I've been frantically checking the Japanese sites to get an MB F91!! Still no luck! I'm dreading that I'm going to end up paying the bbts price of $214 for that thing! We're getting closer and closer to the Japanese release date so I'm hoping more open up. 

The US retailer MB 'upcharge' does sort of even out with the shipping being rolled in from JP, but you still have to pay for domestic shipping which sucks. I did PO that crazy Red Frame power arm set through proxy though, not sure I'll ever take it out the box bc it so friggin huge with that hilt/beam sword thing. Not sure I want the Kai either, along with still having a WIP on the PG kit, I'm kinda Red Framed out atm. Secured a 7 Sword PO though, so that's done with...wallet is on fire, and now smoldering ash..haha

On 3/4/2017 at 0:01 AM, F360 said:

"METAL BUILD special exhibition " under holding of the AKIBA showroom in Akihabara, Tokyo. "METAL BUILD Gundam F91 MSV Option Set" was exhibited for the first time at this venue!

metalbuild_20170303_02.jpg.6dc7019a58fa564345b54ff572f6a8d5.jpg

Looks like a nice option set. I will be picking that up, hopefully it won't be P-Bandai. I wonder if Bandai will do a recolor with Harrison Martin scheme?

3 minutes ago, General Rasp said:

Looks like a nice option set. I will be picking that up, hopefully it won't be P-Bandai. I wonder if Bandai will do a recolor with Harrison Martin scheme?

It will most likely be P-bandai,  <_<

I'm planning on 2 option sets and maybe that Red Frame Kai also.  i'm liking the new marking and the darker gray look.

What I like most from the Main product content is no mentioning of " Special Sleeve ":lol:   

1000112977_10.jpg.0d0940242387b25c9d245ddd7bb0d149.jpg

1000112977_3.jpg.cb0acc832359634ac56ec68c60bbc44f.jpg

looks like Tiger pierce is just another gerbera straight. It would be good if they made differentiation of making the tiger pierce a smaller blade. (like the early sketches I've seen before)

edit:

What other MB release before that are limited to one per account? Will it be harder to catch or I can expect NY to carry it?

Edited by chyll2

Dang...preordered two full Kai red frames already...if I'd have known I would have just ordered the option parts. Either way, this release looks sweet, although I prefer the simplicity of the vanilla unit with gerbera straight. 

Wonder how many more option parts they got for this? Maybe just the helmet thing?

1 hour ago, chyll2 said:

looks like Tiger pierce is just another gerbera straight. It would be good if they made differentiation of making the tiger pierce a smaller blade. (like the early sketches I've seen before)

edit:

What other MB release before that are limited to one per account? Will it be harder to catch or I can expect NY to carry it?

The only other MB that was limited to one per account was the first batch of the Mobile Suit Gundam SEED DESTINY Heine Custom.  But the demand was too high so they made 2 more batches.

NY can get tricky when there's a low limit, but they probably already have a game plan setup by now to play with the P-bandai ordering limits.  They were not ready with the Heine Custom or the Destiny Full package, so they had to cancel some preorders. 

22 minutes ago, Shukenzero said:

Dang...preordered two full Kai red frames already...if I'd have known I would have just ordered the option parts. Either way, this release looks sweet, although I prefer the simplicity of the vanilla unit with gerbera straight. 

Wonder how many more option parts they got for this? Maybe just the helmet thing?

you are so lucky that you can preorder locally, so much money saved on shipping.

They havn't shown anymore for the red frame besides that, I can live without the helmet thing (squid head) , officially salvage unit.

mb.jpg.56f0a0662b65277291a79015233093d7.jpg 

17 minutes ago, F360 said:

you are so lucky that you can preorder locally, so much money saved on shipping.

They havn't shown anymore for the red frame besides that, I can live without the helmet thing (squid head) , officially salvage unit.

mb.jpg.56f0a0662b65277291a79015233093d7.jpg 

Yeah man thanks for the pic. Feel for you about the shipping costs :( 

When I first saw the salvage unit in toy form the first thing I said was "easy pass" and I buy most optional parts lol. It's like using a paper bag with claws to cover up your beautiful metal build toy.

4 hours ago, chyll2 said:

kai options parts up at NY at 5850 yen. Unfortunately, the set is already sold out at 26500 yen

https://www.nippon-yasan.com/figures/20376-metal-build-tactical-arms-iil-tiger-pierce-option-set-limited-edition.html

The set is still available on P-Bandai though.

I went the proxy route via White Rabbit this morning.  

Will probably still buy one option set from NY as well.

1 hour ago, Vortech said:

The set is still available on P-Bandai though.

I went the proxy route via White Rabbit this morning.  

Will probably still buy one option set from NY as well.

Nvm. I answered my own question.

any thoughts as to sites like NY having more stock for the Red Frame set?

Edited by Eslim109

I'm not familiar with White Rabbit. But based on what I checked on their site. Their EMS shipping cost is somehow in-line with the recent JapanPost pricing. But when I compared their Red Frame Kai pricing, they're atleast Y4000 expensive than Nippon-Yasan due to their service fees. Guess, it's another one of those last resort online ship thing, eh.

50 minutes ago, Eslim109 said:

Does the service fee from White Rabbit include the international shipment of the figure? Just wondering if the total is reasonable as I've never used White Rabbit before

No, I don't think it does. There's a Cart Help section that has the Shipping Rates calculator link. I don't think this international shipment cost is included in that 12.5% service fee. If it does, then that's one cheap shipping cost there. ;)

So the overall additional fees is atleast 18% of the said item price. And that doesn't include the international shipping yet.

58c2df39cd160_ScreenShot2017-03-10at9_12_46AM.png.8f067c1062c140192f7df3898d92637c.png

Edited by no3Ljm

53 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

I'm not familiar with White Rabbit. But based on what I checked on their site. Their EMS shipping cost is somehow in-line with the recent JapanPost pricing. But when I compared their Red Frame Kai pricing, they're atleast Y4000 expensive than Nippon-Yasan due to their service fees. Guess, it's another one of those last resort online ship thing, eh.

Yup, pricing is not as good as NY, and it is more of a last resort, but it locks in the item.

Also international shipping is not included, add another $15-25 depending on how you decide to ship it.

I can't use the internet much today, was too tired yesterday, and now finally got home , to see METAL BUILD Gundam Astray Red Frame Kai is now sold out at P-Bandai :angry:

can't even use proxy to get it now, :(

Considering that it's limited to 1 person, it sold out pretty fast, so I hope they will announce another Batch like what they did with MB Destiny.

42 minutes ago, seti88 said:

Ooo thats a recent launch by cdjapan? How does this compare to other proxy services like buyee?

its more of a relaunch, they use to have proxy service too, but it has high fees and a bit confusing to most.  They relaunch it after making it much easier.  They also made it connect to all their items, so if it get sold out, you can see right away what's the new going rate price. I never used buyee so I can say about their services.