22 minutes ago, Shukenzero said:

Looks like this is gonna be a hard one to grab. Normally I'd see preorders locally but so far nothing. Even the slightest hint of a Hong Kong version slowed the webpage to a crawl.

looks that way.  it's listed on the HK site but like your said it's a freakin crawl to load and it didn't even start yet.  ( 25 minutes to go)

http://p-bandai.hk/tamashiiwebshop/item-1100006935

Looks like it's also limited to 1 per customer too over there. kinda like the MC GFF Gundam Wing.:unsure:

Edited by F360

3 hours ago, F360 said:

Didn't order from anime-export because I thought they were charging an arm and a leg. 

the biginjapan price isn't bad compared to what I just paid.  35000 Yen.

For those that have missed the various windows CDJapan has 4 left as of this post.  Cost me $325 after shipping.  Still $54 cheaper then bbts. 

http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/product/NEOGDS-256789?s_ssid=e33b705a0c5b5b63fb

9 minutes ago, davidwhangchoi said:

it was open 5:30am this morning up until a few moments ago on P-bandai. (anubis20 alerted me)

typical maneuvers. same exact thing as Wing Zero. i'm not falling for it. 

i'd just be ready for the reopening for several times before it's completely done. 

I wouldn't hold your breath.  Wing Zero was a different beast.  One of the most popular Gundam's in the U.S. that appeared in an OVA/movie and was listed on the U.S. P Bandai site as well.  They posted it on the U.S. P Bandai site early on.  The Astraea Type F is obscure having only been featured in a manga, and with the lack of a U.S. P Bandai posting I don't think odds are hight that this item will reopen.  I just have this feeling that this one will be rare, as anime-export posted it early on, btts has a crazy upcharge on it, cdjapan had a higher then normal upcharge as well, and NY is nowhere to be found.  I feel that this thing may be limited release, as Bandai probably figured demand wasn't to high; thereby, limiting supply which in turn is driving up demand.  Bandai be messing with us, telling us that pre order madness can strike anywhere haha. 

12 minutes ago, slaginpit said:

Guys how do you order from Bandai each time I tried it said it doesnt register for North America. I think its because of Blue Fin Distributing

Yeah the JP site doesn't ship to NA.  You have to use a proxy service to order off the JP site.  

They have a US site that is based and ships out of HK. 

http://us.p-bandai.asia/     The site is being sluggish right now though.

Completely screwed by p Bandai. Friend managed to direct me to a local shop that had secured Japanese preorders(!). Rushed out to grab the preorder and when I arrived they had already presold their allocations.

I had called ahead and they honoured my preorder thankfully, but the next guy in line couldn't get his preorder in. Obviously they have more for a larger mark up come release, but just glad to have sorted one out.

21 minutes ago, kajnrig said:

If this is a P-Bandai exclusive, shouldn't the preorder window be pretty generous? How is this situation different from, say, the VF-31A preorder, also a web exclusive, which is still open?

They have a set amount of units available and once the allocation is filled, the preorder is closed. Also, apart from gundam being super popular, the line has unique redesigns not available in any other form, save for expert builders able to convert gunpla.

1 hour ago, Vortech said:

Yeah the JP site doesn't ship to NA.  You have to use a proxy service to order off the JP site.  

They have a US site that is based and ships out of HK. 

http://us.p-bandai.asia/     The site is being sluggish right now though.

Ok I have a VPN and can switch it to Japan Locale but then I guess I need to find someone to stage it for me and ship it out to NA. Mandrake would be awesome to use but their stock is sooooooooo limited

2 hours ago, Vortech said:

Didn't order from anime-export because I thought they were charging an arm and a leg. 

the biginjapan price isn't bad compared to what I just paid.  35000 Yen.

For those that have missed the various windows CDJapan has 4 left as of this post.  Cost me $325 after shipping.  Still $54 cheaper then bbts. 

http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/product/NEOGDS-256789?s_ssid=e33b705a0c5b5b63fb

I wouldn't hold your breath.  Wing Zero was a different beast.  One of the most popular Gundam's in the U.S. that appeared in an OVA/movie and was listed on the U.S. P Bandai site as well.  They posted it on the U.S. P Bandai site early on.  The Astraea Type F is obscure having only been featured in a manga, and with the lack of a U.S. P Bandai posting I don't think odds are hight that this item will reopen.  I just have this feeling that this one will be rare, as anime-export posted it early on, btts has a crazy upcharge on it, cdjapan had a higher then normal upcharge as well, and NY is nowhere to be found.  I feel that this thing may be limited release, as Bandai probably figured demand wasn't to high; thereby, limiting supply which in turn is driving up demand.  Bandai be messing with us, telling us that pre order madness can strike anywhere haha. 

it's back up on P-bandai for pre-order. been for a while.

http://p-bandai.jp/item/item-1000119158/

i know people panic but they have traditionally come in waves. this likewise this is going to be available for a bit. the only time i worried ever was when the limit to order on p-bandai was 2 like Destiny Full Package, which still had several openings, or the Lottery. 

have at it guys and good luck!

8 minutes ago, davidwhangchoi said:

it's back up on P-bandai for pre-order. been for a while.

http://p-bandai.jp/item/item-1000119158/

i know people panic but they have traditionally come in waves. this likewise this is going to be available for a bit. the only time i worried ever was when the limit to order on p-bandai was 2 like Destiny Full Package, which still had several openings, or the Lottery. 

have at it guys and good luck!

Guess they got me haha.  I find Bandai to be unpredictable.

Hopefully it goes up on NY for a cheaper price then, and then I will try to cancel my order with CDJapan. 

53 minutes ago, Shukenzero said:

They have a set amount of units available and once the allocation is filled, the preorder is closed. Also, apart from gundam being super popular, the line has unique redesigns not available in any other form, save for expert builders able to convert gunpla.

I thought P-Bandai was "made to order," so to speak? Unlike the regular DX releases which are mass-produced and sold normally through retailers?

With the VF-31A, my impression is that they're leaving the preorder window open for a certain amount of time (started August-ish and ending two weeks from now-ish), and once that closes they'll only be making enough toys to meet that demand (maybe plus some for redundancy's sake).

56 minutes ago, F360 said:

looks like Fromjapan was not able to get the order in for me before it was sold out.   they cancelled the order and refunded back my money.

have them re-order it as it initially closed as you posted last night. but has re-opened 2 times and been open all day. i think they will be able to order now. 

13 minutes ago, davidwhangchoi said:

have them re-order it as it initially closed as you posted last night. but has re-opened 2 times and been open all day. i think they will be able to order now. 

the stock seems to be fluctuating from 6 to 3 to sold out in secs.  It's currently sold out again.  :unsure:

1 hour ago, davidwhangchoi said:

bandai with their drip/trickle distribution :angry:

hope you are able to grab one man, as you are one of the premier gundam alert persons on MW:)

Thanks, I'll try again on the 2nd batch.  

Updated November 15, 2017

This product has received very popular, there is a possibility that sales will be terminated early as the order for 【【2018 shipment shipment】】 will be closed.

In that case, we will schedule a second order receipt by changing the shipping month. We will inform you on this product page as soon as it is decided.

Nice, I'm glad they are opening up a second batch like they usually do. I totally missed out on this one last night by the time I fell asleep it wasn't even up for pre-order on p-bandai.jp

Updated November 16, 2017

With popularity, orders for 【【2018 shipment shipment】】 orders have ended.

We are scheduling secondary orders by changing the shipping month. We will inform you on this product page as soon as it is decided.

looks like they changed the wording just a bit.

Edited by Loop

3 minutes ago, chyll2 said:

NY PO date is 11/20. Monday, 4PM Japan time.

Is this the first time they did this?

yeah, I think it is.  I think they will list what they can get of the 2nd batch on that date.  

I kinda like this new announcement thing. but then it'll be a showtime fight instead of an random encounter. ^_^

2nd batch is going up soon, like in minutes.  11-16-17 1600 jst.

http://p-bandai.jp/item/item-1000120353/