19 minutes ago, subie81 said:

Really? I remember getting mb strike freedom from hlj at its pre order price of 20,000 yen I believe and bbts had it for $239.00 plus shipping if I'm not mistaken. Plus I don't ship ems. I usually ship SAL. Hlj has the MB f91 for 17,100 yen and bbts has it for $214.99 which is absurd!!! With SAL shipping (if available) would still be cheaper than bbts. Plus bbts will charge you for shipping (maybe $6 or $7) with their super saver option.

I agree with you there. Getting it cheap at any Japanese retailers and have it shipped SAL. Granted that the item you're going to get is thru HLJ. But the moment you ordered it thru other shops (not HLJ) who has bad customer service when it comes to defect products, returns, and whatnot. Getting it from BBTS with a little bit of marked up price would be great instead. Because if ever you receive it with defects, it's easy to return it to them. Because they're already using our regulations regarding purchasing.

7 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

I agree with you there. Getting it cheap at any Japanese retailers and have it shipped SAL. Granted that the item you're going to get is thru HLJ. But the moment you ordered it thru other shops (not HLJ) who has bad customer service when it comes to defect products, returns, and whatnot. Getting it from BBTS with a little bit of marked up price would be great instead. Because if ever you receive it with defects, it's easy to return it to them. Because they're already using our regulations regarding purchasing.

True. I'm just tired of paying these insane mark ups through the US retailers though. I agree I usually get most of my items through hlj and never had a problem with their customer service with regards to a defective item. With my other items I ordered from amix2, cdjapan etc. I guess I got lucky because I never had a defective item from them! (Knock on wood!)! That MB f91 and mb strike freedom pricing on bbts kills me!!

4 minutes ago, subie81 said:

True. I'm just tired of paying these insane mark ups through the US retailers though. I agree I usually get most of my items through hlj and never had a problem with their customer service with regards to a defective item. With my other items I ordered from amix2, cdjapan etc. I guess I got lucky because I never had a defective item from them! (Knock on wood!)! That MB f91 and mb strike freedom pricing on bbts kills me!!

I agree. And I understand the frustrations especially everytime we compare prices between getting it cheap in Japan and getting it a little expensive here locally. I guess in the end, whether you get it abroad or locally, whether it's cheap or expensive, whether you get it defective or not, make sure what matters is that you have a piece of mind about your purchase. ;) 

Just a head's up. Can't remember if the picture had the info, but Metal Build Red Frame Kai is a Tamashii web exclusive, scheduled for a September release. 

Preorders went up at local retailers this afternoon. Shouldn't be as hot as the 7 Sword, but this includes the base red frame, so depends on how many people missed it on the original release.

4 hours ago, Shukenzero said:

Just a head's up. Can't remember if the picture had the info, but Metal Build Red Frame Kai is a Tamashii web exclusive, scheduled for a September release. 

Preorders went up at local retailers this afternoon. Shouldn't be as hot as the 7 Sword, but this includes the base red frame, so depends on how many people missed it on the original release.

Will some Japanese sites carry the Red Frame Kai TWE Preorder?

13 minutes ago, Eslim109 said:

Will some Japanese sites carry the Red Frame Kai TWE Preorder?

You know that Nippon-Yasan always carries Tamashii Webshop Exclusives and Premium Bandai stuff. And from what I've read from some members is that Loopaza carries them as well. 

23 minutes ago, Archer said:

Is there any reason Bandai refuses to make more metal builds and DX valks? I mean, they sell like hot cakes even at eBay mark up prices...

Simple answer to that is that they don't market nor cater their toys 'internationally' esp the DX 'Valkyries'. Which you already know 'why'. They always cater first to their audience locally than internationally. Selling it internationally is more like a discretion of the retailers. But I do understand your point why Bandai doesn't produce 'more' based on the selling out of preorders and whatnot. But I'm sure they don't 'refuse' it per se. Officially though. Probably they're just being careful not to over-produce, hence, the from time to time reissues of 'likeable' or 'fast seller' Gundams and Macross figures.

Metal Builds are in greater supply than Macross valks. The reason being Bandai produce them for different regions other than Japan. Hong Kong always gets Tanashii Web Exclusives outside of Macross, and there's also an Asia region version of the upcoming Seven Sword if I'm not mistaken. I saw a preorder sheet which said HK version, JP version and the third being AS, which I assume is for the wider Asia area, or maybe it's the US release?

6 minutes ago, Shukenzero said:

Metal Builds are in greater supply than Macross valks. The reason being Bandai produce them for different regions other than Japan. Hong Kong always gets Tanashii Web Exclusives outside of Macross, and there's also an Asia region version of the upcoming Seven Sword if I'm not mistaken. I saw a preorder sheet which said HK version, JP version and the third being AS, which I assume is for the wider Asia area, or maybe it's the US release?

What were those 'region' versions? Do they have some exclusivities that goes with the figure depends on what region bought? Or it's more of production region? 

Personally I would love to see a Metal Build EZ-8, GP-01 Full Burnern, or Alex Gundam with the removable armor. I am actually surprised they haven't done a Hi-Nu Gundam. It is a popular suit a main character pilots. I can see why they haven't done a RX-78, its been so many times already but the Hi-Nu seems like a guaranteed winner. It would be nice if they moved away from Seed and 00 for awhile. If Bandai did a Metal Build Stirke Noir I would pick it up, maybe a Justice. I can't think of any other suits they would do for Metal Build. 

7 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

What were those 'region' versions? Do they have some exclusivities that goes with the figure depends on what region bought? Or it's more of production region? 

It's just unit allocation to different places. They are officially released in parts of Asia, and so have their own preorders instead of being imports from Japan. There's a sticker showing the local area distributor address, which is not on the Japanese releases.

Most shops ask if you want the local or Japan versions, with the Japanese version slightly more expensive but they are always the same thing from the same factories, yet people still think there's a difference.

8 hours ago, F360 said:

MHToyshop has it up for pre-order $224.99 ,

http://www.mhtoyshop.com/mobile-suit-gundam-00v-battlefield-record-00-gundam-seven-sword-g-metal-build-action-figure/

i havent shop from them before so can say if they are good or not.

I bought a Figma from them recently and they were a very good store. They responded to my emails and shipping packaging was excellent. The only thing I didn't like was non-refundable pre-order. 

When you look at it, the US based sites are basically rolling in the fee that would be for EMS to the USA + a markup although I'm sure they get it shipped to them for way less. I have a no hassle cancel pre-order with Lunar just in case, but I will still try to get one from a JP based site before that one even makes it in to Luna. I know I'm a freak for wanting to have at least 1x of every Metal Build that has released thus far. I'm probably just in panic mode though as of now because I had the flu and slept through the pre-order madness. 

Of course, the prices of the original on the secondary market are insane.  I already have the original SS + Riser and GN Sword and the second release they did that was just the OO Riser without all the seven sword kit included and some minor marking changes.