25 minutes ago, Ignacio Ocamica said:

I'm waiting for the Metal Build Mazinger Z Infinity. Can't remember how many months have past since I preordedred it at AmiAmi.

PO started way back the end of September of last year from what I remember. ;) 

4 hours ago, Loop said:

Lol totally missed this pre-order. Maybe I was only destined to have the one that I ordered years ago.

No worries , they should have alot of reopening later , might even get a nice discount with some usa stores.

5 hours ago, anime52k8 said:

and I just got an email from P-Bandai USA, they're saying ship date will be 2/22

1 hour ago, F360 said:

Got the same email this morning too.  Glad they were good for it since they haven’t added anything new ever since.

Can I ask what Gundam figure you guys are talking about that's going to be shipped this Feb? Maybe I missed a PO or something. Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

kinda slow on news with too many other news to filter. but the first batch is coming out soon, unfortunately my preorder is from the later batches.  

"METAL BUILD Gundam Asturea TYPE-F (GN HEAVY WEAPON SET)"  Release date May 2-18 (first batch)

http://blog.livedoor.jp/tamashii_robot/22199071201818

f56b6e66-s.jpg.97df0657017627e1b4706fedd31d47e1.jpg

update : I mess up on the release date, that 02-20-18 is just the sample date:;)

Edited by F360

11 minutes ago, F360 said:

kinda slow on news with too many other news to filter. but the first batch is coming out soon, unfortunately my preorder is from the later batches.  

"METAL BUILD Gundam Asturea TYPE-F (GN HEAVY WEAPON SET)"  Release date 2-20-18 (first batch)

I'm in the second batch for this release.

【2nd: Shipment in July 2018】

43 minutes ago, Loop said:

Looks like my GFFMC Wing Gundams are prepping for shipment :)

Yesterday my Metal Build Mazinger Z hit my HLJ PW.

looks like US-P bandai is showing the same prepping update too when you look in your order history.

Man , the 2nd batch is gonna feel like forever.. but then there's all these other releases coming out before it that was announced after. ;) guess I can wait.

9 hours ago, F360 said:

"METAL BUILD Gundam Asturea TYPE-F (GN HEAVY WEAPON SET)"  Release date May 2-18 (first batch)

update : I mess up on the release date, that 02-20-18 is just the sample date:;)

I’m on the later batch too via proxy buyer. Looks awesome. Can’t wait. :rolleyes:

Hope Bandai will also release a dash option set for this Astraea too. And a White Astraea too. ^_^ 

also on the bottom they hinted if things go well they will do Avalanche Astraea too and new original gimmick of METAL BUILD so please look forward to the next report

最後に……新情報!
ご好評を受け、このアストレア用の「アヴァランチユニット」が商品化決定しました! MSVのストーリー上でも登場している赤いアヴァランチユニットですが、当然ながらMETAL BUILDの新たなオリジナルギミックも検討中ですので、続報にご期待ください!!

So i'll be something like this, examples

rg_typef032.jpg.5ba36904c2c3311fc9b6949614409a5f.jpg

I hope it's not a whole new Metal Build.  Would prefet for it to be a nice complete option parts set.  ( I would prefer a nice option parts set so I don't have to rebuy):lol:

hoping for something similar to the RG 1/144 conversion kit

5a8926e3964cd_rg-avalanche-astraea-type-f(6).jpg.8b4ce4bc26b6e6604df0dd19a0cf55d9.jpg

16 minutes ago, F360 said:

also on the bottom they hinted if things go well they will do Avalanche Astraea too and new original gimmick of METAL BUILD so please look forward to the next report

最後に……新情報!
ご好評を受け、このアストレア用の「アヴァランチユニット」が商品化決定しました! MSVのストーリー上でも登場している赤いアヴァランチユニットですが、当然ながらMETAL BUILDの新たなオリジナルギミックも検討中ですので、続報にご期待ください!!

So i'll be something like this, examples

rg_typef032.jpg.5ba36904c2c3311fc9b6949614409a5f.jpg

I hope it's not a whole new Metal Build.  Would prefet for it to be a nice complete option parts set.  ( I would prefer a nice option parts set so I don't have to rebuy):lol:

hoping for something similar to the RG 1/144 conversion kit

5a8926e3964cd_rg-avalanche-astraea-type-f(6).jpg.8b4ce4bc26b6e6604df0dd19a0cf55d9.jpg

Totally missed that bottom paragraph. Hope it does well then. But knowing that this PO have different batches means it really did well, right? 

As for the part whether it will be a new MB complete set or an option add-on set, I don’t mind which one. Because for me, if it’s a new MB complete set then I will be able to display both configuration. Whereas, if it’s only the add-on set thenI might hunt down a 2nd Astraea figure so I can display both configuration. And for sure if it’s the latter, it will be hard to find a 2nd Astraea at MSRP. ^_^ 

But, at the end of the day, I’m just glad to know that Bandai is also considering to make an Avalanche Dash set for the Astraea. ;)

I finally received my MB Quan[t] from HLJ and I can totally understand now how the chest pieces can break. The chest assembly should have been made out of metal because the joints in the arms on mine are sooo tight that I can easily see ripping the chest apart when not being careful while posing the arms. Bummer.

I'm also not a fan on the panels that can pop off because they get in the way when playing with the figure. This is especially bad with the blue panels on the back of the lower legs which need to be moved out of the way for more than 90 degrees range of motion. I'm unable to keep them attached no matter how gentle I try it.

Missed opportunity by Bandai to sell the stripped down version as its own release down the line. On the other hand they probably did this to differentiate the Quan[t] from the 3rd party version which was released earlier last year. Same goes for the LED feature (thank god is not obtrusive). 

Speaking of that I might convince myself to buy the 3rd party version if it is still available. So I  have one Quan[t] that is solid to be posed and with the outer armor equipped and the MB Quan[t] for a stripped down display.

Otherwise my copy is pretty flawless in the QC compartment. I have one tiny spot where blue paint is in the middle of a white panel and some of the joints are too tight like the waist. No ugly gatemarks which makes me happy.

Looking forward to the next MB releases. I talked myself out of the Mazinger Z but if Bandai is going to release MB EVA units I'm on board. Looking forward to the Crossbones Gundam as well. 

Not sure if I wan the Fix Figuration Wing Zero but if I catch him by chance for a good price during the releases I might bite. :)

44 minutes ago, Scyla said:

Speaking of that I might convince myself to buy the 3rd party version if it is still available. So I  have one Quan[t] that is solid to be posed and with the outer armor equipped and the MB Quan[t] for a stripped down display.

Yes. It is still available for good price. ;)

4 hours ago, whitestar said:

Does anyone know of any online retailer that might still have the MB Astraea for preorder? Missed the P.O. window then didn’t jump on BBTS early enough.... <sad face>

Nin nin game have it but at $303

https://www.nin-nin-game.com/en/figures-goodies/25363-gundam-00f-gny-001f-gundam-astraea-type-f-gn-heavy-weapon-limited-set-metal-build-.html

That is probably the best thing.

I'm still undecided on the Wing Zero. On the one hand Wing Gundam was the first Gundam series I watched. On the other hand I don't want to start another toy line and I'm 100% certain that Bandai won't release the other 4 suits from Endless Waltz.... ...because they never to. :angry:

Edited by Scyla