Big in Japan has pre-orders for the 2nd batch.

https://www.biginjap.com/en/completed-models/19881-metal-build-gundam-astraea-type-f-gn-heavy-weapon-set.html

FYI, shipping to Michigan was 4,050 yen through FedEx or EMS. 

These metal build just kept getting more expensive to get. 

5 hours ago, General Rasp said:

Big in Japan has pre-orders for the 2nd batch.

https://www.biginjap.com/en/completed-models/19881-metal-build-gundam-astraea-type-f-gn-heavy-weapon-set.html

FYI, shipping to Michigan was 4,050 yen through FedEx or EMS. 

These metal build just kept getting more expensive to get. 

At BBTS they have it up for 400bills thats almost 500 bucks for me canadian add another 100 for shipping that is 600 bucks. Nah Ill pass. For 600 bucks I got my King Arts Hulkbuster with a mark 42 iron man that can fit inside and light up features galore and metal everywhere and its huge.

What a joke collecting Gundams and Macross has become. What I really want is a wing and I cant bloody find it anywhere

1 hour ago, Eslim109 said:

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F232563253029

up for sale on eBay and you can receive 8% cash back in eBay bucks (that would then have to be used on another eBay purchase)

comes to a total of $278 and $20 eBay bucks. 

Best deal so far

The price looks good but pre ordering on ebay from individual sellers can be risky.  The release date is over the 180 days safe zone. 

13 minutes ago, Sandman said:

Thanks. I didn't know the ver ka was not as posable as the origin version. Is it not worth getting?

It's still worth getting if you like the look of the G3 more.  It also have more diecast than those unicorn ones so it does not feel cheap and light when you hold them.

And of course if you can get it for a good price.  If only they remake it with the frame from "origin version",

but if you can only get one then "origin version" is the one to get.

39 minutes ago, F360 said:

woohoo, just got the good news from FromJapan.  They were able to pre order Metal Build Astresa for me. :)  too bad they weren't able to get it from the first batch  

Awesome. Glad you were able to snag one. I'm hoping a used one comes up one day for a somewhat reasonable price.

1 hour ago, Sandman said:

Awesome. Glad you were able to snag one. I'm hoping a used one comes up one day for a somewhat reasonable price.

many used Metal Builds are just "opened for inspection" ^_^

Preorder is suppose to open on 11-20-17 16:00 jst at Nippon-Yasan, if you still want to preorder a new one. not sure on the price

Or you can also use a proxy service to buy it for you similar to what I did. 

25 minutes ago, davidwhangchoi said:

nice! did you order 1 or 2? i only ordered 1 but still thinking about getting a second. 

I can't help myself and ordered 2 since the proxy fee and domestic shipping is the same weather it's 1 or 2.

and I can save on shipping, lol. :)

also for limited items or hard to get items I will always try to get 2.  This way if there's something wrong with one of them, I'll still have another one that hopefully have no issues. 

this is also my first time using Fromjapan so hopefully everything goes smooth.

5 minutes ago, Eslim109 said:

The fees from FromJapan do look pretty reasonable. 

The total cost is Cost of Figure + fees + domestic shipping + international shipping right?

if so I may just order one from them too

that's correct.

Here are the numbers

23,760 yen is the actual cost of the item
plan fee of either 300 yen (basic) or 700 yen(insured everything) 
Domestic delivery charge : 648 Yen 

so that's either 948 yen or 1348 yen for fee and domestic shipping cost

so total is either 24780 yen or 25108 yen before international shipping

for shipping estimate I gave it around 1.5kg-2kg packaged up , same rate for USA / Canada

If at 1.5kg
EMS 3,700 Yen
AIR MAIL 4,200 Yen
SAL 3,850 Yen
SURFACE MAIL 2,350 Yen

If at 2kg
EMS 4,500 Yen
AIR MAIL 5,050 Yen
SAL 3,850 Yen
SURFACE MAIL 2,350 Yen

2 hours ago, F360 said:

that's correct.

Here are the numbers

for shipping estimate I gave it around 1.5kg-2kg packaged up , same rate for USA / Canada

If at 1.5kg
EMS 3,700 Yen
AIR MAIL 4,200 Yen
SAL 3,850 Yen
SURFACE MAIL 2,350 Yen

If at 2kg
EMS 4,500 Yen
AIR MAIL 5,050 Yen
SAL 3,850 Yen
SURFACE MAIL 2,350 Yen

That is not a bad price before the international shipping. I am going to have to try From Japan. I pre-ordered through Big in Japan and the shipping for EMS or FedEx was 4,050 yen. 

7 hours ago, F360 said:

that's correct.

Here are the numbers

If at 1.5kg
EMS 3,700 Yen
AIR MAIL 4,200 Yen
SAL 3,850 Yen
SURFACE MAIL 2,350 Yen

If at 2kg
EMS 4,500 Yen
AIR MAIL 5,050 Yen
SAL 3,850 Yen
SURFACE MAIL 2,350 Yen

those are pretty good rates. 

glad that things have settled and it's easy to order. 

1 minute ago, Falcon said:

Got cart jacked before I could pay :(

I thought they would have more since the july batch is still up for preorder at japan p-bandai.  

maybe they already used up their addresses and accounts.  or they are saving it for later for more profit :ph34r:

On 11/16/2017 at 4:11 PM, F360 said:

The price looks good but pre ordering on ebay from individual sellers can be risky.  The release date is over the 180 days safe zone. 

Dont do it. I did it on 3 preorders on EBAY and got burned three times. Then you have to argue with Paypal and Ebay to get your money back on a 60 day money back guarantee.Unless its like amiami or NY which sometimes I see on ebay you are risking loosing money

4 hours ago, slaginpit said:

Dont do it. I did it on 3 preorders on EBAY and got burned three times. Then you have to argue with Paypal and Ebay to get your money back on a 60 day money back guarantee.Unless its like amiami or NY which sometimes I see on ebay you are risking loosing money

Yeah , ebay is not a good place for preorders.

5 hours ago, slaginpit said:

Damn well I already placed a pre-order and can't cancel. But I spoke to customer service for my cc and they said they will provide protection if I do not receive the item, regardless of the duration between my claim and my time of purchase. Hopefully I won't have to deal with it but it's good to know I have protection past 180 days. 

And just in case, I decided to purchase another using a proxy. Not gonna take the chance and lose out 

18 hours ago, F360 said:

METAL BUILD - GUNDAM ASTRAEA TYPE-F (GN HEAVY WEAPON SET) - LIMITED EDITION
https://www.nippon-yasan.com/figures/23111-metal-build-gundam-astraea-type-f-gn-heavy-weapon-set-limited-edition.html
24800 yen

i don't understand why they closed it so fast since it's still open on P-bandai. (i already ordered mine so i'm good, just commenting)