4 minutes ago, brouken said:

That looks like a re-color of the one they released earlier: https://www.nippon-yasan.com/figures/22092-gundam-fix-figuration-metal-composite-wing-gundam-zero-ew-ver-limited-edition.html

What I'm more interested in is that Ka Signature MSZ-010 Double Zeta... 

Wow. That price is impressive.

3 hours ago, Alex GS said:

Not sure where to put it, but well here it goes, a new Metal Composite GFF :

I hope is not a P-Bandai exclusive like the Endless Waltz one.

*snip*

As mentioned above, it should be in the Gundam Figure thread.

And from the looks of it based on the photo you provided, it will be unveiled or it's a Tamashii Nations 2019 exclusive.

Edited by no3Ljm

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/1/2019 at 6:55 PM, kajnrig said:

Yo, with localized retail box and everything!

By the by, it's this figure (price seems pretty much spot on, too): https://hlj.com/gundam-universe-xxxg-01w-wing-gundam-bans55491

As a huge Gundam fan I appreciate a relatively inexpensive line of figures like Gundam Universe hitting store shelves domestically. Heck, while I'm a fan of Gunpla I think it's nice to have a sturdier toy to mess around with at my desk. I decided to check out the RX-78 and... I'm underwhelmed. The proportions seem weird to me. I mean, I know Gundam tend to have short torsos and long legs, but the RX-78 actually looks mismatched, as if they started making the torso for a 5” figure and the legs for a 6". The accessories are decent; you can an extra set of fists, a beam rifle, a shield, a stand adapter, two beam saber hilts, and two beam saber blades. I can live without the javelin, bazooka, it Gundam hammer, but I wish it came with hands for holding the sabers without trigger fingers. I also wish the shield or rifle could be mounted on its back.

The thing that really bugs me, though, is the articulation. Its shoulders can move laterally less than 90 degrees, the elbows only bend 90 degrees, the waist swivel (actually in between the red segments of its torso) is extremely limited, only the front and side hip skirts move, and only enough to move the hips about 60 degrees forward and laterally and about 45 degrees backward, and the knees only bend 90 degrees. This is far less than an HG model would have, but maybe a model isn't a fair comparison. A better comparison might be the similarly-sized, similarly priced (actually slightly cheaper) Marvel Legends, Star Wars Black Series, or Power Rangers Lightning Collection... oh, and (at least the Power Rangers) do have better articulation.

At this point I'm kicking it when it's down, but this line isn't in scale. So far the line is the RX-78, Wing Gundam, and the Unicorn Gundam. Serious fans probably know that those three suits are three different sizes, with the Unicorn Gundam being almost 20% larger than Wing, but the figures are all the same size.

So, I'm kind of torn. I want the line to do well, so more Gundam stuff might start to come over without importing it myself. But I'm pretty disappointed with the RX-78. I can't really recommend it, and I doubt I'll spend the time or money getting Wing and Unicorn.

2 hours ago, mikeszekely said:

But I'm pretty disappointed with the RX-78. I can't really recommend it, and I doubt I'll spend the time or money getting Wing and Unicorn.

I bought the grandad Gundam from this line as well.  With mine, the "helmet" was not glued on straight, so its head is slightly askew.  It feels sturdy, but I concur the articulation is lacking.  I'll just give to my boy when he's older or curious enough.

10 minutes ago, Valkyrie Hunter D said:

It feels sturdy

That's really the main reason why I wanted to check it out the GU line.  I built a ton of Gunpla, but the kits I built really didn't survive when I moved.  I tried to find my RG RX-78 to compare with, and there were a ton of parts that had fallen off that I couldn't locate on it and the G3.  I did find my RX-78/CA mostly intact, but when I started posing it it was literally crumbling in my hands.

I dunno, maybe my expectations aren't realistic.  I know that there are non-model Gundam figures that are supposed to be pretty great, but they're all expensive.  Because, I guess, in Japan they're competing with stuff like SH Figuarts and Playarts Kai.  And the GU line is supposed to be cheaper... but like I said, Hasbro's got a couple of $20 6-inch lines.  And sure, they're no Figuarts, but they do seem better than this.

2 hours ago, sumyumgoy said:

From Taghobby, bring on the 0083 gms and doms!

800A0AE9-2473-4487-9F3D-848573219A55.jpeg.00e0ffd8864c65eae40ca3fb4d59f084.jpeg

I can always approve of more 0083 mechs.  I still find them to be some of the best in Gundam.  Even the custom GMs looked amazing.