On 7/22/2019 at 5:35 AM, F360 said:

Just bought the Xamel.  I will get all of the 0083 line for sure but am unloading all of my other Robot Damashii Gundam lines from the other series.

I truly enjoyed the 0083 series, it was gritty, real, and had great combat scenes.

Edited by Ridden001

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Did you mean to ask that in the gunpla thread? Or is there a new "build it yourself" figure that came out recently?

Either way, Mineshima makes some tools that will get you where you need to go. Their nippers are pretty basic, but they'll work well enough for long enough, and they're cheap. I don't know about Amazon, but HobbyLink Japan has a pretty extensive catalog of tools: https://hlj.com/search/go?w=*&af=selectmanufacturer:mineshima

Since the Zaku comes with the Metal Build style stand. Is there an 3rd party stand but with printing for the RX-78?

A quick ebay search just yielded a bunch of other MB stands but none for the RX-78. 

14 hours ago, slaginpit said:

lol BBTS wants 300 dollars for XML wow! Im going to wait,. With the Canadian economy in shambles and people in my office getting fired. I guess times are amazing across the globe to afford such dust collectors

Bbts is never a cheap place to order twe items .  

You can preorder it from n-y , 21000 yen  

https://www.nippon-yasan.com/figures/28793-robot-damashii-side-ms-yms-16m-xamel-ver-anime-limited-edition.html

28 minutes ago, Graham said:

Kinda want this, but the Core Pod design really looks ugly and the toy seems to be lacking the chest vulcan that even the MG kit has.

The core pod have to get use to , just treat it like some BB SD fighter .  

The Vulcan is on the head for the rx-78-2

I got to say ,this thing feels really good in your hands . The weight is well balanced. 

I have the previous ver , but still have to buy this new ver just for the new color and marking .  Oh and the nice display stand .

kinda like getting another VF-1 just just because of different marking and maybe a different head.  :p

47 minutes ago, Graham said:

Kinda want this, but the Core Pod design really looks ugly and the toy seems to be lacking the chest vulcan that even the MG kit has.

6 minutes ago, F360 said:

The Vulcan is on the head for the rx-78-2

According to the wikia, the Origin 78-02 has

- 2x "Shoulder Magnum" (left side)
- 1x "Gatling gun" (right side)

http://dalong.net/reviews/mg/m190/p/m190_57.jpg

Seems this release is more substantial than just a recolor as I'd originally thought. The earlier release apparently represents the "Early Type" of the design (probably used early in the manga), and this newest one is the "Late Type" design (probably used later in the manga). The "Late Type" replaces the chest armaments with those headlight-looking things, and swaps the shoulder armor for ones that have a similar "headlight" accoutrement, as well as whatever other minor detail differences exist between the two.

18 minutes ago, kajnrig said:

According to the wikia, the Origin 78-02 has

- 2x "Shoulder Magnum" (left side)
- 1x "Gatling gun" (right side)

http://dalong.net/reviews/mg/m190/p/m190_57.jpg

Seems this release is more substantial than just a recolor as I'd originally thought. The earlier release apparently represents the "Early Type" of the design (probably used early in the manga), and this newest one is the "Late Type" design (probably used later in the manga). The "Late Type" replaces the chest armaments with those headlight-looking things, and swaps the shoulder armor for ones that have a similar "headlight" accoutrement, as well as whatever other minor detail differences exist between the two.

thx. I totally forgot about that MG. 

47 minutes ago, tekering said:

What's with that Core Fighter?  Did Gundam: The Origin feature a complete redesign, or is it just the toy that changed it?

I think it was a complete redesign in the novel when it was upgraded with the Core Pod.

On 8/22/2019 at 9:02 PM, kajnrig said:

I'm lazy to check my MC RX-78-2 origin but IIRC and if you're comparing it to the previous release (MC #1009), they basically have the same parts including the chest and armor 'headlight' pieces with some color difference. But if you're comparing it to the MG Origin, yeah it seems that the MG version doesn't have those chest/shoulder parts.

31 minutes ago, pafy6285 said:

I'm lazy to check my MC RX-78-2 origin but IIRC and if you're comparing it to the previous release (MC #1009), they basically have the same parts including the chest and armor 'headlight' pieces with some color difference. But if you're comparing it to the MG Origin, yeah it seems that the MG version doesn't have those chest/shoulder parts.

Ah, thanks for the correction. I mistakenly assumed that 1) the earlier release was identical to the MG Origin (ie the Early Type) and did not include parts to create the Late Type design, and 2) the newer release included parts only for the Late Type unit, and did not include parts to create the Early Type design. My bad!

With how plain the 0083 RDs are I'd rather get an MG kit which would be cheaper, big and more detailed. That's the main reason I couldn't pull the trigger on GP01 and 02.

With how busy I am, RD or MG, both would probably sit in the boxes forever too. LOL!!!

1 minute ago, eggy99 said:

With how plain the 0083 RDs are I'd rather get an MG kit which would be cheaper, big and more detailed. That's the main reason I couldn't pull the trigger on GP01 and 02.

With how busy I am, RD or MG, both would probably sit in the boxes forever too. LOL!!!

My GP02a being able to actually hold up its shield (with a bit of fiddling) on its own justifies getting it all on its own, to me.

I am really enjoying the RD line. Every time I get a new one it feels like a great purchase and keeps me pre-ordering them. 

The GP-02 turned out really nice and I can't to pose it with the GP-01 with I get some more Act 5 stands. Bandai has hit that sweet spot of play-ability and sculpted detail.

Now I have I have to find the money to pre-order the Xamel.  

I love the gp01, that’s my favorite rd so far. It looks amazing and isn’t flimsy or fidly it’s just perfect. I can’t wait for the gm’s and the rest of the zeon mobile suits. I don’t have space for a dendrobium, but would still love the gp03.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...