arnt they. They list low and soon as they get it in, if you did not pre-order boom New higher price. SHOWZ does the same thing. Maybe due to min. Order discount and such 

42 minutes ago, General Rasp said:

If they can do the Zeta gundam transformation they can do the Aegis, that would be cool to see. 

True. The only transforming Aegis I have was the Advanced MSIA. And it was so sloppy that I ended up gluing them in MA mode. :unsure:

40 minutes ago, slaginpit said:

Thanks.! um how does an english speaking canadian use it sorry man i found one for 205 US

You're welcome. I just copied the katakana word for the Nightingale in YJA. ;) And the $205 one is that thru the YJA or somewhere else? Congrats by the way. :good:

7 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

True. The only transforming Aegis I have was the Advanced MSIA. And it was so sloppy that I ended up gluing them in MA mode. :unsure:

You're welcome. I just copied the katakana word for the Nightingale in YJA. ;) And the $205 one is that thru the YJA or somewhere else? Congrats by the way. :good:

via YJA

28 minutes ago, slaginpit said:

via YJA

Nice! :good: 

6 hours ago, General Rasp said:

... Also look for, if you don't have it, the robot spirits Psycho Doga. It was a p-bandai figure released last year but has funnel affects for the Nightingale.  Considering the price Bandai should have included effect parts but oh well. ...

I forgot that Psycho Doga. The Funnel connector looks good on the Nightingale but I find the clear connector parts looks plain. It's basically more of an attachment than an effect part per se.

item_0000013270_KgLgwyHc_10.jpg

I found this RG/HG Sazabi Effect Parts on eBay and thinking maybe it can be customized to fit the RD Nightingale? Looks better IMHO connecting directly to the Funnel ports rather than just connecting the Funnels to look like it's floating like the picture above. What do you guys think?

s-l1600-3.jpg

Edited by no3Ljm

3 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

Nice! :good: 

I forgot that Psycho Doga. The Funnel connector looks good on the Nightingale but I find the clear connector parts looks plain. It's basically more of an attachment than an effect part per se.

item_0000013270_KgLgwyHc_10.jpg

I found this RG/HG Sazabi Effect Parts on eBay and thinking maybe it can be customized to fit the RD Nightingale? Looks better IMHO connecting directly to the Funnel ports rather than just connecting the Funnels to look like it's floating like the picture above. What do you guys think?

YEah it looks goofy coming from its but flap instead of the funnel pods lol 

EDIT: im curious as to the design of the nightingale. Its huge profile and it being glaringly RED makes it a perfect bullseye

Edited by slaginpit

12 minutes ago, davidwhangchoi said:

:unsure: 

After hinting at Metal Build Justice, Bandai trolling at it's best:lol:

Trolling or not, I'm pretty pretty sure you're going to try to place an order like me as well. :lol: 

12 minutes ago, slaginpit said:

YEah it looks goofy coming from its but flap instead of the funnel pods lol 

EDIT: im curious as to the design of the nightingale. Its huge profile and it being glaringly RED makes it a perfect bullseye

But then, remember that the pilot is Char. The only one who can actually take him down is Amuro. ;) 

Amuro is known to have few suits. Whereas Char... Hmmm. :lol: 

Edited by no3Ljm

5 hours ago, F360 said:

argh.. still MR,,, :angry:... ... waiting for MB Justice to go with my MB Freedom /2.0

Same here. But I think it's also nice to get this one as well. ;) 

3 hours ago, General Rasp said:

What happened to this being a general release?

Sad to say, the MRD Justice is a P-Bandai release.

Sigh :( i had to ask the Japanese dude to cancel the ebay purchase. GFD!! why WHY do they have to ship FEDEX> Over half of the price of the item goes to their BS fees. Same goes for DHL, and UPS. Everytime i bought from chinese guy or HLJ it was always EMS. UGH! His loss my loss. Farewell Ninghtingale. It was a love affair never meant to last. 

3 hours ago, tekering said:

It says it's only 14cm tall.  That can't be right, can it? :huh:

¥16,500 for a 1:144th scale Mobile Suit? :shok:

Yeah. Sad to say, that's how the price goes for these MRD's including Ver.Ka line. IIRC, it's much expensive than the first release MB figures. :unsure:

I'm now tempted to place an order for the Zeta. Oh no. :( 

How much was the initial PO? There wasn't any discount from the get-go, right? Tamashii site listed as Y16500/15000(excluding tax).

6 hours ago, General Rasp said:

MRD Zeta Gundam back-up on HLJ.

https://www.hlj.com/metal-robot-soul-ka-signature-side-ms-z-gundam-bans61302

Also put in my pre-order for the MRD Justice at P-Bandai.

I'm so tempted I placed an order for this. I'm really still on the fence on this one since I like it to be 1/100. If I change my mind, I'll just cancel it.

4 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

Yeah. Sad to say, that's how the price goes for these MRD's including Ver.Ka line. IIRC, it's much expensive than the first release MB figures. :unsure:

I'm now tempted to place an order for the Zeta. Oh no. :( 

How much was the initial PO? There wasn't any discount from the get-go, right? Tamashii site listed as Y16500/15000(excluding tax).

Most of the stores started to post MSRP with the tax. so  preorder at HLJ would still be 16500 yen..     I think only Cdjapan still offer preorder at before tax pricing.,  it too bad their fedex and DHL shipping is way too much (cdjapan)

1 hour ago, Darth Mingus said:

you need this and the Argama Deck from MegaHouse:

https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/VariationDetails/125016

Thanks. As much how it looks cool to have one... no for me. ;) 

1 hour ago, F360 said:

Most of the stores started to post MSRP with the tax. so  preorder at HLJ would still be 16500 yen..     I think only Cdjapan still offer preorder at before tax pricing.,  it too bad their fedex and DHL shipping is way too much (cdjapan)

Yeah. At this point on how much the shipping cost nowadays due to the pandemic, it's more practical to get it directly from P-Bandai US. If only they can offer us more choices and selections as what they have in the Japan site without so much restrictions, it will make our lives easier. I'm now looking forward on getting some Macross TWE releases in the P-Bandai US site. ;) 

1 hour ago, no3Ljm said:

Thanks. As much how it looks cool to have one... no for me. ;) 

Yeah. At this point on how much the shipping cost nowadays due to the pandemic, it's more practical to get it directly from P-Bandai US. If only they can offer us more choices and selections as what they have in the Japan site without so much restrictions, it will make our lives easier. I'm now looking forward on getting some Macross TWE releases in the P-Bandai US site. ;) 

I hope more items get put on p-bandai US,,   it so much easier to get them

• 2 weeks later...